Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fantomas

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Maybe you should have listened to them before you went! :D

The drummer was Terry Bozzio, filling in for Dave Lombardo who's touring with Slayer at the moment.

Err I have directors-cut, suspended animation and disco volante .. as I said, I guess I was just expecting a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭peepingtom

Kali wrote:
    Err I have directors-cut, suspended animation and disco volante .. as I said, I guess I was just expecting a bit more.

Disco Volate is a Mr Bungle album .... not being pedantic or anything ... i've not heard Suspended animation yet so cant comment on that .... Directors cut is a novely album for me ... i have probably listened to it only a handful of times ..... i just went to see how they would do things live, it wasnt what i expected either to be honest, but to see them play music that complex, in such a manner was an experience you wont forget

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

peepingtom wrote:
    work away :) ... thought it was great last night, although personally i would have prefered to see FNM, BUngle, or Tomahawk .... it was certainly entertaining though and it meant we got a long overdue dose of Patton
    Sure Tomahawk were here like 3 years ago or sumat :)

Disco Volante, is as said, a Mr Bungle album Kali, and bears no relation to the Fantomas sound (though it is great! :D). Directors Cut is very good, but is a lot different to the "typical" Fantomas sound. Suspended Animation is good, the best description of it I've heard is "It's like the first album with cartoon sounds", which I think I heard off John2, but I could be wrong! :) I haven't heard Delirium Cordia enough though, so can't comment on that one.

They did what Fantomas do brilliantly. It's a pity some people were expecting more so to speak, but they did their own work excellently. I'm sure many people went just because of the likes of Patton/Buzz (and Bozzio) without actually knowing much of their collaborative work.

i had tickets to that tomahawk gig at the ambassador, but it was cancelled ... i cant remember it being re-sheduled, but i may have missed out on hearing about it. ..... i'd really love to see Mr Bungle, but it looks like they have packed in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

No no, they played about 12-18 months before that one that was cancelled was scheduled to go ahead :) Do nay worry, it was never rescheduled, ya didn't miss it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Wow, I wasn't expecting so many negative comments about the gig. Last night was exactly what I was expecting and I thought it was excellent. I don't know what people were expecting when they said they wanted more. I didn't see anyone leave, where I was it seemed to be a lot of hardcore fans (and one girl who practically orgasmed when Patton came out on stage).

I really liked the way everyone's instruments were put through Patton's desk. Turns out a lot of the cartoon noises from Suspended Animation are processed drums. Couldn't really see Bozzio poperly thanks to the speaker stack which was unfortunate.

Also, did anyone else think that the combination of chants for Bozzio and Buzzo sounded like Bozo? Clowns indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Went to Les Georges Leningrad instead. Great fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ThirdEyeOpen

Just wondering if anybody has anymore pictures of the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

The rest of my pictures were ****, the one I posted was the only passable one. Sorry :(

i was chatting to this spanich bloke who had taken some really good shots ... i've asked him to eamil them to me .... hopefully he will, and i'll post them on here if he does

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 willpak

Great gig, really enjoyed it. Nearly spazzed out when several tracks from Jess Franco's Sexadelic Dance Party were played directly after the gig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

...if Mike Patton pooed into a cup, and said it was art, would you buy it?

Oh wait...i paid for my ticket, and all i got was poo in a cup

...if you get my drift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

...if you get my drift

haha post of the year :)

Although I'd say Patton always won the oul staring contests in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

yeah, kicked ass. Great gig. bungle, zappa, melvins , can't go wrong. Best gig ive been at in ages actually, prolly in about 2 years.

yes ..... i would

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

...if you get my drift

Ya cos it would be the best damn cup around!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Vlad Drac

Have to say I thought this gig was ****e and was quite dissapointed. Am quite a big fan of Pattons music until quite recently when I believe he started taking on too may projects and spreading himself thin. Thats been the worst Patton show outta the 4 i've seen by a long shot. Think it had a lot to do with the waiting around, the venue being a bit crap in my opinion, missing Lombardo, and the Fantomas sound not being as fresh as it was when they just started out. I reckon he should pack in this project asap because its gonna get very stale ,very fast....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

if anything fantomas is the strongest band patton's ever been in (including fnm). they're not pigeon-holed into doing any type of music. their next album could be death metal or pop, it makes no difference because the band is so "out there".

anyway, was well impressed by the show, and bozzio's drumkit.

Advertisement