Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

natural birth then induction

• 15-04-2014 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

Well if this little monkey decides not to appear I was looking for stories from others on there inductions after a previous birth. Was it long was it harder. I really just want it to go like last time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Went naturally on first 2 weeks early, waters went and baby was born 13 hours later. Had epidural and pushed for 90 mins, needed episiostemy (sp?)

Induced on second - was having contractions on the day, was 3-4 cms so they just broke my waters. Contractions got stronger but 90 mins later I hadn't progressed any further. Agreed to syntocin - contractions increased significantly and baby arrived within 30 mins! Midwife wasn't really ready and only pushed for 5 mins with just gas and air

I know everyone is different and already being in labor helped but I found induction positive, definitely easier than my first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Thank you nice to hear a positive

I had fast labour first time and they thought I'd deliver at 32 weeks so I never imagined I may go over so at 40 weeks I'm now seeing it could go that way. I went on due date with my first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I was induced on my first and second. The second was a dream: one round of gel at 10pm, slept the night, waters broke on their own about 730, kept my tens machine on: contractions were more than managable until about 9 and she was born at 943. No epidural just gas and air.

The midwife said on your second your body knows what to do and you know what to expect too. Fingers crossed you don't need it but it was a dream for me :) well as much as childbirth can be!

All the women where I'm from really make it out to be complete hell. I know giving birth isn't a walk in the park but it wasn't too bad first time it was relitively clockwork. I said I'd do it again just after he popped out just hoping she pops soon on her own

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Whereisgerry?

Hi,

On my first baby I went naturally at 39 weeks. The baby was posterior and the birth was horrible.

I was induced at 39 weeks on my 2nd. Had my waters broken at 9am (cervix dilated so no need for gel). No pains by 4PM so they gave me sytocin. The pains ramped up - no fun but nothing horrific, got the epidural at 6PM & again at 7.30Pm as it didn't work! Started to push around 9PM. Doc tells me that this baby is also posterior and I have to push really hard....baby was born by 9.06PM. (Go me!). Walk in the park compared to the first baby!!

Honestly, I was terrified of being induced. Spent the entire day before crying.
    But I wouldn't be afraid again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Thank you nice to hear a positive

I had fast labour first time and they thought I'd deliver at 32 weeks so I never imagined I may go over so at 40 weeks I'm now seeing it could go that way. I went on due date with my first

I think induction in a second labour is generally easier, as another poster said your body's done it before. Although it was incredibly quick, I felt great after it and very proud of doing it without epidural. I think if you go in with a positive frame of mind it will be fine, I felt really relaxed going in and excited to be meeting my baby, the first time I was too unsure to even realise there was a baby at the end of the pain!

Yea I got through first time with no epi or gas and air it was very quick and I didn't sleep after so wasn't totally exhausted. I'm praying its a repeat this time!

I'm hoping I get some rest the next few days. Neighbours are killing me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Induced 5 weeks ago, second birth. Went naturally first time. Was way easier than i expected. One round of gel, contractions started a few hours later. Progressed fairly quickly, got to 3cm in about 2/3 hours. Epi in, baby 3 hours later. Home 24 hrs after that. Piece of cake!

Advertisement