Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yoga Tablet 2 10 (WiFi) - platinum silver €159.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mok

received shipping confirmation at 4am this morning saying 3-6 days for delivery.....tablet just arrived at work now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anyone know of any good cases to recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Just arrived! I thought Android 5.0 was already available for it, but it came with 4.4.2 and there is no update available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Got the shipped email this morning, arrived around 11 lol. Booted it up got notification for system update thought it was lollipop but still on KitKat. So far so good just listening to some music now very happy with the sound from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Just arrived! I thought Android 5.0 was already available for it, but it came with 4.4.2 and there is no update available.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Android-Yoga-Series-Tablets/Yoga-Tablet-2-series-Android-5-Lollipop-experiences-and-problems/td-p/2105226/page/5

I've only quickly flicked through the linked thread, but I think they may have suspended the update to fix some bugs.

Edit: yep, that's what's happened. If you're feeling brave, you could install it yourself (http://support.lenovo.com/ie/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-tablet-2-1050/downloads/DS102874), but I think I'll wait and see what they do in terms of bug fixes on the OTA update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Stupidly put my home address on the order and of course I'm at work. **** at lenovo won't change the address or let me pick it up at the warehouse. Being sent back for a full refund.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Stupidly put my home address on the order and of course I'm at work. **** at lenovo won't change the address or let me pick it up at the warehouse. Being sent back for a full refund.

That's weird. Can't you just contact ups?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭pah

pah wrote: »
    It took 4 working days for my Chromebook to be shipped last December. Relax people.

Just delivered now - ordered on 22.06.15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Seems odd that you can't pick it up? That doesn't make sense at all?

That's an awful scald, very unreasonable of them.

• Advertisement

AstraMonti wrote: »
    That's weird. Can't you just contact ups?

Did, but they said change of address is blocked by the supplying company and to contact them. Lenovo said tough ****, can't make any changes.

Really annoying.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Did, but they said change of address is blocked by the supplying company and to contact them. Lenovo said tough ****, can't make any changes.

Really annoying.

They make more than one delivery attempt.

https://www.ups.com/content/ie/en/resources/service/infonotice.html

woooosaaaaaaa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

I received my order confirmation on 23rd June and I've heard nothing since. Tracking still says Order in Process.

Anybody in a similar position?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ben36

Just received mine,ordered last tuesday morning,cheers op

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

turniphead wrote: »
    I received my order confirmation on 23rd June and I've heard nothing since. Tracking still says Order in Process.

Ordered on the 23rd, got the shipping email 4am today saying 3-6 days, no tracking number. Worried now they'll deliver at home when nobody's in.

They make more than one delivery attempt.

https://www.ups.com/content/ie/en/resources/service/infonotice.html

woooosaaaaaaa :)

Yep, unfortunately I've to work all week :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Arrived today, HURRAHHHHH! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

turniphead wrote: »

I'm the same. It looks like people who ordered on the 22nd are getting them today, so I am hoping that at some point in the next 24 hours I will get shipping confirmation and then receive delivery tomorrow as others appear to be experiencing.

Fingers crossed

Yep, unfortunately I've to work all week :(

Could you give notice to the courier to drop it to a neighbour?

Could you give notice to the courier to drop it to a neighbour?

Unfortunately no contact from any of their couriers.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Unfortunately no contact from any of their couriers.

That is really disappointing. Did I see someone say it was UPS? I've never had any dealings with them before but still, very disappointing. I can't see why they'd be so awkward about a delivery. Or even allowing you to collect.

funkyjebus wrote: »
    I'm the same. It looks like people who ordered on the 22nd are getting them today, so I am hoping that at some point in the next 24 hours I will get shipping confirmation and then receive delivery tomorrow as others appear to be experiencing.

Fingers crossed

I ordered on the 22nd too but I've heard nothing. Hopefully tomorrow.

Those who received your tablet does it still say Order in Process on the tracking?

Is it possible to contact UPS to see if they have the package? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

That is really disappointing. Did I see someone say it was UPS? I've never had any dealings with them before but still, very disappointing. I can't see why they'd be so awkward about a delivery. Or even allowing you to collect.

Without a valid tracking number, which I don't think anyone has, wouldn't imagine can do much

MOH wrote: »
    Without a valid tracking number, which I don't think anyone has, wouldn't imagine can do much

Ohhhh sorry, of course. Sorry was only skim reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ben36

So my one seems to be stuck when selecting language and time zone on start up ,it lets me choose them from the drop down menu but can't go forward from that,home screen buttons just vibrate when pressing them
    Is there something stupid I'm not doing or is there a fix for this,tried googling but found not solution.also realised it came with no instructions so probably just reboxed it after someone else had this problem

They say security reasons, but there's no flexibility from them. Quite annoying.

My fault for selecting my home address. I thought they would Atleast ring me when delivering, I'm only 10 minutes from my house. Could easily shoot up if I knew what time they would be there.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

They say security reasons, but there's no flexibility from them. Quite annoying.

My fault for selecting my home address. I thought they would Atleast ring me when delivering, I'm only 10 minutes from my house. Could easily shoot up if I knew what time they would be there.

They're obliged to call back again. Don't suppose you could contact them and ask them to deliver it to a nearby Garda station? That way you bring ID and proof of address to collect it. Just a thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

ben36 wrote: »
    So my one seems to be stuck when selecting language and time zone on start up ,it lets me choose them from the drop down menu but can't go forward from that,home screen buttons just vibrate when pressing them
    Is there something stupid I'm not doing or is there a fix for this,tried googling but found not solution.also realised it came with no instructions so probably just reboxed it after someone else had this problem
    There is a very small arrow bottom right to proceed to the next screen.

Got mine today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got a case from Amazon.co.uk
    £10.95 + Parcel MOtel - Fullfilled by Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OU8USOG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

IVSO Lenovo YOGA 2 10.1-Inch Flip Case - Slim Folio Book Case Cover for Lenovo YOGA 2 10.1-Inch Tablet

Fantastic looking case for your precious Lenovo YOGA Tablet 2 10.1-inch tablet. There are plenty of cases out there but this is built to last with style. Made of premium PU leather, this flip case will wear well and maintain the look of your device. Design allows for full access to touch screen, side buttons, charging & headset ports and camera. Well built to protect your Lenovo YOGA Tablet 2 10.1-inch tablet for the years to come.

• Advertisement

for the years to come.

Or until it gets replaced by a new shiny from bargain alerts!

Mine was delivered today at about noon. I won't get to play with it until tomorrow night, though.:mad:

Advertisement