Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

contract non renewal followed by "offer" of a few extra days

• 01-06-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Here's a sticky one for anybody who regularly contracts. I'm in a situation where my contract ends on a fixed date, but the client said verbally that they would be willing to keep me for another week or two. I said that would be great and we would talk again but nothing more was said and nothing was put in writing.

Now the client is pissed because I had assumed that getting nothing more in writing that might or might not happen and I've one of these complex written contracts that stipulates I'm not supposed to go in without having a contract in place and obviously I can't bill the client. I've heard nothing back from my agent since I last spoke to them.

My client is also now grumbling that if I go on that date I'm not giving proper notice, even though really I don't have any proper notice now, aside from not having any kind of job to go to, and nothing concrete in writing to confirm a formal agreement beyond the contract end. Its really difficult, and upsetting enough to have the client get really snotty with me as they had said they couldn't renew me due to the company policy.

Any suggestions or is this really one for proper legal advice. I really feel like I am being shat on as my workload is practically exploding as they try to squeeze every last iota out of me before I go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ongusamo wrote: »
    the client

<snip>

my agent
    I guessing the client wants you to work for them directly and thus getting you on the cheap, minus what he'd pay the agent for your services. I'd wonder would the client pay tex, etc, or expect you to pay for it. I'd also wonder if your contract with the agent would allow you todo such a "nixer"?

Advertisement