Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPad Air 2 - Available from October 17th

• 16-10-2014 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭

Apple announced the new iPad Air 2 today, also included availability as the 17th. I'm planning on picking one up myself, not sure what time orders go live though. Would usually be 12am but because it has just launched I think it may be 8am to coincide with the US time.

Anybody else planning to order?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Suspect 8am...and yep, I'll probably order one. They're offering them on education discount this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Zcott wrote: »
    Suspect 8am...and yep, I'll probably order one. They're offering them on education discount this year.

Yeah was gomna order on Black Friday but I might as well just use the discount. I looked at it earlier and it was close enough, and no waiting till November either. Looking like 8am alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Pointless upgrading from my original Air imo.

No idea why anyone would update every year, waste of money.

mdwexford wrote: »

I don't update every year usually, just randomly whenever I like the update.

Firstly I need more storage and will be upgrading to 64GB, I love TouchID so that's another reason to upgrade imo. It's also had the updated screen, supposedly looks the same as the new iPhone and that's huge for me. Also has updated internals, new camera with slo-mo which I love, it's thinner, but more importantly lighter. All these tied together are more than enough to warrant an upgrade for me personally. I'll get s fair bit back for my iPad Air too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Tried to order iPad Air 2 from Apple site in Ireland and the UK, no luck

• Advertisement

Nothing for me yet either.

Probably midnight tonight.

Anyway there will be the usual rush

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Last year there was no issue getting iPads on launch day.

Argos is good bet by the way, especially with the Reserve service.

Some people just like to have new stuff. I don't buy much during the year other than diesel and rent, so why shouldn't I upgrade my iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

airuser wrote: »
    Tried to order iPad Air 2 from Apple site in Ireland and the UK, no luck

Are there any warranty issues with ordering from the uk?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No, not with an iPad. You just have to have a UK address to get it delivered to or use Parcel Motel.

Apple Stores closed at this time

Apple Store down so they must be coming soon.

When the Stores are up and running. One may check on the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

DubDJ wrote: »

Firstly I need more storage and will be upgrading to 64GB, I love TouchID so that's another reason to upgrade imo. It's also had the updated screen, supposedly looks the same as the new iPhone and that's huge for me. Also has updated internals, new camera with slo-mo which I love, it's thinner, but more importantly lighter. All these tied together are more than enough to warrant an upgrade for me personally. I'll get s fair bit back for my iPad Air too.

How much will you get back for the iPad Air?

I'm not sure but I keep my stuff in excellent condition with screen protectors and cases. Also all the accessories are brand new in the box so I'd get more than the average usually. I'd say €350-€400 as its the 32GB model. Probably the lower end of the scale though as Apple dropped the price of the iPad Air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Apple Store down . They'll be on sale shortly

I'm not sure but I keep my stuff in excellent condition with screen protectors and cases. Also all the accessories are brand new in the box so I'd get more than the average usually. I'd say €350-€400 as its the 32GB model. Probably the lower end of the scale though as Apple dropped the price of the iPad Air.

I just put mine up on adverts at around that price point like yourself I keep mine in excellent condition and its 32GB so I hope it will sell quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

8am PDT, 5pm GMT perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

Live now!

• Advertisement

Just out my order through. Delivers next week 22nd - 24th. Around 7 days till delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

When do the brick and mortar shops sell them?

Next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Will there be a bendy option?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

endacl wrote: »
    Will there be a bendy option?

No, just like there isn't with the iPhone.
    Must ridiculous complaint ever, apply direct pressure to something then of course it can bend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Very minor upgrades.
    It'll run close to the exact same as your current air and won't feel noticeably lighter either.
    Zcott wrote: »
    Some people just like to have new stuff. I don't buy much during the year other than diesel and rent, so why shouldn't I upgrade my iPad?

There's surely other new stuff to purchase.
    New tv, ps4 or something else you don't have?

Maybe try getting some other hobbies to spend your money on?
    Diesel, rent and new ipad sounds pretty boring.

There's surely other new stuff to purchase.
    New tv, ps4 or something else you don't have?

Maybe try getting some other hobbies to spend your money on?
    Diesel, rent and new ipad sounds pretty boring.

No interest in a TV so that rules out a PS4 or Xbox. I like iPads instead.

Anyone got any shipping estimates? Mine is saying 23-27 October.

Very minor upgrades.
    It'll run close to the exact same as your current air and won't feel noticeably lighter either.

Can I ask what you consider is a major update? Your not one of those who thinks it's the same unless they change the physical design are you?

It's thinner and lighter, a much better screen, Touch ID added, new processors - improved CPU and GPU performance, much better front and back cameras, faster wifi and they've dropped the price of the middle and higher tiers of storage by ~€100.

I wouldn't call it a total revamp but it's hardly just minor.

Can I ask what you consider is a major update? Your not one of those who thinks it's the same unless they change the physical design are you?

It's thinner and lighter, a much better screen, Touch ID added, new processors - improved CPU and GPU performance, much better front and back cameras, faster wifi and they've dropped the price of the middle and higher tiers of storage by ~€100.

I wouldn't call it a total revamp but it's hardly just minor.

My iPad air sold this morning for €350 the brother in law is in the US now so hopefully he will pick one up for me. €350 seems like the going rate for them.

• Advertisement

My iPad air sold this morning for €350 the brother in law is in the US now so hopefully he will pick one up for me. €350 seems like the going rate for them.

Going to put mine up soon when I get a chance. Seems to be very few of them for sale, compared to when I sold my iPhone. Only a handful of 32GB and 64GB. I'd be hoping to get €350 myself.

Advertisement