Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can or bottle

Options
  • 30-04-2007 5:12pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Some people swear that fizzy drinks taste better out of a can. The only drink where I think this is true is Lilt. Otherwise, I prefer bottles. Which is your preference, in general?

Can or bottle? 63 votes

Can
    0% 0 votes
    Bottle
    76% 48 votes
    Neither, I don't drink fizzy drinks
    23% 15 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bottle here, I miss the glass ones that you could get so easily a few years ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

i dont really drink fizzy drinks, however if i had to choose it would be a bottle, for the simple reason that the cork on the bottle keeps the mouth of it clean where as a can could have all kinds of animals crawling around it and then you drink from it. not healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

glass bottle>can>plastic bottle

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Bottle - you don't have to drink it all in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

^^ agreed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

zaph wrote:
    Bottle - you don't have to drink it all in one go

That is the convenience of the bottle alright, but IMO the drink tatses better out of the can.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

rubadub wrote:
    glass bottle>can>plastic bottle

Exactly but you can never get glass bottles anymore except in the pub.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

Aye, and then they cost a fortune. I have to admit that im a can person aswel. Whatever the difference in chemicals in the container is, it makes such a difference:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Cans are good, but to make it extra special, I try and get a flexi straw with it. Evokes a lot of memories of hoidays. Plus it won't stain the front of your teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

*sigh*
    Supercan ftw.

But, can has to do, since they brought out them ghastly plastic bottles.

Remember the coke ones were green?
    WTF :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Can. For the simple reason that a drink that is in a can is 10 times colder than that which is in a bottle... I don't know why, but its true.. also there's too much in a bottle as opposed to a can..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I tend to buy bottles for the convenience but I prefer cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

i dont really drink fizzy drinks, however if i had to choose it would be a bottle, for the simple reason that the cork on the bottle keeps the mouth of it clean where as a can could have all kinds of animals crawling around it and then you drink from it. not healthy

But did you see where the caps of bottles where stored before they put them on a bottle???? I have and its not nice !!!! ;)

A can always for me. Seems to be always colder.

dulpit wrote:
    Can. For the simple reason that a drink that is in a can is 10 times colder than that which is in a bottle... I don't know why, but its true.. also there's too much in a bottle as opposed to a can..

Cans are made from thin walled aluminium. Thin wall absorbs and gives off heat/cold very readily. So if you have a can lying in a freezer or in a fridge the heat transfers very quickly to the contents. So cans will cool much faster, but also warm up quicker, but beer & coke is usually drank before they get a chance to.
    Exactly but you can never get glass bottles anymore except in the pub.
    I know it is disgraceful, especially in these days of recycling, it should be reusing not recycling. I always remember being in spain as a kid with litre glass contour bottles of coke, beads of humidity on the bottle, cold as ice lashing them down.

Pubs are a fecking rip off, 2.80 for 200ml, 20times dearer than a supermarket, I am surprised people dont stash in softdrinks to pubs, more of a saving than stashing in vodka!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Can all the way. I must drink at least one can of coke a day, but if they've only bottles, I won't buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

rubadub wrote:

I know it is disgraceful, especially in these days of recycling, it should be reusing not recycling.

But recylcing is easier - and these days you can recycle plastic too ;):D
    rubadub wrote:
    Pubs are a fecking rip off, 2.80 for 200ml, 20times dearer than a supermarket, I am surprised people dont stash in softdrinks to pubs, more of a saving than stashing in vodka!

Definately agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Cans. Not as practical as bottles, but I think cans taste colder and fizzier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Hardly ever buy cans, bottles r just better value. But its definitely true that cans taste better. Bring back the golden era of the SUPERCAN i say

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Dentist gave me a big long spiel on how cans are bad for your teeth for some reason, and that if you are going to drink fizzy drinks, do it from a bottle. But i prefer cans, so that dentist can just suck it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Definitely cans - the drink is colder, and just tastes nicer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

How about an aluminium bottle? :D :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I don't know, I get a metallic taste from drinks in cans a lot. Ruins the whole experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Has to be in a can. Those plastic bottles don't even come close!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I've changed my mind. Now i want to drink from this baby right here... :D

sdonn_1 wrote:
    How about an aluminium bottle? :D :rolleyes:
    http://www.danzka.com/

great vodka, comes in aluminium bottle and gets absolutley freezing in no time at all. As I said before aluminium has great heat transfer effects on drinks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tastes better from cans, more in a bottle though. :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

dulpit wrote:
    I've changed my mind. Now i want to drink from this baby right here... :D

It's pretty cool, but the downside is that there's Pepsi in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Glass bottle and Can. Had a lovely cold can today with my chinese. Has to be done when eating takeaway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Glass bottle is really good but you only get 250ml. :/

• Advertisement

Glass bottle is really good but you only get 250ml. :/
    most in pubs are 200ml or less, ridiculous price. 4 litres of pepsi in tescos is €1.57 at the moment, thats 8cent for 200ml, my local charges 35 times that.

Advertisement