Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bring back ....

Options
  • 11-07-2006 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so if you could bring back any game show what would it be?

Bring back ..... 94 votes

Blockbusters
    0% 0 votes
    3-2-1
    20% 19 votes
    The Price is Right
    0% 0 votes
    Strike it Lucky
    4% 4 votes
    The Crystal Maze
    8% 8 votes
    Other - Please specify
    51% 48 votes
    Atari jaguar
    15% 15 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Would have to be Blockbusters (original host of course but dont think Bob is able to do so anymore)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Catchphrase.

God I loved Catchphrase

"Schay watcha shee"

Edit: Also crystal maze, what were the original zones in that?
    Aztec, Medieval, Future, Ocean? Was that a later addition?

TomCo wrote:
    Catchphrase.

God I loved Catchphrase

"Schay watcha shee"

Edit: Also crystal maze, what were the original zones in that?
    Aztec, Medieval, Future, Ocean? Was that a later addition?

Ah the hairstyles! :) I dont think there was any other zones than the ones mentioned. *plays harmonica*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

strike it lucky with barrymore was class,its a shame it all went pear shaped for him.
    voted for blockbusters though,top show

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,708 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The Price is Right is still on. It's some really camp guy presenting it and the rules are different, but it's back nonetheless. God I can't stand that show.

It was way better when Bruce used to present it!

What about Love at First Sight with Bruno Brookes?
    Image:Love_at_first_sight_brookes.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

What was that game with the giant keyboard in front of a screen,.....used to be on sunday nights...I think I liked that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Its got to be The Crystal Maze, its like Indiana Jones and a gameshow in one, you cant lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

fade2black wrote:
    What was that game with the giant keyboard in front of a screen,.....used to be on sunday nights...I think I liked that...
    thats going to bug me all day now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Crystal maze was a winner though the episodes with Richard O'Brien as host were better IMHO. The original zones were Aztec, Medieval, Future and Industrial (later replaced by Ocean).

The other show I vote to resurrect is Knightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Blockbusters for me :) although The Crystal Maze would be a close second but I think that Richard O'Brien was definitely the best host, never watched it after he left. He just made the show funny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

ianmc38 wrote:
    Crystal maze was a winner though the episodes with Richard O'Brien as host were better IMHO. The original zones were Aztec, Medieval, Future and Industrial (later replaced by Ocean).

The other show I vote to resurrect is Knightmare!

With you on both of those. Also 'The Adventure Game' - I loved the 'vortex' round and would scream at the tv when the player was getting too close to it :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventure_Game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The Adventure Game was great, as was Knightmare...

Challenge show loads of the old gameshows. I'd much rather watch re-runs than have any of them reproduced.

If we learned anything from Blockbusters, it would be to leave great formats alone. What a disaster Sky made of it.

Well Ruu, what kind of mod are you???? What's the quiz show I was thinking of?

fade2black wrote:
    Well Ruu, what kind of mod are you???? What's the quiz show I was thinking of?

*rubs chin* It wasnt Gamesmaster was it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Perhaps fade2black is referring to 'the Lyrics Board'.

I think that they should bring back Supermarket Sweep.

Gamesmaster was a terrible guess, The lyrics board is also a terrible guess but i'll forgive ronny because of the sunday night clue, also, I meant keyboard as in computer keyboard.

Gamesmaster:rolleyes:

And I never use that smiley! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

The Price is Right and Catchphrase is back already! The Price is Right is hosted by Joe Pasquale who has the most irritating voice ever so it isn't as enjoyable.

Out of that list I would go for Blockbusters! To the gold run!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Argh! I remember it all right. But damned if I can remember the name of it! Or even the presenter. I'm near sure it was on ITV.

This is going to wreck my head now and Google isn't helping! :(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

fade2black wrote:
    Gamesmaster was a terrible guess, The lyrics board is also a terrible guess but i'll forgive ronny because of the sunday night clue, also, I meant keyboard as in computer keyboard.

Gamesmaster:rolleyes:

And I never use that smiley! ;)

I'll give a try at All Clued Up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

byte wrote:

What a blast from the past. I just about remember that. Can't remember the rules or what went on but I liked it!

byte wrote:

Schnap :) *points to my page 2 entry* Never heard it before.

God bless you Byte and Ruu......

That was indeed it.

Kudos to this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Tori

I'd love to see them bring back The Generation Game - it was hilarious!! Or does anyone remember Celebrity Squares?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Crystal Maze was a legend of a show used to love it! Strike it lucky was pretty cool too! Barrymore was so funny! Be great to see these 2 shows back on the air! they were so much better than some of the $hit on telly today!

I forgot about Going for Gold with Henry Kelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Ruu wrote:
    I forgot about Going for Gold with Henry Kelly.

Really couldn't stand that show. Not even sure why but everything about it irritated me.

I'd love to see Crystal Maze return, but only if Richard O' Brien was host.

• Advertisement

Kolodny wrote:
    Really couldn't stand that show. Not even sure why but everything about it irritated me.

Probably because of Henry Kelly, incredibly boring host. :)

Advertisement