Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Waved at someone heading towards Enniskerry last night around 8, possibly g0g.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

daragh_ wrote: »
    Waved at someone heading towards Enniskerry last night around 8, possibly g0g.
    Think that was me you waved at. Were you in a group of three? I couldn't make out if you had a Boards top on or not. That damn bright thing in the sky was blinding.

Think that was me you waved at. Were you in a group of three? I couldn't make out if you had a Boards top on or not. That damn bright thing in the sky was blinding.

That was us. STCC informal spin up some hills. Lovely evening for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Heading south around 630pm today at junction of merrion road and strand road Dublin. Boardsie jersey with hybrid bike I think.

i was on my roubaix heading same direction at the lights fumbling to click in again. Great evening for a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Nassau Street circa 6.30pm this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Why in the name of god are the boards tops pink? The boards running tops are blue, and I thought these ones were too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Why in the name of god are the boards tops pink? The boards running tops are blue, and I thought these ones were too?

Someone thought pink was a capital idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

This is the cycling forum, we do things different here. ;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

The jerseys are class. Instantly recognisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Keep on running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Seen a lad in a group of 3 whilst waiting at view point heading to glencree last night about 7ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Why are the running ones blue?! Better make sure to fix that with a re-design the next time they do an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

The most important fact to remember is that cycling did it first:
    Hi Guys,

Someone recommended that I post some information here regarding the boards cycling kit order. The cycling guys last year put together a kit for their cycling jaunts which occur weekly. Basically you guys on this forum can order that custom kit too. If your interested have a look at the following forum post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055471236

PM me if you have any questions.

All the best... happy training

So you should really be asking why did running not follow suit and move inline with the new kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Wow, touched a nerve clearly, relax everyone, just asking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

SMACCL on the W220 today. Jimm and Smclaw (?) in disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

Seen a lad in a group of 3 whilst waiting at view point heading to glencree last night about 7ish?

Twas probably me heading to Kippure.......what an evening

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Saturday, new jersey passed me, heading towards powerscourt/Enniskerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

SMACCL on the W220 today. Jimm and Smclaw (?) in disguise.

It felt like 220km too :D

I wasn't fully in disguise, wearing a Boards cycling cap which did a great job at stopping the sweat running into my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

NMG at the Baltinglass stop, and a new jersey with number 61 at the start in Greystones.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

jimm wrote: »
    NMG at the Baltinglass stop, and a new jersey with number 61 at the start in Greystones.

Meself, NMG was the only other boards jersey I saw, though met nilhg on SM..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

New jersey spotted this morning around 8am on Clontarf road.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 moch

Musgraves roundabout in Kilcock at 9pm this evening.

Two new jerseys tonight in Corkagh Park, and a part of shorts on joker77. One lad commented mid-race that he couldn't sit behind joker77 any more, his shorts were getting too close to the see-through stage! :pac:

For the rest of ye, 'twas good to put names to faces while doing sign-on. Though I won't recognise you as soon as you put helmets and shades on, don't take it personally. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Gasco

New jersey heading North on the N11 at approx. 07.15 - doing that anxious look over the right shoulder as you have to inch out to the edge of the left hand lane at the turn off to the Glen view Hotel (I hate that section)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Gasco wrote: »
    New jersey heading North on the N11 at approx. 07.15 - doing that anxious look over the right shoulder as you have to inch out to the edge of the left hand lane at the turn off to the Glen view Hotel (I hate that section)

that could have been me

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Gasco

godtabh wrote: »
    that could have been me

On a Canyon?? About to start commuting that direction soon - though think I might try to stay off the N11.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Gasco wrote: »
    On a Canyon?? About to start commuting that direction soon - though think I might try to stay off the N11.

yeah that was me. I was a bit later than I'd normally be and as a result traffic was just that more heavier

Coming home from the Inter Club League last night I was overtaken at speed by someone wearing Boards Shorts and a blue Jersey. Firhouse/M50 bridge I think.

Someone stopped at the lights while the Luas crossed by Parkgate Street, new jersey, 1.15pm. I was on said Luas and too far away to see face or bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

buffalo wrote: »
    Someone stopped at the lights while the Luas crossed by Parkgate Street, new jersey, 1.15pm. I was on said Luas and too far away to see face or bike.
    Heading towards the quays? Could've been me, not sure of the time.

Advertisement