Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any possible problem with double 'death grants'?

• 10-09-2014 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm a member of 2 credit unions, both would pay a figure in the region of E1400 when I die. They told me that there is no problem in both being paid but I learned in Business at school that you can't be double insured? . I'm not ill, not planning on dying soon, but I like to have my affairs in order just in case, feedback appreciated.

Thanks
    Sarah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You can't be double insured for the likes of theft or fire insurance but there's no problem stacking up death benefits as much as you like or can afford. The rules are different for insurance and life assurance.

Advertisement