Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to the Motor Industry, what do I do? DT007?

• 24-02-2015 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I'm 19 and really want to get into the motor industry.

No experience really apart from fiddling with my own car installing little mods here and there, but I did fairly well in my LC.

Anyone doing or finished the DT007 course Automotive Management and Technology recently? how much practical stuff do you learn?

Any other motor courses worth looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭thedarksh1te

farzm7 wrote: »
    Hi I'm 19 and really want to get into the motor industry.

No experience really apart from fiddling with my own car installing little mods here and there, but I did fairly well in my LC.

Anyone doing or finished the DT007 course Automotive Management and Technology recently? how much practical stuff do you learn?

Any other motor courses worth looking at?

If you want to be a mechanic do an apprenticeship, if you want to be a salesman apply for a job in a motorgroup. If you want to waste time for three years of your life and then become a salesman or mechanic anyway then do DT007.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭kirving

If you want to work as an engineer in the automotive industry, DT006 Mechanical Engineering is a great place to start. Can't count the number of my classmates, including me, who are working in the automotive sector for OEMs

Advertisement