Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World Championship 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Ding saved the session by winning the last two frames so he trails 6-2.
    McGill & Murphy tied at 4-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Not a fan of Trump but that was impressive this morning. If Trump keeps playing like that then he will win, but i don't think he will keep it up and Ding will improve tonight for sure. Would love to see it go down to the wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Not a fan of Trump but that was impressive this morning. If Trump keeps playing like that then he will win, but i don't think he will keep it up and Ding will improve tonight for sure. Would love to see it go down to the wire.

I dunno about Ding, he seems to have a hard time recovering from a bad session. He's not as bad as he was but he does still let his emotions get to him whereas Trump doesn't seem to let a bad frame/session faze him too much. Still hoping Ding can get it together though...

GerB40 wrote: »
    I dunno about Ding, he seems to have a hard time recovering from a bad session. He's not as bad as he was but he does still let his emotions get to him whereas Trump doesn't seem to let a bad frame/session faze him too much. Still hoping Ding can get it together though...

I think the first two games and winning the last two frames this morning showed he is well able to recover from bad sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

leduke wrote: »
    is john virgo ill? just saw him on the bbc and he looked a bit dodgy.
    Glenman wrote: »
    I noticed that as well yesterday evening. His commentary does not seem to be affected but it looks to me that he could have a touch of parkinson's but I don't want to speculate.

well he is getting on a bit now, must be pushing 70

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

fryup wrote: »
    well he is getting on a bit now, must be pushing 70

Seen him in Kildare a few months back and he looked unwell. He looked like he has Parkinson's disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Awesome play at the moment from trump, I've been a critic of his in the past as his shot selection really let him down but hes matured in the past 12 months.
    Mc gill doing great as well he's one for the future.
    The standard is great this year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

There was little Snooker last night now there are two good games at the same time, pity one of these games wasn't on last night.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That could be costly for Ding

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

As soon as he missed it was practically frame over with the form Judd is in.

• Advertisement

This match is over. Ding will be doing well to get to five frames

It's not over yet!

It's not over yet!

Ding doesn't have the game to beat Trump, simple! There is only one way Ding is going to win, and that's if Trump takes his foot off the gas and starts taking on wreckless shots!

Everything is going Trump's way, poor oul Ding can't get a break at all.

GeneralC wrote: »
    Ding doesn't have the game to beat Trump, simple! There is only one way Ding is going to win, and that's if Trump takes his foot off the gas and starts taking on wreckless shots!

Ye just looking at the below i see what you mean about Ding not having the game to beat him.

Ding 6-5 up on head to heads
    17-12 up on ranking tournaments
    Ding three place ahead in rankings
    Vastly better amateur record

The fact is Trump is on fire and when he makes a mistake he is getting away with it most of the time. Ding is getting a horrible run of the ball and his confidence is shook.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Ye just looking at the below i see what you mean about Ding not having the game to beat him.

Ding 6-5 up on head to heads
    17-12 up on ranking tournaments
    Ding three place ahead in rankings
    Vastly better amateur record

The fact is Trump is on fire and when he makes a mistake he is getting away with it most of the time. Ding is getting a horrible run of the ball and his confidence is shook.

Ding is missing one vital element, a mental game. Which is far more important than any stats there pal.

Trump should clear up here and that will be enough, I missed the first session, but I think Ding hasn't played that badly this evening, it's just Trump is in form and he had a bit of luck too, if Ding had got it to 9-5 he would have had a chance to make a comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Surprised with the one-sided scoreline between Ding and Trump.

Murphy v McGill is incredibly competitive by comparison.

Murphy's pulling away, McGill needs the last frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

max coming up...sometime tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

Who's your money on for the tournament now folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Ronnie for the time being anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Shaun Murphy. I think he can do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Passenger wrote: »
    Ronnie for the time being anyway.

Ronnie said he doesn't mind not getting to Sunday because if he doesn't he can stay up and watch the fight Saturday night. Ha

Judd in the form he is now would take a bit of stopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Roberson for me to win it.
    think he'll have too much for anyone over the long session

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah if Trump retains this form I can see him taking the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Didn't get to see what Ronnie did with the chalk. There was no coverage at all on the red button of his match yesterday, but there were plenty of repeats, celeb jibber jabber etc. :rolleyes: (I just record the red button all day on Freesat and catch up when I get home)

Usually they use the time when that table's not in play to show you as much as they can of the play from earlier on the other table.

Seems Ronnie has at least one bizarre incident in every match now, his head isn't right and will be interesting to see if Bingham can extend his lead today. I don't see O'Sullivan winning the tournament at this rate.

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Can't see Ronnie winning it either, he's looked at odds with himself during his matches & he hasn't been like that in years. Trump or Robertson for me

I never took to Trump but if he plays like he did against Ding i can't see anybody stopping him.

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    Can't see Ronnie winning it either, he's looked at odds with himself during his matches & he hasn't been like that in years. Trump or Robertson for me

I think if Ronnie gets through he will love playing Trump. He will have to up his game but he will playing a fast attacking opponent like himself.

If Trump wins it could give him the confidence to go on and dominate.

Advertisement