Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

• 02-11-2009 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Anyone here trying it? Its quite new and still being updated. Anyone need a lift to Bangui in Equatorial Guinea? Its not an accurate simulation by any means.

Its an interesting enough diversion. Choose routes based on demand and fleet range. Make money,buy more aircraft, make sure to buy fuel when its low ($400-600) No restriction on where you fly from/to. Airports fee are based on aircraft size. You pay for route startup, advertiseing ,staff salary,fuel. Profits mean more cash to buy more aircraft.

However its seems that the Airbus aircraft are a lot dearer than Boeing. A320 is $6.7M versus B738 at $4.4M. Wanted an all A320/A321 fleet, economics mean its mixed Boeing/Airbus.

Long distance flights seem to be the money spinner so its B737-700ER for me. B739ER is far too dear, they updated aircraft prices 2 days ago, luckily I managed to pick up 2 before they jumped in price from $5M to $9M.

Will take a while before I get any widebodies, they are a huge jump in cost. B763 is $23M, A333 is $43M, A359 is $70M, B788 is $19M, B748 is $121M, A388 is $215M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Link us up please!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭great

http://apps.facebook.com/airline_manager/index.php

I have a fleet of:

4 ERJ 190's
    1 Boeing 757-200
    1 Boeing 757-300
    1 Boeing 767-200
    and a airline value of 5.7mil...

this game is too addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Dam work block on facebook :( I love little games like this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

just started an airline and im enjoying the game good find :)

i own Air Mallow haha

Im going selling my 738 for 2 731's.

i also have 3 ATR;s

Im flying from dublin to: london, Paris, Glasgow & manchester

• Advertisement

i own Air Mallow haha

Im going selling my 738 for 2 731's.

i also have 3 ATR;s

Im flying from dublin to: london, Paris, Glasgow & manchester

damn i have competition lol im doing the man,glasgow and london routes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

andy_g wrote: »
    Whats your airline?

I started small like that too. Thought to copy the traditional routes out of DUB. Have since realised that you need to match routes to maximise profit. That B738 you start with has a range of 7000KM....use the range.

DUB-PHL will make you 300K per trip. DUB-LON will make you 25-30K per trip. I have B737-700s doing DUB-PHL, DUB- Abu Dhabi, PHL- Vancover, Abu Dhabi-Bejing. As well as E190s doing Moscow-DUB, DUB-Nicosia, DUB-Tripoli.

I think the B737-700 is a great a/c. Over 6000KM range with 149 pax for $4M.

To be honest I cheated and bought 'cash' about 3 days ago. Used it to buy 5 B737-700s. Have been making big profits since then on these routes,aircraft constantly flying. With this have bought 3 new A321 since then. (Have been online for about 3 days due to off work an at home,am sure profits will fall after tommorrow when back to work)

You start with a B738, it has 7000KM range...use that range. Go further for more profits. I expanded with E190s, the 400KM+ plus range lets you choose some strange routes.

I started with the 'traditional' routes and was SLOWLY making profits. Now I have a B737-700 doing DUB-PHL, DUB-Abu Dhabi, DUB-Moscow, PHL-Dallas. DUB-PHL makes me 300K in profit, compared to 25-30K for DUB-LON.

Look at the highest demand routes in the 'Find Routes' tab. Thats how I started DUB-Milan, DUB-Cyprus, DUB-Tripoli, DUB-Lagos. If possible try to fly between them, hence my Abu Dhabi-Bejing route with a A321, just 50KM under max range!!

i sold the 738(i didnt know about the above at the time)

i have 2 737 -100 doing the Amsterdam and London Route
    atr 72 doing the glasgow
    and 3 atr42's doing Paris, Manchester and Berlin.

Im gonna have to save and get sumthing long haul!!!

Dammit!

Double posted, thought I had lost the first post in an internet hole.

Selling the B738 to get 2 B731 isn't a bad move. You could serve Manchester AND London with the B731s rather than just London with the B738. Looking at the prices you could do better with more older aircraft than current models. I don't think they have factored in the maintainance of older aircraft. Was very tempted myself, to get a B727 as the price/capacity/range was very good.

Don't be afraid to stop a route. I have dropped 5 so far as the demand had dropped into the low 70s/high 60s. I paid the fee then assiged the aircraft back to a 95%+ route. Am currently watching Dublin-Paris with an E190, demand is dropping,currently at 77%, may have to end it too. Demand on a route is determined by the number of online 'airlines' operating it. Hence the strange names at the top of the list!

Also keep an eye on the fuel price. Buy at $400-600 even if you don't need fuel,the price is the deciding factor, even $800 is OK. The reason I had to buy 'cash' was that I almost ran out of fuel when as it climbed from $1200 to $2300 per lb!!!!!!!!!!

The widebody aircraft are very expensive. One mate has a B787 already(Eireplane Airlines), another has 3-4 Airbii (Tallafornia Airlines). Am thinking to save for 4 days to get an A342 or B767. Saving is boring though. Not sure whether to buy another 2-3 B737s then start saving for widebodies!

• Advertisement

i ended up restarting :( sold my 737 and have 6 atrs now doing same routes i said earlier and one to vagar not doing to badly now so im happy airline name. dont kill me on this lads the airline is XL Airways haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

So whats everybody's Airline names?

Mine is "The Business" Simply we deliver!:pac:

Currently have the 737-800 "AM-AC" doing Dublin-Amsterdam.
    2 ATR72's, 1 "EI-DDY" doing London-Manchester, and the other "EI-DMG" doing Dublin-London.

Dublin is my Hub, How do you sell Aircraft?

Class little game.

good name styer will be good to more guys using dublin as a hub although hopefully with more of us using dub and lhr the demand wont start to drop off :P

And as with all things to do with the cyberweb there are those tools who think they are great. The current largest airline (CoSo Airlines) has 459 A380-800 in their fleet, Airline Manager Airlines has 703 A388, then there is Boeing773 Airlines who have a 99.99% A380 fleet. Can't see how they slowly worked there way up to that amount in such a short space of time.

Not sure how long AM has been running but think its less than 3 months.

id say they have spent weeks on it haha. have to say though Dacian great find thank you :)

id say they have spent weeks on it haha. have to say though Dacian great find thank you :)
    Never noticed it until a mate/work colleague on Facebook had an update last week that mentioned he had added a B787 to his fleet. I was away for work for a couple of days so dived into it!

Best update I've had on FB.

To (nearly) quote Zombieland: "Paul Scott is pysched about the weekend"

just a heads up lads in the last 3hrs fuel prices have sky rocketed its now at.

Current fuel price: $1,000 per 1,000 lbs

thats $100 every hour so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

is this a zynga game?

is this a zynga game?

??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Hey Just Joined it looks good, But someone Already has the name i want and it was so unique :mad:

• Advertisement

hey shane definately game on it its is class really enjoying it for some bezarre reason lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tower Ranger

Do some of you want to get together to invest in each others airlines - assuming they're viable!
    This will help all us newbies along.
    What does anyone think?
    Separate thread?

Do some of you want to get together to invest in each others airlines - assuming they're viable!
    This will help all us newbies along.
    What does anyone think?
    Separate thread?

Sounds a bit Anglo Irish doesn't it? Lets all invest in each other to raise out share price!!!

Just add your airline to this list.

Invest in:
    Air Mallow Airlines
    XL Airways Airlines
    TheBusiness Airlines

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tangowhiskey

Started this game today on the Dublin-Doha route. My airline is: Fares4All Airlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭tsamba

hey guys u can trow a few quid my way! :)

Invest in:
    Air Mallow Airlines
    XL Airways Airlines
    TheBusiness Airlines
    aer aran

tsamba wrote: »
    hey guys u can trow a few quid my way! :)

Invest in:
    Air Mallow Airlines
    XL Airways Airlines
    TheBusiness Airlines
    aer aran
    add Juliet Charlie Airways to that.
    Its is VERY Anglo !!!!
    I've purchased 100 shares in each of the above - that i was let

Invest in:
    Air Mallow Airlines
    XL Airways Airlines
    TheBusiness Airlines
    aer aran
    Juliet Charlie Airways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Im making damn all money, in fact im in the red, wish i was MO'L.:D

Steyr wrote: »
    Im making damn all money, in fact im in the red, wish i was MO'L.:D

just restart and try high demand routes with smaller ac seems to work when fb doesnt get tempermental on me

Steyr, i wish you were mol, i'm a shareholder now. GET WORKING:)
    or i'll call an EGM!
    Juliet Charlie airways needs your money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Just stated mine there too, Manits airlines :D
    Not sure what im doing really, The application seems to be a bit temperamental. Anyone else having these issues?

Advertisement