Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Body Shop UK: up to 50% off PLUS 40% off the rest

• 22-10-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Thebodyshop.co.uk has a sale with up to 50% off. Yey. But use the code 'EXTRA' in your checkout page, and 40% more comes off.

So e.g. Body butters were £12 are now £3.90.

Obviously if you've purchased in the last sale, you'll know the flash sale is on selected items, but 40% off everything is very good. And you'll find lots of things sold out but keep checking as they often come back in stock over a week or so.

It's the UK site so you'll have to use Parcel Motel. But delivery is free over £20 (then €3.95 for Parcel Motel).

So fill your boots. I'll now have body butters galore til this time next year and beyond.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

A word of caution though. Body Shop tonight has declined my payment & sent an email to say so. So I did it again and the second refusal email came through. I rang my credit card company who told me two payments for the same amount to Body Shop two minutes apart have been approved! So take a chance or not. The bargains will sell out (and come back in most cases) or wait til tomorrow when their website isn't playing silly buggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Just ordered and fecked it up. Always double check your billing address. This isnt the first or the last time, think id have the hang of it!

Recommend the almond butter, makes a great present! Big savings compared to in store prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Thanks Op, that's a few xmas gifts sorted. I posted it to my OH in the UK and paid with PayPal.

Would you please tell me how you got your order through? I had no problem last year, but have the rules changed? I had my Irish billing address, but down as United Kingdom and Postcode 00000 (delivery of course to Parcel Motel). My order wasn't authorized, so then I tried Paypal, delivery to Parcel Motel, the Body shop website saw my billing address as non-UK (and directed me to use my own country's website), and had changed my postcode to 0. No way would it let me change the billing postcode at that point in the payment page from 0 to 00000.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aprilkitten

rosieirl wrote: »
    Would you please tell me how you got your order through? I had no problem last year, but have the rules changed? I had my Irish billing address, but down as United Kingdom and Postcode 00000 (delivery of course to Parcel Motel). My order wasn't authorized, so then I tried Paypal, delivery to Parcel Motel, the Body shop website saw my billing address as non-UK (and directed me to use my own country's website), and had changed my postcode to 0. No way would it let me change the billing postcode at that point in the payment page from 0 to 00000.
    Thanks

There was a problem with their site this afternoon, tried ordering 3 times and didnt go through so I called them in the uk and the problem got sorted. Ive ordered since and it went through

• Advertisement

The discount code EXTRA doesn't work anymore :-(
    So I'm in no rush now. Such a pity as my ordering issue has been going on for 2 days.
    But 40% off is bound to come back, so I'll keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭mac1961

rosieirl wrote: »
    The discount code EXTRA doesn't work anymore :-(
    So I'm in no rush now. Such a pity as my ordering issue has been going on for 2 days.
    But 40% off is bound to come back, so I'll keep you posted.

Same here was trying to order last night but couldn't get past the postcode issue

• Registered Users Posts: 16 catkit

SALE now gives 40% off, have contacted them about the postcode so we'll see what happens... fabulous offer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

My order went through ,

Parcel Motel for Shipping , Used the same address for Billing , and paid through Paypal , if that helps anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

papu wrote: »
    My order went through ,

Parcel Motel for Shipping , Used the same address for Billing , and paid through Paypal , if that helps anyone.

Tried the same yesterday afternoon and it didn't work

• Advertisement

YES!
    Thanks to all for your suggestions, which worked at long last. The code 'SALE' did on fact work to give the extra 40%, and using Parcel Motel as the delivery address, and ticking 'billing address the same as delivery address', and then using PayPal.
    I did however contact Body Shop via 'Live Chat' before I started any of this, and Zeljka told me she's refreshed the system so I should be able to order this time. This may have been key, then everything else may/may not be important after that.
    Thanks again.
    I've filled my boots :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Gah. Anyone know how long it takes for the funds to be back in your account?

papu wrote: »
    My order went through ,

Ah that's where I went wrong, was using my home address for billing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gallmatt

what can you put down for the postcode, im using my parcel motel address?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Just use the Parcel Motel postcode BT36 4PE

My order went through about an hour ago. Used PayPal and ticked billing address same as shipping address. I got 3 x shea butter gift sets . Total was £31.50. In the Irish bodyshop site - just one of these gift sets is retailing at €39.95.
    Great bargain - really helps with Christmas! Thanks!!

Golfwidow wrote: »
    Just use the Parcel Motel postcode BT36 4PE

My order went through about an hour ago. Used PayPal and ticked billing address same as shipping address. I got 3 x shea butter gift sets . Total was £31.50. In the Irish bodyshop site - just one of these gift sets is retailing at €39.95.
    Great bargain - really helps with Christmas! Thanks!!

Did that, pressed pay now and then got a message to say "there has been an issue with your order" unable to complete payment. Checked banking online the amount came out of my account and back on again, so I don't know what i'm doing wrong, or am I just jinxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

'EXTRA' no longer valid!!!

I'm always too late :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Design78

Try using SALE

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Mac1961....at this stage it might be best to email the body shop and hopefully they will honour this sale

Your order definitely hasn't gone through & your shopping basket will be empty. So you need to start again. First Contact the Body Shop and ask them to refresh the system so you can order again. My older 'not orders' were still on my account 'unable to complete'.
    So then do as I said above and fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

emailed body shop got a reply this morning to say "the problems lies in the fact that the body shop does not except foreign cards or accounts, to place your order your card/account has to be open in the UK".

Just wondering the people who used paypal, had they funds in their paypal account or is it linked to bank card like mine is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

mac1961 wrote: »
    emailed body shop got a reply this morning to say "the problems lies in the fact that the body shop does not except foreign cards or accounts, to place your order your card/account has to be open in the UK".

Just wondering the people who used paypal, had they funds in their paypal account or is it linked to bank card like mine is.

Linked to my Irish Visa Account.

I made sure to not enter anything other than the Parcel Motel Shipping address , and added the same shipping address to Paypal.

Got my Goods yesterday!

Maybe try this. Go on 'live chat' on the body shop website and ask the body shop lady to make sure your (failed) order is cancelled from the system and/or to refresh the system so you can order again. This is essentially a 'reboot' so it will delete your last (failed) order information from their system, including the payment data/'billing address'. So then when it's cleared, start again, and use Parcel Motel as delivery address, and click 'billing address same as delivery address'. Then pay by PayPal, making sure to put the Parcel Motel Address as the delivery address. Then click 'order' and it should go through. If there's another issue, ask Body shop to delete their system and start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

looks like the entire website is down.... at least from my office PC and iPhone. i get a "I'm lost" page. cleared my cookies and all that...
    wonder if they're changing something. had a pretty good deal in the basked: 3 wheatgrass hair gels+3shower gels+hand soap for the price of what i usually pay for just the hair gel here in dublin.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

50% off using the code: 38939

Possibly only works on the UK site but you can use Parcel Motel then.

Advertisement