Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

getting gas for single house

• 19-04-2014 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

hi lads hope someone can give me a bit of advice.
    i have decided to get a gas tank fitted for heating water etc..

has anyone got one in lately?

im looking for a idea of cost of buying the unit,i can have base and the tank in place pipes ready to be connected etc myself

are there any regulations regarding min distance from road or from house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,725 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

vinnie13 wrote: »

im looking for a idea of cost of buying the unit,i can have base and the tank in place pipes ready to be connected etc myself

Ring The gas supplier but I'm nearly sure it's 3 metres from the house, but double check with them. Laying the gas pipe is something you cannot do yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

vinnie13 wrote: »

All works must be carried out by an RGI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭richieburke01

shane 007 wrote: »
    All works must be carried out by an RGI.

There is also distance from road so the hose from delivery truck can reach it

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Truck parks in my driveway and tank is at back of back garden so its about 30 metres away i'd say.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

OP, contact the proposed gas supplier (Calor/Flogas) and they will send a rep out to inspect the site and discuss the installation and costs etc. with you, as they have their own installers for the tank, and base etc. will depend on tank size that will be fitted.

You can agree works with them, but the only thing you would be able to do yourself (as a non-RGI I assume) is the base, all tanks and any pipework or appliance work has to be performed and certified by an RGI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ei9go

Check your price per kilowatt hour, I think you'll find LPG pretty uncompetitive with oil or natural gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

marvsins wrote: »
    Truck parks in my driveway and tank is at back of back garden so its about 30 metres away i'd say.

Tank has to be visable from the truck.
    For safety when filling.

303951.pdf

303952.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

ei9go wrote: »
    Check your price per kilowatt hour, I think you'll find LPG pretty uncompetitive with oil or natural gas

That's true but more efficient with a modulating gas condensing boiler.

• Advertisement
Advertisement