Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

If You Ruled the Gameshow World...

Options
  • 06-11-2006 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭

Okay, so my Friend Abby was telling me today that she and a freind are going to go and try to be the next contestants on The Price Is Right Show because it is Bob Barker's last year on the show and she just LOOOOOVES Bob Barker!

This totally wrecks my head because Abby is only 22 and Bob Barker is …. What?…. 103? Major Eekers, Man!

Anyway, so if you could be on any game show in the world, which one would you choose to be on?

Or would you just create your own game show?

My Hubby wants to bring back Gladiator fighting – film it maybe in Argentina or some small 3rd world country and broadcast it in the US and see how many jackasses try to copy his idea.

Now me, if I could have my own game show, I’d make it so that nobody ever wins and just see how angry I can make all the contestants. Maybe ask them all really simple questions that EVERYONE knows the right answers to, and then say “NOPE! Sorry! You are WRONG! The answer is ELVIS!” and then after a while they’ll catch on and start saying the answer is ELVIS and then I’ll say “NOPE! Sorry, the answer is JOHNNY CASH!” and then when they all start answering Johnny Cash, I’ll switch to “NOPE! The answer is ATARI JAGUAR!”

Oh, come on! You’d watch it just to see if someone pummels me, wouldn’t you?

So can you do better????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

atari jag gameshow for the win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

The which one of you peoples have i not been with gameshow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I thought Bob Barker quit the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Well how would you do it?
    What would your contestants be competing for?
    Will they all be wearing pocket protectors and taped together glasses?
    Or will they all be forced to wear Cabana Boy outfits and serve you drinks while YOU play the Atari Jaguar?
    Whomever pleases you the most while you achieve the highest score wins?

Do tell!

(No, Ruu, It's Bob's last year! Honest! Abby wouldn't lie!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Dang momma!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd like to see a return of the Jimmy Carr gameshow, Distraction, excellent sadistic fun!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

ooh yes, catchphrase anyone???

actually...... BAMBOOZLED!! "you've been BAMBOOZLED" ha excellent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Too much teletext for you DL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Interesting question Lusty. I can see how your taunting quizshow would work. Of course as a prize the winning contestants would think they were in for a relaxing cruise on the Nile when in fact they were going to spend three weeks with the Amish.

Of course as a contestant on your show, I could feign Tourette's syndrome, so any answer I give would be on the mark.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

jules80 wrote:
    atari jag gameshow for the win!

Yeah, I'd go for that. :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement