Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bottom-entry low pressure inlet for Toilet - Supplier?

• 04-03-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all,

I recently got a new toilet fitted and I think I bought the wrong type of inlet valve for my apartment building - i.e. one that requires a pumped system.

I figure it must be fairly cheap to fix as it's a few pieces of plastic but I can't find a suitable one online.

It basically looks like this:
    zCoY0lw.jpg

So it's coming in through the bottom of the toilet - just not enough pressure to fill the toilet quickly.

My last toilet didn't flush properly due to it being broken and I wanted to get a lower capacity system on the new toilet. This 30-min filling time is taking water saving measures to a new level though.

My tank is about 4-feet above the top of the valve so the pressure is always going to be pretty low.

Any tips appreciated to get me back in the flow again.

Z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Zygnoth wrote: »
    Hi all,

I recently got a new toilet fitted and I think I bought the wrong type of inlet valve for my apartment building - i.e. one that requires a pumped system.

I figure it must be fairly cheap to fix as it's a few pieces of plastic but I can't find a suitable one online.

It basically looks like this:
    zCoY0lw.jpg

So it's coming in through the bottom of the toilet - just not enough pressure to fill the toilet quickly.

My last toilet didn't flush properly due to it being broken and I wanted to get a lower capacity system on the new toilet. This 30-min filling time is taking water saving measures to a new level though.

My tank is about 4-feet above the top of the valve so the pressure is always going to be pretty low.

Any tips appreciated to get me back in the flow again.

Z
    Do you see that little filter thing that's by the inlet at the bottom, I have seen some models where the manufacturers instructions tell you to remove this filter when fitting to a low pressure system. That would be the first thing I would chance before spending more money.

Advertisement