Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What your teen did/said today to make you smile/cry??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Well she made it the finals next weeks. http://www.offalysports.ie/Events?Id=1594 Not sure how she is going to do as she had 4 hypos yesterday. Have to give her less insulin and more food. She said there is fierce competition so shes not too optimistic, at this stage she is delighted to get the day off school.

* would you believe i got a text at 3pm telling me the homework she has to do, she was off doing athletics for the school (had to wear her uniform)from 9am to 4pm and they wanted her to do homework :eek: wrote her a note saying she wasnt doing it, she was tired after the long day and had a series of hypos. You think they would get homwork off.

Well she brought home the bronze, no hypos and homework off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Well she brought home the bronze, no hypos and homework off.

Gotta love it when a plan comes together:);)

My lady is annoyed at the fact she has to swear that she will not have any relationship with a non-christian person, she said ' how the hell do i know who i am going to fall in love with'

*forgot to say its part of the conformation ritual :( she isnt happy and isnt going to swear it she is going to keep silent as that part, but is going ahead with the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Smashhits

Got a text from my daughter yesterday telling me they were going to be disecting lambs hearts in science on Monday, all excited signs the text from 'your little heart surgeon'! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Smashhits wrote: »
    Got a text from my daughter yesterday telling me they were going to be disecting lambs hearts in science on Monday, all excited signs the text from 'your little heart surgeon'! :D

After doing post mortums on dead poultry I should have considered being a state pathologist ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Smashhits wrote: »

reminds me of me all those years ago.I was a quiet little mouse,but when teacher wanted a volunteer for disections,my hand always shot up- fascinating !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

She cried, I cried for her pain and agony. Could float the Titanic in this house.

She cried, I cried for her pain and agony. Could float the Titanic in this house.

They hate the old 'there are plenty of fish in the sea' story too.....

They hate the old 'there are plenty of fish in the sea' story too.....

My eldest one responded to the "Plenty more fish in the Sea!" argument with an anguished "But, I thought I caught a salmon!":p......She was 15 at the time and he was no salmon!!!! ;)

Pandora2 wrote: »
    My eldest one responded to the "Plenty more fish in the Sea!" argument with an anguished "But, I thought I caught a salmon!":p......She was 15 at the time and he was no salmon!!!! ;)

He sounds more like a mackerel or conger eel.

• Advertisement

He sounds more like a mackerel or conger eel.

I heard the music from Jaws everytime he entered a room:eek:;):D

Pandora2 wrote: »
    I heard the music from Jaws everytime he entered a room:eek:;):D

:D:D

Teenage boys are these, except for mine, of course.

Is there not a website called 'What to do when hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows is refused'? :(

My lady is annoyed at the fact she has to swear that she will not have any relationship with a non-christian person, she said ' how the hell do i know who i am going to fall in love with'

*forgot to say its part of the conformation ritual :( she isnt happy and isnt going to swear it she is going to keep silent as that part, but is going ahead with the rest of it.

I never heard that in the Confirmation ceremony! Does your diocese include it with the drink and drugs pledges? :confused:

I never heard that in the Confirmation ceremony! Does your diocese include it with the drink and drugs pledges? :confused:

NO, diocese of kilaloe :rolleyes:

There were no drink and drugs pledges...

Well i started kickboxing last night and my 12 year old joined me....

She was determined to be better than me, she also got to kick the c**p out of the kick bag thing i was holding, sent me flying a couple of times.... i however could not do the same to her and she kept on moving it so i couldnt aim right :(

she did well though ....

*mommy daughter bonding, kicking the c**p out of each other at kickboxing.... :O

:D:D

Teenage boys are these, except for mine, of course.

Is there not a website called 'What to do when hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows is refused'? :(

eeeewwwwww

I hate
    worms
    of any sort :o

My son's school report arrived in this morning's post. It's in my handbag unopened. I'm too scared to open it. There should be a support group for this sort of thing. :(

My son's school report arrived in this morning's post. It's in my handbag unopened. I'm too scared to open it. There should be a support group for this sort of thing. :(

And it pales in comparison to waiting on Junior/Leaving Cert/Degree results:eek: I'm a shadow of the girl I once was!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

My 16 year old informed me she was going to a 'Farewell to the Foreskin' Party for a friend of hers who has had a circumcision for medical reasons :eek:

The things they choose to celebrate.....:D

^^^^^Laughs Out Loud ^^^^^^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

paperclip2 wrote: »
    My 16 year old informed me she was going to a 'Farewell to the Foreskin' Party for a friend of hers who has had a circumcision for medical reasons :eek:

That's so funny....thanks.
    Don't you just love our children!:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

paperclip2 wrote: »

Be carefull about how they choose to celebrate such an event

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

'xxxx yayyy' : after texting her to tell her i bought a blackberry for her.:(

Be carefull about how they choose to celebrate such an event

I am guessing the young man in question will be fairly protective of the departure site! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

My daughter who is 13 in July had asked me to dye her hair. She's a kind of dirty-ish blonde if ye understand me. She was mad to dye it a plum/red kind of colour but has thankfully changed her mind!!

It's not that I mind her dyeing it and messing about, not that at all. It's just that I don't know what it would look like when it begins to grow out.

As I say, she has changed her mind in any case, but I'm wondering do ye have any advice about wash in- wash outs or what would I use to give her a bit of a change??

My daughter who is 13 in July had asked me to dye her hair. She's a kind of dirty-ish blonde if ye understand me. She was mad to dye it a plum/red kind of colour but has thankfully changed her mind!!

It's not that I mind her dyeing it and messing about, not that at all. It's just that I don't know what it would look like when it begins to grow out.

As I say, she has changed her mind in any case, but I'm wondering do ye have any advice about wash in- wash outs or what would I use to give her a bit of a change??

I went cherry red at that age it was a wash in one, however it stained my hair as i was blond. Blonde wash ins/outs dont really leave much of a difference. If she went dark blonde you can see the difference (can show you a pic of my daughter dark blonde if you like). she tired a different shade of blonde and you couldn't tell the difference.

You also have to do a 24 hour reaction test on the skin, its normally the dark colours that cause a reaction rather than blonde shades, but it still needs to be done, just in case.

I would however recommend going to the salon and getting blonde highlights. did you see my daughters pic, that set me back €60. They are permanent.

Wow Grindelwald, she is gorgeous. I love the hair.
    Cheers for the reply. I'll have a chat with my one again and see what's the best to do.:)

KittyeeTrix

Did your daughter ever colour her hair?

Or did she opt not too?

Daughters school phoned up she forgot her lunch, its not at home, its not in the car cant find it anywere, phone the school said she must have it, anyway they phone me back to say she found her lunch under her hoody...

There is nothing floating around between her 2 ears this week....

Last week was a different story.

She did 3 tests last week and got 2 A's and a B the teacher was really happy with her improvement. He said the maths were really hard and he was delighted that she did well. She does great course work but doesnt follow it through on tests, he said these are the first test which are showing how good she really is. If you remember a while ago i started a thread on how to help her for tests as she was useless in them. There is real improvement..

• Advertisement

KittyeeTrix

Did your daughter ever colour her hair?

Or did she opt not too?

She decided not to in the end which pleased me greatly......
    I was so worried about mesing it up and what it would look like as it was fading out or growing out:D

Well done to your daughter results!!!
    That's great improvement:)

Advertisement