Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Airport New Routes 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Can't see IAG being happy with CX into Dublin. It would be much better for AL to fly East and feed into Cathay at HKG and take on the ME players. Kill two birds with one stone.

basill wrote: »
    Can't see IAG being happy with CX into Dublin. It would be much better for AL to fly East and feed into Cathay at HKG and take on the ME players. Kill two birds with one stone.

Flip that on its head, Aer Lingus flying into HK Cathays market. Think about it this way, Aer Lingus concentrates on what it's good at for the time being North America and let Cathay do what it's good at Asia and bring traffic into its own hub and feed passengers into Aer Linguss Dublin hub.

IF it was to happen, it could also be an extension of a UK route, they wouldn't need to worry about runway length (already done with Garuda into Gatwick via Amsterdam). Cathay would have the fleet resources available better than little old Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MoeJay

IF it was to happen, it could also be an extension of a UK route, they wouldn't need to worry about runway length (already done with Garuda into Gatwick via Amsterdam). Cathay would have the fleet resources available better than little old Aer Lingus.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose..? Pax can already transfer at LHR etc etc so the rationale would have to support a direct route. Oneworld would provide CX codeshares all over the place on EI flights.

Good rumour though!

MoeJay wrote: »
    Wouldn't that defeat the purpose..? Pax can already transfer at LHR etc etc so the rationale would have to support a direct route. Oneworld would provide CX codeshares all over the place on EI flights.

Good rumour though!

Yes possibly, but who knows, I think personally they would struggle off 28 in a 330 or a 777. Maybe they are looking at potential destinations for their soon to be delivered 350 fleet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

MoeJay wrote: »

Good rumour though!

Would be same plane, likely no unloading. A lot more attractive than transferring at LHR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MoeJay

Well I suppose what I mean to say is if the idea is HKG-UK-DUB and vv. then the rationale of using the aircraft for those 2 short sectors when feed already exists has got to eat into the economics to a substantial degree. If it's only "topping up" the load on an existing route then what kind of revenue would have to be generated to offset the current connecting feed? That's why I'd see it as a direct route.

Apologies this is a bit OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Dublin Airport has stated a DUB - PEK route will be in place for 2016 and Paris Chalons Vatry (Disneyland) website says next year they will have an Irish connection, Ryanair into Dublin I would presume... What happened with the carriers who were meant to be reopening Plymouth and another meant to be flying to Norwich or somewhere? I assume they jumped the gun a bit? Not much more in the way of confirmed news.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

BA and CX have a long and unhappy history. I doubt Cathay give two hoots what BA feel about any route they develop, and I wouldn't bet on IAG going outof their way to assist them ;)

man98 wrote: »
    Dublin Airport has stated a DUB - PEK route will be in place for 2016 and Paris Chalons Vatry (Disneyland) website says next year they will have an Irish connection, Ryanair into Dublin I would presume... What happened with the carriers who were meant to be reopening Plymouth and another meant to be flying to Norwich or somewhere? I assume they jumped the gun a bit? Not much more in the way of confirmed news.

I would imagine that's Hainan airlines, they've been expanding quite rapidly internationally in the last 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

I would imagine that's Hainan airlines, they've been expanding quite rapidly internationally in the last 12 months.

The long running rumour is Air China... I suppose we won't know for another few months.

Aer Lingus TATL announcements are due this month too iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

They may not be happy but BA/CX have an agreement between them, not sure what the extend of it is though.
    The long running rumour is Air China... I suppose we won't know for another few months.

Would prefer Air China or China Southeran than Hainan airlines but suppose any service is always a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Does Aer Lingus have any aircraft that can operated HKG-DUB (5318 NGMS) against the prevailing winds?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

only new route for Ryanair from Dublin is Amsterdam with 4x flights daily.

also "Extra flights on 14 routes: Alicante, Barcelona, Berlin, Birmingham, Brussels, Budapest, East Midlands, Liverpool, London Gatwick, Madrid, Malaga, Manchester, Venice Treviso, Warsaw"

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/15903-dublin-summer-2016-schedule/?market=ie

for the increased frequency routes that leaves you with
    Alicante 2 x daily
    Liverpool 4 x daily
    London Gat 6 x daily
    Barcelona- 3 x daily
    Madrid 3 x daily
    Berlin 2 x daily
    Malaga 3 x daily
    Birmingham 6 x daily
    Manchester 6 x daily
    Brussels 3 x daily
    Venice 5 x weekly
    Budapest 9 x weekly
    Warsaw 1 x daily
    East Midlands 2 x daily

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I'm liking the double daily to/from Berlin :-) With EI also on the route we'll have up to 4 flights a day now to DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

only new route for Ryanair from Dublin is Amsterdam with 4x flights daily.

also "Extra flights on 14 routes: Alicante, Barcelona, Berlin, Birmingham, Brussels, Budapest, East Midlands, Liverpool, London Gatwick, Madrid, Malaga, Manchester, Venice Treviso, Warsaw"

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/15903-dublin-summer-2016-schedule/?market=ie

for the increased frequency routes that leaves you with
    Alicante 2 x daily
    Liverpool 4 x daily
    London Gat 6 x daily
    Barcelona- 3 x daily
    Madrid 3 x daily
    Berlin 2 x daily
    Malaga 3 x daily
    Birmingham 6 x daily
    Manchester 6 x daily
    Brussels 3 x daily
    Venice 5 x weekly
    Budapest 9 x weekly
    Warsaw 1 x daily
    East Midlands 2 x daily

For comparative purposes, this summer the frequencies were:

Alicante 1 x daily + 3 weekly
    Liverpool 3 x daily
    Amsterdam - Not served
    London Gat 5 x daily
    Barcelona- 2 x daily
    Madrid 2 x daily
    Berlin 1 x daily
    Malaga 2 x daily + 1 x 5 weekly
    Birmingham 4 x daily
    Manchester 4 x daily
    Brussels 1 x daily + 1 x 6 x weekly + 1 x 3 weekly
    Venice 3 x weekly
    Budapest 1 x daily
    Warsaw 6 x weekly
    East Midlands 1 x daily

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

lxflyer wrote: »
    For comparative purposes, last winter the frequencies were:

Alicante 4 x weekly
    Liverpool 3 x daily
    Amsterdam - Not served
    London Gat 5 x daily
    Barcelona- 2 x daily + 1 x 2 weekly
    Madrid 2 x daily
    Berlin 1 x daily
    Malaga 1 x daily + 1 x 4 weekly
    Birmingham 4 x daily
    Manchester 4 x daily + 1 x 2 weekly
    Brussels 2 x daily + 1 x 4 x weekly
    Venice Not served
    Budapest 1 x daily
    Warsaw 6 x weekly
    East Midlands 1 x daily

The new announcement is for summer 16 not winter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭5star02707

me likey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭dzilla

I wonder what is the 3rd flight to Malaga time wise. They only have 2 flights a day on the website at the moment

Locker10a wrote: »
    The new announcement is for summer 16 not winter

Apologies - have edited it!!

Corrections weren't that many in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

DUB/AMS starting October 27th, now that sounds like a plan. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Pat Dunne wrote: »

On sale as well, from €10 at launch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Pat Dunne wrote: »

I wonder will FR schedule a longer turn around they will never do 25 mins in AMS ! The taxi alone is 20 mins !
    EasyJet for example do it in 40-45 mins and still struggle

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

did a quick check, currently all flights on 27th and 28th are E20 return fare with ryanair. Aer Lingus cheapest return is E82 and E98 most expensive. that is flying out on 27th October and back on 28th. I cant see the non budget carriers pleased at Ryanair coming into a major european hub! Would be good for Dutch tourist industry though...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

9 flights going from Dublin to Amsterdam daily

A bit overkill .. Would rather have seen they served Cork or Shannon

weisses wrote: »

Limited market from Shannon and Cork, plus you can't make much impact with one flight a day each way. That's why they will have choosen their first routes carefully and decided these two will do some business for us especially with a decent frequency.

Where are you getting nine daily flights from?

It's only four daily.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    did a quick check, currently all flights on 27th and 28th are E20 return fare with ryanair. Aer Lingus cheapest return is E82 and E98 most expensive. that is flying out on 27th October and back on 28th. I cant see the non budget carriers pleased at Ryanair coming into a major european hub! Would be good for Dutch tourist industry though...

I would imagine that the vast majority of people using Amsterdam as a hub airport are using through ticketing for their onward flights - that's not possible using Ryanair.

This will appeal to point-to-point traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Aer Lingus has 5 daily flights

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Limited market from Shannon and Cork, plus you can't make much impact with one flight a day each way. That's why they will have choosen their first routes carefully and decided these two will do some business for us especially with a decent frequency.

Cork has two EI flights daily which are well occupied I found

My point is that 5x daily with EI is already a decent frequency imo

But they probably had their maths done :)

• Advertisement

Cork has two EI flights daily which are well occupied I found

My point is that 5x daily with EI is already a decent frequency imo

But they probably had their maths done :)

Sorry - thought you just meant Ryanair.

Yes, I'd wonder if there is that much point-to-point traffic?

Hub traffic would account for a reasonable share of the route.

Advertisement