Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Elephone p7000 $159 on preorder

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I've signed up 3 times twice on Saturday about half hour after it went live, the site crashed straight after the clocked ticked too zero and once yesterday no email from them for confirmation. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

A lot of the emails are ending up in spam/junk folders.

T-Bird wrote: »
    A lot of the emails are ending up in spam/junk folders.

I'm in. :D

Forgot about junk, only one found. The first one I used buying through elephone site, GB and pandawill gave me nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

This was on one of the "agents" websites

Pre-order $229.99 is the normal price, for $159.99 Special event in 10th May,
    it is just limited quantity 20pcs, good luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

It seems to me that selling below cost could be a way of establishing yourself in the smartphone market without the budget of Apple / Samsung / LG etc. for marketing. Wait until we see the cost of the One Plus Two...

Its possible but this is not their first phone. They are an established brand already, albeit in Asia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

have my name in for one, lets see what happens may 11

• Registered Users Posts: 64,734 ✭✭✭✭unkel

it is just limited quantity 20pcs

Where did you see that?

If have no intention at all to pay $230 for this phone (plus VAT and import duty), but for $160 (plus VAT but no import duty) it's a steal

unkel wrote: »
    Where did you see that?

If have no intention at all to pay $230 for this phone (plus VAT and import duty), but for $160 (plus VAT but no import duty) it's a steal

Given that "62884 people reserved already" .. you (and I) will be doing well to get one. I'd imagine some of the retailers have been given a quota - IE 20. And like I posted, I think its paying up front for the phone at $220 and if lucky you get the discount code.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,734 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You imagine and think a good bit there :p

You might very well be right. I for one would not pay $230 up front for this phone (and the rest!!!) and hope to be lucky...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Where did you see that?

Green save I think ! I stopped right there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Anyone tell me what the story is with this phone? On the website the ticker has the countdown ended in a couple of days. Is it available at the introductory price on the first day of sale for the 159.99? I didn't fill out a reservation thing does that mean I can't buy one one the sale day?

It says I can pre-register till the 8th but I can't see the link to fill out the form. Am I missing something stupid or does it mean before the 8th and I am too late?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

This sale is on today it seems... did anyone get an ELE code or whats the story with this? I got an email telling me to order and then tell customer service who will reduce the phone to $159

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Tinie wrote: »
    This sale is on today it seems... did anyone get an ELE code or whats the story with this? I got an email telling me to order and then tell customer service who will reduce the phone to $159

Order IF you get an ELE code. Otherwise they won't reduce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

I didn't get an ELE code in the first email i got from them and I got this from them today...

"Dear customer:
    Thanks for your support and concern on our products. You have a reservation for ELEPHONE P7000 Limited flash sale event, which begins at 5 p.m (UTC+8) on May 11th 2015. This activity has over 1600000 customers participated. Please open the activity page before 5p.m on May 11th 2015 and wait for it to start in order to get more chances to get ELE code.

Activity starts at: 5p.m May 11th 2015 (UTC+8)
    Address: http://www.elephone.hk

Same as .. on the elephone page its counting down to "snapup" time. Gonna try click that and see how far I get in trying for the lower price ..
    signostic wrote: »
    I didn't get an ELE code in the first email i got from them and I got this from them today...

"Dear customer:
    Thanks for your support and concern on our products. You have a reservation for ELEPHONE P7000 Limited flash sale event, which begins at 5 p.m (UTC+8) on May 11th 2015. This activity has over 1600000 customers participated. Please open the activity page before 5p.m on May 11th 2015 and wait for it to start in order to get more chances to get ELE code.

"Dear customer:

Same, I got no code either and cant see one on the website.

Waiting patiently ...

"
    System Queueing

There are too many people at the moment, please wait patiently..."

Still tempted to buy it even at the normal price if I don't get the lower

GBX wrote: »
    Waiting patiently ...

"
    System Queueing

From my reading of the pre sale stuff. It will be sold at the lower price one day a week for the next few. That could be wrong as their website for this phone promotion is very confusing overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daz76

Anyone manage to get past the queuing part!!!!😴

• Advertisement

daz76 wrote: »
    Anyone manage to get past the queuing part!!!!😴

Not yet .. none of us might at all. 160000 people are in that queue - maybe (hopefully) less if some people have got their timing wrong! :D

From a previous poster....

The phone costs less than €150 shipped which means no import duty is owed on it :)

VAT is payable though @23% plus there might be an admin charge (I was charged €6 iirc the one and only time I got stung importing a tablet from china)

So worst case scenario this phone costs €187 landed. Less than half of what the oneplus one costs landed...
    Waiting patiently ...

"
    System Queueing

From my reading of the pre sale stuff. It will be sold at the lower price one day a week for the next few. That could be wrong as their website for this phone promotion is very confusing overall.

Elephone P7000 Limited flash sale without reservation, limited P7000 will be sold at 159.99 USD on every Wednesday
    http://www.elephone.hk/MerchantSnapActivity.html

Elephone P7000 Limited flash sale without reservation, limited P7000 will be sold at 159.99 USD on every Wednesday

I imagine that limited stock will be gone within seconds every wednesday however.

Tinie wrote: »
    I imagine that limited stock will be gone within seconds every wednesday however.

Possibly .. but even if we don't get it today, I will take a chance on Wednesday.

Possibly .. but even if we don't get it today, I will take a chance on Wednesday.

new countdown has begun..

new countdown has begun..

Oh well. Will try again then. Im in no hurry for a new phone so not upset I didn't get an order in yet.

Running CM12.1

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

not as snappy as I was expecting for an octacore phone with 3g ram. Any other hands on reviews around?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

skeg16 wrote: »
    not as snappy as I was expecting for an octacore phone with 3g ram. Any other hands on reviews around?

People here didn't need reviews

Advertisement