Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

are the gamestop black friday sales any good?

Options
  • 15-10-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Heard about this black friday thing in gamestop earlier tonight and apparently its been running for two years, I was wondering what kind of deals there are and are they just a marketing ploy or is there good value to be had when there on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Hopefully steam will have a sale :)

I need to add to the 200 or so games I have yet to start playing =/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not really. Their in store sales are always pretty poor and often still more expensive than the normal HMV prices. Online they can have some good flash deals though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I heard the idea of Black Friday being uttered last year, but didn't take much heed of it. Is is this friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If it's the website then they do have some good deals but also a lot of ****e. Last year they had games like Uncharted 3, Battlefield and fifa at half price I think. But they also threw up a load of ****e like some disney game and the sims if I remember right.

So ya, it's decent. I'll be keeping an eye on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Steam is where its at for black friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

VinLieger wrote: »
    Steam is where its at for black friday

If you have a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

trev179 wrote: »
    Heard about this black friday thing in gamestop earlier tonight and apparently its been running for two years, I was wondering what kind of deals there are and are they just a marketing ploy or is there good value to be had when there on?

Be warned, stuff sells out ridiculously fast when its a good deal. Pretty sure I remember Uncharted selling out in under 10 minutes.

For black friday, keep on the twitter and the facebook and you'll be able to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

deathrider wrote: »
    I heard the idea of Black Friday being uttered last year, but didn't take much heed of it. Is is this friday?

Friday the 23rd of november AFAIK will try and find out

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's the 5th of November - the day after Thanksgiving in the States.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It's the 5th of November - the day after Thanksgiving in the States.

November 5th is a Monday

as mentioned above it's the 23rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Remember remember the 5th of November...

...Vixens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Deadly stuff. I'll have a good mooch for games that day, while singing this:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

The last thursday in november is thanksgiving day black friday is the next day, when people traditionally start to get their shopping done for xmas. Amazon have good sales too

Advertisement