Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Notes App

• 21-08-2013 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭

I've been using Catch notes for the past couple of years for note taking; saving stuff off the web; making lists; saving important info... Its a very well put together app & is very visual and its stand out feature is that it makes sense! It is actually my favorite app, so I'm a wee bit disappointed that its being discontinued.

I've used Evernote and Springpad in the past but didn't find the very intuitive, so they rarely got used.

Can anyone recommend a really good app for this type of thing?

268304.jpeg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I've been using Catch notes for the past couple of years for note taking; saving stuff off the web; making lists; saving important info... Its a very well put together app & is very visual and its stand out feature is that it makes sense! It is actually my favorite app, so I'm a wee bit disappointed that its being discontinued.

I've used Evernote and Springpad in the past but didn't find the very intuitive, so they rarely got used.

Can anyone recommend a really good app for this type of thing?

268304.jpeg

Have you tried google keep?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've used catch for a few years now. I have about 50 saved notes. It's the best notes app I've used. I don't think there is anything comparable but will follow this thread with interest.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Will you not still be able to use it after it's discontinued?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

No, it will be taken offline.

I'm looking into using a mix of Keep & Pinterest, but Pinterest is proving a bit troublesome and even using two apps doesn't seem to achieve what Catch does... Its amazing that an app with over 5 million users is not seen as viable...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The app will still work, but the notes won't be saved in the cloud (which is the important part).
    Bluefoam wrote: »
    No, it will be taken offline.

Its amazing that an app with over 5 million users is not seen as viable...

I'd happily pay a few quid for it (as I'm sure a large percentage of their 5m+ users would too). They're taking it a new direction, so maybe that's on the cards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement