Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Ah, very stealthy looking so it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Someone coming back today from the into west in group 3 had their boards gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

That was TinyExplosion, Niceonetom and Me... we did look cool I have to say. Just came back 10 minutes ago from that spin.

Out for run along seapoint coast road and presumed I saw the 3 of you on your way home.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

That was TinyExplosion, Niceonetom and Me... we did look cool I have to say. Just came back 10 minutes ago from that spin.

Ye kept that one quiet. Didn't want to join the Festina train yesterday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Someone coming back today from the into west in group 3 had their boards gear.

That was me - were you on that spin, what group were you in ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

el tonto wrote: »
    Ye kept that one quiet. Didn't want to join the Festina train yesterday morning?

Yis would have loved it. There was EPO everywhere, man. EVERYWHERE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Out for run along seapoint coast road and presumed I saw the 3 of you on your way home.

Yes ... that was us too ... about 140 km I think

Bike shopping Saturday Morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Yous were going out quite early, which doesn't suit us young 'uns :)

Made it up to the Kippure mast though -boy that's a tough climb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Spotted a boards jersey heading into Central Park in Leopardstown about 9am this morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

fletch wrote: »
    Spotted a boards jersey heading into Central Park in Leopardstown about 9am this morning....

That would probably have been me. I hope I was obeying the rules of the road*

*I think I went through an amber light

• Advertisement

dub_skav wrote: »
    That would probably have been me. I hope I was obeying the rules of the road*

*I think I went through an amber light

Bad boy! Giving us boardsies a bad name... does no one know the rules: "anyone in board gear must remain a model cycling citizen at all times"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

amber is fine, as long as the green is still warm :D

There is a great deal of pressure to be law-abiding wearing that jersey.
    Stopping at every red light actually gets you some odd looks though.

dub_skav wrote: »
    There is a great deal of pressure to be law-abiding wearing that jersey.
    Stopping at every red light actually gets you some odd looks though.

Gets you odd looks, but your overwhelming smugness at doing the right thing, and being law abiding is much greater :)

Gets you odd looks, but your overwhelming smugness at doing the right thing, and being law abiding is much greater :)

And if you really want to put an uber-positive spin on it, you can use the stopages as intervals and sprint back to top speed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

That was me - were you on that spin, what group were you in ?

I went down in group 3, but decided it was a bit slow, so came home with 4/5 (They decided to just go as one group on the way home)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

spotted in rathfarnham, 15 mins ago, cyclist in boards jersey with messenger bag!

neilled wrote: »
    spotted in rathfarnham, 15 mins ago, cyclist in boards jersey with messenger bag!

May have been me not sure if i was home that late, green and orange bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

First random spotting of boards.ie gear ! I was even thinking how disappointing it was that I hadn't seen anyone yet with the gear as I started on the way home.

I couldn't see if the sandals were being worn though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I had my first random spotting today too. Since acquiring a fixie I have developed a keen eye that checks out the rear hub area of any likely hipster. Coming down into Clonskeagh I saw a possible candidate on the other side of the road on this bright yellow monstrosity and sure enough, rear hub confirmed it- singlespeed. It was only after making this assessment that I looked up and noticed it- a boards jersey!

• Advertisement

Finally spotted one - Rathgar Road just there, sandals and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

Caroline.ie & a few others in Enniskerry today, then Blorg I think (recognised from photos on here!) heading fast down hill into Enniskerry village shortly after. I was sitting waiting for someone near the top of the hill in disco kit and gave you a wee wave :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Had my first sighting yesterday morning on the coast road beside sandymount. The owner of the jersey was hot on the heals of another gentleman sporting a yellow jersey.

'fess up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Tails wrote: »
    Had my first sighting yesterday morning on the coast road beside sandymount. The owner of the jersey was hot on the heals of another gentleman sporting a yellow jersey.

'fess up!

Yup, spotted these two myself-same location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Tails wrote: »

'fess up!

That was me! Hot on the heels.. I wish. I had no legs anymore at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Braylee Fit Billionaire

Seen another..

Yesterday evening, black bike (couldn't see manufacture) full mudguards and full BOARDS.IE gear down Fairview, North Strand and into Amiens St..

Since I was in my car I couldn't get his/your attention to say "HI"..

But "HI" all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

sounds like Rogerb ... (yes, I am his personal stalker)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rogerb

LDB wrote: »
    sounds like Rogerb ... (yes, I am his personal stalker)

My personal stalker knows my whereabouts better than I do myself. Yes, sounds like it was me, and yes, I do commute in my boards gear ...

Freddo-Frogs.jpg

rogerb wrote: »
    Freddo-Frogs.jpg

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Raam wrote: »
    :confused:

A Fred for communting in his board gear. well, don't worry we all are a bunch of Fred's so!

Advertisement