Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keston Celsius 25 leaking

• 25-03-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi

I have attached a picture of my gas boiler which has just started leaking from the gas inlet valve which seem to be quite rusty. Is this dangerous and should I call the landlord before the rgi guy?

It actually seems to be coming from one of the screws beside the valve.

Appreciate the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

crossvilla wrote: »
    Hi

I have attached a picture of my gas boiler which has just started leaking from the gas inlet valve which seem to be quite rusty. Is this dangerous and should I call the landlord before the rgi guy?

Appreciate the help
    When you say leaking can you smell gas if so turn your gas off at the meter immediately,open windows and doors to ventilate area and do not use anything Electrics

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭crossvilla

There is a bit of a smell but I presumed it was from the rusty water, it doesn't smell like gas. Is it unusual for water to be leaking from around the gas inlet valve?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

crossvilla wrote: »
    There is a bit of a smell but I presumed it was from the rusty water, it doesn't smell like gas. Is it unusual for water to be leaking from around the gas inlet valve?
    There could be a water leak in the boiler and it might be escaping around the gas connection best thing is to get it checked out by a RGI ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭crossvilla

Cheers for the info Robbie.G

Advertisement