Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Logic test for Post graduate in Data Analytics

• 18-08-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello,

A very simple question.
    I am due to do a logic test for the above course in the the NCI and an wondering what is involved. I have checked out logic tests but they are wide ranging. Is there any more focused logic tests that are associated with data analysis?
    Any help would be grateful.

Ken

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nextleftplease

Ken L wrote: »
    Hello,

A very simple question.
    I am due to do a logic test for the above course in the the NCI and an wondering what is involved. I have checked out logic tests but they are wide ranging. Is there any more focused logic tests that are associated with data analysis?
    Any help would be grateful.

Ken

Hello Ken,

I am due to sit an assessment tomorrow in NCI for the web tech course.
    How did you get on? Could you please explain a little about your logic test?

thx a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nmn0789

Hi ,

I am due to sit an assessment test next week , it would be really great if any one can share your outlook on this .

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nmn0789

Hi ,

I am due to sit an assessment test next week in NCI , it would be really great if any one can share your outlook on this .

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ken L

Hi nmn0789,

Sorry I didn't get back to you. I don't check Boards much these days.
    Hope you got on well and I might see you around the college as I have continued on and am in the middle of the Masters now.

Take care.
    Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Redman89

Hi Guys

I am due to sit the Logic test next week test next week , I would really appreciate it if someone could share any tips or advise on the type of questions to prepare.

Regards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Ongo Goblogian

I have had the misfortune to suffer a few of these "logic" tests at NCI. The first one had me searching the net and doing numerous online tests to get up to speed. Biggest waste of my time ever.

When I presented myself for the test, I was put in a room with a load of non nationals. We were told that when we finish the test we may leave. Given a sheet with twenty questions on it and told not to turn it over until instructed. When instructed to start, turned over the page, literally 60 seconds later I left with everybody looking at me like I had just flipped and left. Definitely got every question correct.

sample of the question types... Paul speaks English, French and German, bill speaks French and German, sue speaks English and Italian. How many people speak French.

A Forrester has 19 trees and cuts down all but 5, how many trees are left? A question like that may be tricky if you are not a native English speaker, and you may say 14. This I believe is the purpose of the tests, just to test your English comprehension.

TLDR: Do not stress over these logic tests, they are just simple questions to test your understanding of English and not really a test of Spock like logic.

Hi Ongo

Thanks for the help. Im just wondering, where you taking logic tests for a computer/Science based course?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Ongo Goblogian

Redman89 wrote: »
    Hi Ongo

Thanks for the help. Im just wondering, where you taking logic tests for a computer/Science based course?

Level 8 H.Dip Science in Computing (Soft dev) (Cloud) (Mobile Apps)

Brilliant Im going for the H.Dip in Data Analytics with the school of computing as well so would imagine the test would be similar. Sound thanks a lot for your help mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NewGrad

Hi there,

NCI - Postgrad in Data Analytics

I am applying for this course through Springboard and would appreciate any feedback.

How have Grads got on after the course? What are the employment prospects?

How did you find the course?

Is there much programming in SPSS and R?

From what I hear, NCI has a good record placing people and good links with industry so am very interested in the course. I have a Computer Science background and have worked in IT for a few years. I am interested in Data Analytics as I have done Data Mining before on SQL databases.

Any info greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Ken L

Sorry to drop into the party late. I started this but used a different email address.
    I hope you all got the places you were after.
    I am actually finishing off the M.Sc. and also a lab assistant for the HiDip at the moment.

If you are on the course, you will probably know by now that it moves quite fast, but I think its worth it.

I will check back here a little more often.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anyone else have feedback on this course?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Trixie777

Redman89 wrote: »
    Brilliant Im going for the H.Dip in Data Analytics with the school of computing as well so would imagine the test would be similar. Sound thanks a lot for your help mate.

Hi Redman89,
    I know it was ages ago now, but I have to do one of these NCI logic tests. Was it as simple as Ongo was saying earlier or do I need to practice for it? Thanks

Advertisement