Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prvi Partizan ammo stockist

Options
  • 13-04-2014 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of any dealers inthe Munster are or in the 26 that has this in stock Cal .243??
    Yes I know its rubbish,but if it will go more or less where its aimed at 100 yards,it will do fine for what I need it for.:)
    TIA
    Grizz.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

https://www.irishshootingsports.ie/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4069

Grizzly,

Try this link, they say they deliver and yes they do in deed go where you want at 100:p yards.

CM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

they seem to be out of stock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Fingal sports have them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Did you get sorted Grizzly? I have been looking for some in 6.5x55 but they are hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Did indeed . Irish shooting sports had them.Thanks to all who replied.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Thanks Grizzly, no luck on the 6.5 stuff unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

What kind of 100m group size are you managing with it

Let you know after Sat on the range.;):D

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

Cheers grizz,might try some myself for cheap plinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

amadablam wrote: »
    Did you get sorted Grizzly? I have been looking for some in 6.5x55 but they are hard to find.

http://www.crescentsports.ie/index.php/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&category_id=15&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=196

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Rowa

Any word on the grouping of this stuff grizz?

A bothersome thing called "work" got in the way of my range time.:(
    WLUK assoon as I get out to try this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

A bothersome thing called "work" got in the way of my range time.:(

Sir, you will have to rearrange your priorities. :)

Give it up, like I did, you KNOW you'll feel better. :D

tac

Any word on the grouping of this stuff grizz?

Well it was good enough for me to come 3rd in the centre fire bullseye 360 in Midlands yesterday.:D
    Put it like this .i'ts good enough to get into the black on a A4 size target with a few bulls at 100 yards prone unsupported.:D

Well it was good enough for me to come 3rd in the centre fire bullseye 360 in Midlands yesterday.:D
    Put it like this .i'ts good enough to get into the black on a A4 size target with a few bulls at 100 yards prone unsupported.:D

Well done on that.

Must get another box and try them again, the original stuff I tried where hard to close the bolt on but shot good enough for me.

Fair play grizz.Might pick up a box or two for plinking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Not Prvi Partizan, but another cheap & cheerful option for 223 enthusiasts.

yubabill1 wrote: »

Are they fmj?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

yubabill1 wrote: »

Tula steel case milsurp ammo ? Aren't they corrosive primer though ?

• Advertisement

Yes, FMJ with some kind of white metal under the copper coat and lead in the core.

Punch a bigger hole than lead/copper FMJ's, but still minimal meat damage.

They are 62gr @ 3000fps nominal, so will perform best with 1:10, 1:9, 1:8, 1:7 twist barrels.

Doesn't mean they won't shoot out of standard 1:12 barrels, just don't expect stellar performance.

I use them for bunny bashing. Never tried them past 120yds, no reason to believe they won't perform, but not many opportunities for long shots round here.

rowa wrote: »

don't know tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭BillyBoy13

Does anybody just off the top of their heads know where I could get some of this partizan ammo in .270?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

BillyBoy13 wrote: »
    Does anybody just off the top of their heads know where I could get some of this partizan ammo in .270?

Patrick Carley stocks it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭BillyBoy13

Thanks lads! I'll see about getting some pics up after next weekends shooting, let ye see the groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

rowa wrote: »

No. Nor is it milsurp, the FSU does not use .223/5.56x45 ammunition as military issue. Their imilitary issue calibre is 5.45mm. I've been shooting this .223 Tula stuff for years without any problems.

tac

tac foley wrote: »
    No. Nor is it milsurp, the FSU does not use .223/5.56x45 ammunition as military issue. Their imilitary issue calibre is 5.45mm. I've been shooting this .223 Tula stuff for years without any problems.

tac

Looked up primer - non corrosive.

Heard this might be S Korean mfg and packaged in Tula.

It's cheap and cheerful and I think a lot of the stuff on the web is sour grapes from other manufacturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Scalachi

I have shot several boxes of Tulamo in 30 cal in the M1, and find it almost as accurate as Remington, and I think it was 7 Euro a box cheaper than the Remington ! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement