Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moffett Windpower

• 10-07-2012 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭

Does anyone posting on here have a Moffett Wind generator?

My friend has one and has had problems with it, the company hasgone out of existence and he is wondering how you go about getting it repaired, are there similar generators where the spares/service is the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

That's a pity :(

We had a call recently from someone with a Moffett turbine looking for support. Maybe it was the same one? I think they may have used Aurora inverters. If so, I can support that end of things, and maybe other electronics, but not the turbine itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

How many of these units were sold in Ireland? I would imagine quite a few, are there anyone on these boards that has one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ashvalewood

I have a 10kw Moffet wind turbine, and only just discovered that Moffets are no longer in business. I would be interested in making contact with other owners of these turbines, to talk about problems, repairs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

Ashvalewood - what has failed on your turbine? So far I haven't heard of mechanical issues - just electrical. There are generic controllers available that can resolve those issues, but mechanical will have to be DIY...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ideals

I have a twin 10kw Moffet and the yaw motor has failed. Does anyone have a hydraulic cylinder to drop the tower?? I think we can DIY the repairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 redmac09

Hi folks,

i have a moffet 10kw. Currently have a spare yaw motor and hydraulic rams to take it down for repairs and maintenance.

Currently dealing with an issue on the controller in the head.

Advertisement