Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 reball around Dublin?

• 20-11-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭

My faithful old 40gb PS3 has finally succumbed and gone YLOD on me.
    It owes me nothing after about 5 years of service but the kids have been getting loads of use out of it lately and I can't really afford to replace it at the moment.
    Looking at repair options, locations and prices now and would appreciate any advice.
    Am I right in thinking that a reflow is just melting the solder that's already on the chip/board to close up any dry joints, and that a reball is resoldering the pins or pads?
    Is there anywhere around Dublin or Kildare doing a reball service?
    I've been looking at Max Burns on the Belgard rd. who do a reflow for 75 euros, and console repairs in Bray who just say they do a YLOD repair for 50 euros. I'm guessing both of these are just reflows, although the Bray crowd are at least offering 6 months warranty.
    If anyone is doing a full reball, what could I expect to pay and how much more permanent a fix would it be?

TIA
    Milltown.
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement