Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Remember the minarets?

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

anymore wrote: »
    Now if we are going to play this game, then let me ask you, should all muslims call for the removal of all references to Jiihad from the Holy Books ?

Whats that to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

In fact where I live it is already illegal to consume alcohol on the street ! And gardai have the power to remove the offending bottles.
    Now if we are going to play this game, then let me ask you, should all muslims call for the removal of all references to Jiihad from the Holy Books ?

That is not what I asked you. I asked, as you are so concerned about health implecations of wearing a burqa that you want it banned, do you also think alcohol consumption, smoking, and eating fatty foods should be banned due to their negative health implecations? Talking about drinking alcohol in public is nothing to do with it and is avoiding answering the question.
    It is not a game, it is a legitimate question as you said yourself.

I don't know what so-called references to Jihad are you taking about and I don't see the relevance to this discussion anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

That is not what I asked you. I asked, as you are so concerned about health implecations of wearing a burqa that you want it banned, do you also think alcohol consumption, smoking, and eating fatty foods should be banned due to their negative health implecations? Talking about drinking alcohol in public is nothing to do with it and is avoiding answering the question.

It is not a game, it is a legitimate question as you said yourself.

I don't know what so-called references to Jihad are you taking about and I don't see the relevance to this discussion anyway.

I ddi answer your question - there are laws covering the comsumption in public here - did you not read my answer. There are also laws and rules concerning foods and additives to foods. Do you not live in Ireland to say you are not aware of this ?

I ddi answer your question - there are laws covering the comsumption in public here - did you not read my answer. There are also laws and rules concerning foods and additives to foods. Do you not live in Ireland to say you are not aware of this ?

You are still not answering the questions. Why do you keep talking about consuming alcohol in public? That is not my question.

You think the burqa should be banned as it allegedly causes vitamin D diffiency in the women who wear it. My question is do you think alcohol consumption should also be banned (in pubs, on the street, in the home, anywhere) because of the damage it causes to humans (cardiovascular disease, malabsorption, chronic pancreatitis, alcoholic liver disease, and cancer).

Do you think smoking should be banned because of the damage it does to the person smoking (lung cancer, increased cholesterol, etc)?

You are still not answering the questions. Why do you keep talking about consuming alcohol in public? That is not my question.

You think the burqa should be banned as it allegedly causes vitamin D diffiency in the women who wear it. My question is do you think alcohol consumption should also be banned (in pubs, on the street, in the home, anywhere) because of the damage it causes to humans (cardiovascular disease, malabsorption, chronic pancreatitis, alcoholic liver disease, and cancer).

Do you think smoking should be banned because of the damage it does to the person smoking (lung cancer, increased cholesterol, etc)?

You mean you did not like the answer I gave which is quite different from my not answering the question.
    Now if you wish to continue going down the path of bringing in tangenitial issues, I am happy to do so but you cannot then come along talking about those issues having nothing to do with the threador otherwise complaining about the issues I rasie ; are we agreed ? Lets be clear on the ground rules.

• Advertisement

You mean you did not like the answer I gave which is quite different from my not answering the question.
    Now if you wish to continue going down the path of bringing in tangenitial issues, I am happy to do so but you cannot then come along talking about those issues having nothing to do with the threador otherwise complaining about the issues I rasie ; are we agreed ? Lets be clear on the ground rules.

The point here is that your argument to ban the burqa on the basis that it allegedly causes vitamin D diffiency in women is very weak. If nannyism such as this was extended to ban other things which have a negative impact on health then we would have to ban things which presumably do not suit you (e.g. banning alcohol as it causes liver damage, banning smoking as it causes cancer).

The point here is that your argument to ban the burqa on the basis that it allegedly causes vitamin D diffiency in women is very weak. If nannyism such as this was extended to ban other things which have a negative impact on health then we would have to ban things which presumably do not suit you (e.g. banning alcohol as it causes liver damage, banning smoking as it causes cancer).

One, I am not seeking to have burquas banned on the grounds alone of physical health; read back this thread and Ban the Burqua thread for al the reasons.
    Second, why are you assuming I am a coumer of alcohol and/or tobacco ?

One, I am not seeking to have burquas banned on the grounds alone of physical health; read back this thread and Ban the Burqua thread for al the reasons.
    Second, why are you assuming I am a coumer of alcohol and/or tobacco ?

Keep on avoiding the questions, good man yerself.

Have a nice day.

P.S. I have just unsubscribed from this topic so won't see any further question avoidance tactics from you.

Advertisement