Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I can pick up a couple of extra tickets for the country folk if they want. But I agree with Diabhal people with low post counts kinda would make me nervous about doing it. I know its only a fiver but it would be a fiver out of my pocket type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I can pick up a couple of extra tickets for the country folk if they want. But I agree with Diabhal people with low post counts kinda would make me nervous about doing it. I know its only a fiver but it would be a fiver out of my pocket type thing.

There's a good idea now, if a few Dubs want to volunteer like Reganio then those outside the Pale could arrange something with them. Fair play Reganio! Completely up to yourselves though, no pressure on anyone I can see why people may be hesitant.

I feel your pain esprimo, trust me. But I only have 250 tickets to spread evenly so have to come up with some way to please everyone. There's also Tallaght as a Plan B if all else fails, so don't worry there's still loads of options and your time off won't go to waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Leggo, what time are they on sale and how many per person?
    Ill be in early to get 2 so can possibly pick up a few for others too, if they are clearly genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

due to the fact that myself and a few of the kilkenny homies cant make the trip to dublin,
    we'll be having our own mini one in a local pub here.

we should set up a web link.
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Are you guys doing the fancy dress thing? I can't think of who to go as. :o

• Advertisement

ayatollah wrote: »
    due to the fact that myself and a few of the kilkenny homies cant make the trip to dublin,
    we'll be having our own mini one in a local pub here.

we should set up a web link.
    :P

Stream that **** man, we'll set up a live satellite link in Captain's :p.

Going down tomorrow so I'll confirm opening times for Friday then. IIRC it's 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

CMpunked wrote: »
    Are you guys doing the fancy dress thing? I can't think of who to go as. :o

Now hold on a second playa'
    Just get yourself a badly fitted, cheap suit in some gaudy colour and a tub of brown make-up and your Teddy Long.
    You could even do the walk... Hold something in one hand (mic) and swing the other arm wildly while walking.
    For added reality end every conversation (wrestling and non wrestling) by announcing a tag team match.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm really happy to see this thread/event getting so much attention. I hope everyone here can sort a ticket somehow, i imagine it'll be a fun madhouse come Mania night. i.e. the opposite of Mick Foley's gig :pac: leggo > Foley

I just noticed ZR retweeted a link to the event. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Holy shit, how I missed this thread I'll never know :eek:
    Actually, the only reason I came on here was to ask if anyone knew of a WrestleMania meet up going on down here in Cork. Was overjoyed when I saw a meet up being arranged here on boards. :pac: T'was short lived tho at the realization the tickets can only be bought in CA on Grafton Street. :(

To think, I was just getting ready to break out my Bam Bam Bigalo costume and all... Well fuck all yawl. I'm having my own Wrestlemania party, with blackjack, and hookers :mad:

Seriously tho, best of luck to whoever gets tickets. Sounds like its gonna be an epic night!!;)

• Advertisement

Dercola wrote: »
    Holy shit, how I missed this thread I'll never know :eek:
    Actually, the only reason I came on here was to ask if anyone knew of a WrestleMania meet up going on down here in Cork. Was overjoyed when I saw a meet up being arranged here on boards. :pac: T'was short lived tho at the realization the tickets can only be bought in CA on Grafton Street. :(

To think, I was just getting ready to break out my Bam Bam Bigalo costume and all... Well fuck all yawl. I'm having my own Wrestlemania party, with blackjack, and hookers :mad:

Seriously tho, best of luck to whoever gets tickets. Sounds like its gonna be an epic night!!;)

Sure c'mon up to us! Bring the blackjack and h∞kers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

The only downside to this is the Wrestlemania chat thread is gonna be boring as fu*k if most people are at Captain Americas!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That thread won't survive without the annual "Diabhal throwing a tantrum during the Taker almost loses but doesn't match".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

That thread won't survive without the annual "Diabhal throwing a tantrum during the Taker almost loses but doesn't match".

We'll see it live when you're crying into your pint of red lemonade.

I wonder will we all instinctively know each other there without saying anything to each other.
    Like the guy booing when Miz comes out will obviously be walter, me and D2D will be on the pepsi, liz (if shes coming) may be the only woman in the place. etc.

There's actually been a few women saying they're going so far.

I mean, uh, I haven't been creeping in the Facebook event...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Flojo is a girl.

I'm pretty sure Chinholio is as well.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

theres a facebook event?
    howd i miss that?

any other members from kk looking to watch it?

its not for me to say its cool yet as were only arranging sh1t now but i wouldnt see it being a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Flojo is a girl.

I'm pretty sure Chinholio is as well.

:pac:
    annoyed-im-watching-u.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Really looking forward to this, heading with a few mates but don't think they'll be dressing up... Have to be there early so most likely be getting quite drunk!

Unfortunately, i'm the only one doing silly shiftwork hours and not 9-5 so have to get all 6 tix... Guarantee they wont pay up either!!

I'll just be throwin on my dx shirt and blue jeans, might try grow a goatee find a bandana!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Might have to buy a D.Bryan T-shirt and drunkenly shout YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! whenever he hits any offensive move!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I wanna go buy a wrestling shirt. Any places in Dublin or even online that I can get one cheap enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

(If it's still in business?) then Wrestling Mania on the top level of the Stephens Green centre would be a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Yeah definitely wrestling mania! Can't say enough nice things about that place (which is a change as Naill et al have had a rough time of it on boards for some reason)

I'd head in soon enough if you can - I'd say they will run out of the most popular shirts fairly soon! Probably won't be restocked until before the show in the point!

you can ask him for a specific shirt if you have that wonderful magical invention that is the book of face!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/WRESTLING-MANIA/128137870536848

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've bought a couple of t-shirts from WWE.com in recent months so I'll be wearing one of those. Probably my Layeth the Smacketh Down one, although they sold a pretty sweet looking retro British Bulldog one which does tempt me.

Gonna wear a Galway jersey just to make it painfully obvious who I am

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Gonna wear a Galway jersey just to make it painfully obvious who I am

You could wear a name tag :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Would love to go but pending unemployment makes it a trip I cant make Enjoy all :)

Beefy78 wrote: »
    You could wear a name tag :)

Nowhere near as boggery as wearing a jersey to convey your birth-place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Nowhere near as boggery as wearing a jersey to convey your birth-place.

wear a name tag and your jersey :pac:

Advertisement