Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

johnny Ronan

• 28-07-2014 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

You have to hand it to this man,he was written off and is coming back into his profession to chase back what he established.
    I am actually impressed by his conviction and as long as the Irish state is not at a loss once the dust settles then fairplay to the guy.
    Anyone know how he got started in business in the first instance as some of the buildings treasury developed are really nice the convention centre for one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

You have to hand it to this man,he was written off and is coming back into his profession to chase back what he established.
    I am actually impressed by his conviction and as long as the Irish state is not at a loss once the dust settles then fairplay to the guy.
    Anyone know how he got started in business in the first instance as some of the buildings treasury developed are really nice the convention centre for one.

I'd guess he started of small and built it up. I'd agree with you, you have to admire skmeone who loses everything and instead of sitting on the sidelines cribbing and moaning goes out and rebuilds himself.

I'm going to guess that most will disagree because he's a property developer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Wonde if he still has the Hummer ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Wonde if he still has the Hummer ?

Wonder if he's still shagging Chris De Burghs daughter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Most Treasury Holdings buildings were indeed a cut above the average Celtic Tiger carbuncles.

His own house is a monstrosity though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Phil_Lives

You can doff your cap to your perceived betters.
    For the rest of you I suggest you go in to google and search
    johnny ronan site:namawinelake.wordpress.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

There's a thread on him not too far back.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057050441
    It was never made clear if he made personal guarantees on his debts but Phoenix magazine reported that he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I'd imagine Ronald Quinlan, in his position as chief property developer sycophant, is putting the finishing touches to his latest puff-piece for tomorrow's Sunday Independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I'd imagine Ronald Quinlan, in his position as chief property developer sycophant, is putting the finishing touches to his latest puff-piece for tomorrow's Sunday Independent.

Well Ronald is on a day off I think...so,will Niamh Noran do ...?

Some very fortright thinking on display here from John Flynn.....is there anything to back up his viewpoint ?

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/nama-is-like-north-korea-developers-are-afraid-to-speak-30479421.html

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Villa05

How much is the biggest property owner in the country (the state) paying this guy in rent.
    its very easy to comeback when you are dealing with idiots who have unlimited credit and can fleece the rest of us if there is a credit issue

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I'd guess he started of small and built it up. I'd agree with you, you have to admire skmeone who loses everything and instead of sitting on the sidelines cribbing and moaning goes out and rebuilds himself.

I'm going to guess that most will disagree because he's a property developer

I would have thought the Irish habit of sycophancy for some cute hoors had abated somewhat with the fact that most of them left us all, the normal taxpayers and indeed the citizens current and future, paying off their huge debts run up through a combination of stupidity and arrogance.

According to the above posts, one would swear that the guy was left with nothing but an arse in his pants when in affect all that happened is he lost some of his companies which were in massive debt.

Did he lose any of his personal wealth ?
    Did he lose any of his homes ?
    As far as I know he still has all his personal property in Enniskerry and Dublin ?

In fact wasn't there some debate how himself and his partner in business carried out an asset transfer from one of their companies to themselves personally in order to prevent falling into NAMA (i..e the taxpayers/citizens of this state) ?

The big problem in this country is that people like ronan et all are seen as successful entrepreneurs when really they are failed developers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

jmayo wrote: »

Did he lose any of his personal wealth ?
    Did he lose any of his homes ?
    As far as I know he still has all his personal property in Enniskerry and Dublin ?

In fact wasn't there some debate how himself and his partner in business carried out an asset transfer from one of their companies to themselves personally in order to prevent falling into NAMA (i..e the taxpayers/citizens of this state) ?

The big problem in this country is that people like ronan et all are seen as successful entrepreneurs when really they are failed developers.

If I recall correctly, Mr.Ronan and Mr.Barrett, despite losing control of Treasury Holdings, were paid €5 million by the official liquidators to Treasury Holdings when that company was being disposed of.

Development Securities, a UK based fund, is allegedly financing Ronan these days.

Maybe Johnny will give his brother a digout?
    http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=31845

Advertisement