Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pointless Nature of the Ronan Collins "Hour".

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

You didn't miss much.

Nice lady and all but don't understand why she would be chosen as a stand in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

You didn't miss much.

Nice lady and all but don't understand why she would be chosen as a stand in.

Great music choice as you would expect from her.

Presentation skills were poor at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Nicky Byrne and now her. Quick, we need to figure out her connection/relation/friend in RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yvonne23R

Ah, no! I imagine Imelda May is on air because she's a huge draw in her own right. She's gas to listen to when she's being interviewed. As well as being a fine singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I've nothing against the girl, but she is most certainly a strange choice as a fill-in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

I've nothing against the girl, but she is most certainly a strange choice as a fill-in.

Uuuuuhm

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yvonne23R

I don't understand.

What a great show today.

Where else could you hear Waterloo Sunset followed by Wouldn't it be nice.

Sunny day, great music, heaven!

What a great show today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

What a great show today.

Heard you the first time Ro .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

On your own MP3 player, i-phone, CD player, You Tube............

• Registered Users Posts: 71,528 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Cathal Murray sitting in for Ronan for three weeks :eek: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,950 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

What's the odds on Acker Bilk getting a spin tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 radioman1

It beat's all the manufactured Crap music or what they call music today great show give him another HOUR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

radioman1 wrote: »
    It beat's all the manufactured Crap music or what they call music today great show give him another HOUR

Each to their own but if you want a general music show, John Creedon is miles better IMVHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Collins must be taking lessons off joe Duffy, commerating all the musicians who died 30/20 years today in a plane crash etc. , happy 2015 from RTE , more retrospective crap because we have no creative imagination to look forward to the future .

Ronan if you're reading this, don't bother playing 30 seconds of a song if you know you're not going to have time to play it all :rolleyes:

Talk less in between songs :)

Regards
    Your friendly neighbourhood Welsh Megaman

When is Ronan Collins going to be retired from the midday slot?

I'm loving Fiachna O Braonáin this week, playing some really interesting music, some fantastic Irish singer-songwriters and the kind of chilled-out, lazy lunchtime music you'd usually associate with Creedon. I'd love to see Fiachna keep this slot when Collins retires, he's a gentleman, and has fantastic musical taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

I'm loving Fiachna O Braonáin this week, playing some really interesting music, some fantastic Irish singer-songwriters and the kind of chilled-out, lazy lunchtime music you'd usually associate with Creedon. I'd love to see Fiachna keep this slot when Collins retires, he's a gentleman, and has fantastic musical taste.

Maybe, but he might have to get a simpler email address! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

I'd say when collins retires more talk will be the replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Wiseman Drinkwater

They should give Creedon a longer slot during the day, preferably on a 2FM that isn't trying to compete with the locals in the inane chatter and chart music market. Replace the Collins slot with more current affairs.

• Site Banned Posts: 55 ✭✭Billy The Shiite Bag

John Creedon makes sense at night but I don't get the reasoning for the Ronan Collins show. I can't stand the scandalously overpaid arsehole either but that's another conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

How do you know he is overpaid ? He has never been in the rte top ten rich list afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

They should give Creedon a longer slot during the day, preferably on a 2FM that isn't trying to compete with the locals in the inane chatter and chart music market. Replace the Collins slot with more current affairs.

'More' current affairs? No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

John Creedon makes sense at night but I don't get the reasoning for the Ronan Collins show. I can't stand the scandalously overpaid arsehole either but that's another conversation.

Keyboard warrior alert.

Brian Scan wrote: »

Keyboard warrior alert.

Good one.

Brian Scan wrote: »

Keyboard warrior alert.

Good one.

He'd be grand if he didn't have that voice.

Far too much gutteral stuff going on there for my liking!

Cathal Murray would fit the bill.

Good of Ronan to mark the passing of Bill Withers.

It may probably come as surprising news to the very-much-alive Bill Withers :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

While Ronan Collins does reach retirement age in October, unlike Alf and Brendan Balfe, I can't see RTE getting rid of him, like him or not his show is synonymous with the only music on radio one between 7am and 7 pm. It'll be a while yet before Cathal or Creedon get a look in.

Advertisement