Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due October 2014.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

greenman09 wrote: »
    Peeps we had spotting just brown over a day or two when weeing there on Friday. Referred to the coombe last night . Did a abdominal scan then referred us to the early pregnancy unit. Doc was 90% sure everything was ok. Been referred for vaginal scan next Tuesday. Doc wanted 100% surety that all was ok. Think we saw the little mite on screen with heartbeat. Trying not to overthink. GP said all ok and is running as it should but referred due to spotting few days before.

Will keep everything crossed for you that next Tuesday goes well.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Hope everything went ok for you green man x. Just checkin in to see how others are doing?? IM gettin a tiny bit of nausea here and there, nothing much tho! Boobs seem to be feeling a bit normal today, after weeks of barely being able to touch them..trying not to worry abt scan in two weeks...what will be, will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SaucySue

Hope everyone is doing well.

Just over seven weeks now and have no symptoms at all yet - I'm sure I had heartburn, sore boobs etc by now with daughter but not a thing. No bleeding or anything either but I'm just worried now that something is wrong. Do ye all have symptoms by now?

We don't get a hospital scan til 20 weeks here, so around start June, aaaages away! Will go for private scan prob around end March so will be 11 + weeks then but even that seems ages away. I just don't feel pregnant at all and I'm so worried something is wrong in there :-(

I'm 8+6 today. I've been doing fine really I think but the previous 2 weeks were difficult enough - I was exhausted almost all of the time, waking very early in the morning in spite of this and then feeling nauseated for a fairly big chunk of the day. Its still going on but I'm ticking along.
    I had a lovely weekend with my lovely husband and am really enjoying how much he loves being an expectant Dad and he is being very kind and thoughtful to me given me continuous refrain of "I'm soooo tired".
    I'm actually boring myself at this stage when I say it.

In terms of symptoms, I've lost 5kg since getting pregnant - eating little during the day other than breakfast and making the best I can of dinner seems to be the reason for that. No sign of a baby bump yet for me but late in the evening, especially after I've eaten I do feel quite bloated or a lot of pressure on my lower stomach area and have to change out of my proper clothes into my trackkie bottoms for comfort.
    Boobs are still growing:eek: They're shocking me now and they are quite sensitive too.

Given how desperately sick some women feel I can't really complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

I'm gonna hop in here. I was on Due Sept 2014 but since scan recently put me a week behind the dates, I'm now due Oct 1st! Had a scan at 9wks which then turned out to be 8weeks gestation.

Almost 10wks gestation now , 11wks by dates. V mild symptoms now. Can't wait for 12weeks. Hope you are all keeping well.

Next appt is at 12wks with GP, I'm guessing she checks for heartbeat then as no more scans til 20wks. Going public with shared care with GP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Well we had the scan this morning all as should be. Nice fast heartbeat. Baby growing well. All is good. Two happy people.

Well we had the scan this morning all as should be. Nice fast heartbeat. Baby growing well. All is good. Two happy people.

Thats great news- delighted things are going so well for you all.

great news, delighted for you😊

I love the way there is an ad for prune juice under this thread on my phone!! Just bought a carton 😉

That's fantastic. Wow, anxious times, eh?

• Advertisement

Week 10 today. Nicely the ap on my phone tells me that my morning sickness is likely to be at its worst this week and if so will last until week 12 when it will lift.
    Didn't need the ap to tell me that. Had my first really bad day yesterday - threw up for the first time. Breakfast this morning almost made a reappearance too but thankfully my stomach seems to have settled again.

Woke up today with 4 pimples on my face!!!! Feel like a teenager!

1st hospital appt came in today. 4 weeks away. Now it's getting serious. Also herself is experiencing the nausea. No sickness but definitely coming soon.

Week 10 today. Nicely the ap on my phone tells me that my morning sickness is likely to be at its worst this week and if so will last until week 12 when it will lift.
    Didn't need the ap to tell me that. Had my first really bad day yesterday - threw up for the first time. Breakfast this morning almost made a reappearance too but thankfully my stomach seems to have settled again.

Oh, no! I get queasiness when I get peckish but seems to settle with food. Mind you thought the queasiness phase had passed but it's come back and I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse. Do you try ginger tea? I find that helps.

Anyone showing yet? I'm gestationally 10 +2 (calender dates 11+1) and today I really found my clothes really snug around the middle. This eve I could swear I have a bump. My OH has said a couple of times that he sees it but I've passed it off as bloat but this eve it looked more obvious!

Also, anyone at this stage getting minor twinges? I had them alot for first few weeks and then they stopped but are back in the past 2 days. Nothing painful, just an odd dart/ twinge around the pelvic area. Hoping it's those "uterus growing pains" !

• Registered Users Posts: 32 murphy2

Hi Guys,

Our little pumpkin is due on October 31st, we are going private in Portlaoise and have our first scan on Wednesday. My sister only suffered a miscarriage a couple of weeks ago at 12 weeks and so I am really worried about something happening. Been having a few symptoms, nausea on and off, tiredness in the evenings and sensitive boobs! Also feel so bloated and like none of my clothes are fitting properly but I'm only 6 weeks!

Wishing you all a healthy and happy pregnancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nikki2510

Congrats murphy2!! Good luck with scan. I’m so sorry to hear about yoursister, hope she's doing ok.

How are all symptoms going for y'all? I’m fairly nauseous the whole time -especially when travelling, it’s so severe I’d had to get off buses half wayhome a few times!! I am using the wristband, ginernut cookies, ginger in hotwater and sniffing peppermint oil. Don’t think anything helps that much , withthe exception of drinking loads of water – I seem to have better days the morewater I have drank and peppermint oil does give an slight instant relief.

I am going for my early scan in swords tomorrow - I’ll be 9w 2d. So excitedbut very anxious also. we haven’t told anybody apart from one parent, all goingwell we are telling the other one tomorrow night (only one parent on each side)can anyone tell me what to expect to tomorrow? Has anyone done early scan atabout 9 w?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nikki2510

Anyone showing yet? I'm gestationally 10 +2 (calender dates 11+1) and today I really found my clothes really snug around the middle. This eve I could swear I have a bump. My OH has said a couple of times that he sees it but I've passed it off as bloat but this eve it looked more obvious!

Also, anyone at this stage getting minor twinges? I had them alot for first few weeks and then they stopped but are back in the past 2 days. Nothing painful, just an odd dart/ twinge around the pelvic area. Hoping it's those "uterus growing pains" !

hey 73trix, i am just 9w and defo feel my tummy is more pronouced. I thought it was in my head but i can definately see it!! in relation to pains and twinges i was getting them up untill 2 weeks ago - its much less often now, hope this is normal! its hard to know - feel like i over analysie evey little sympthom! think we probably all do a bit!

IM heading into week ten and am feeling really well...pimples have gone thank god..am definitely feeling pregnant now, with loads of stuff going on in my tummy - niggles etc! How is everyone else doing?

I'm 9+7 and while I'm reluctant to moan (too much) I am coming to understand that pregnancy is hard work.
    My nausea has lifted mostly which is good as it was quite bad for a few weeks. I've had a fairly significant outbreak of spots (some are pretty viscious) on my back but if I was to get them anywhere then there is the best place I suppose.
    My tiredness is still ever present and over the last little while I've developed what I think is SPD. The pressure on my pubic bone is constantly uncomfortable and occasionally gets so sore it would take your breath away and bring tears to my eyes.
    I'm going to get some physio/acupuncture for it this Friday and hopefully it will help.

Other than that though I'm doing fine and it will all be worth it come October. Dying for my scan on April 1st.

• Advertisement

I have that pain on my pubic bone too, but not as severe as you penny....i thought i was imagining it tbh - i had it with my son, but only in the very late stages...its hardly the weight of the baby at this stage, is it???

Fittle wrote: »
    I have that pain on my pubic bone too, but not as severe as you penny....i thought i was imagining it tbh - i had it with my son, but only in the very late stages...its hardly the weight of the baby at this stage, is it???

:eek:If its the weight of the baby then I do not want a full 39/41 week gestation period. :D
    It is unusual that it happens at this early stage but not unheard of apparently.
    I've lost about 5kg since getting pregnant because I was eating breakfast and a tiny dinner due to feeling so nauseated so its not that I've put on any weight at all. I haven't even got a hint of a bump yet.
    The severe pain only hit twice, once about 3 weeks ago and the last time on Sunday when I was taking a nap. Sunday was horrible, the pain woke me up and I was too scared to try going downstairs because my thighs were really weak and sore with it too. I took two painkillers (sorry baby but it just had to be done!) and it abated to a large degree. I could feel the area being sensitive enough ever since though.
    If it stays as it is now then I'll be grand but if the episode on Sunday becomes a regular thing then I'm going to have to get something sorted.

Still wouldn't swap things for the world though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Just found out today wife is due on Halloween :-) First Child too

Over the moon!!!

Welcome to the club mayo. First here also. Due 12/10

• Registered Users Posts: 32 murphy2

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Just found out today wife is due on Halloween :-) First Child too

Over the moon!!!

Congratulations Mayo, we're due on Halloween too with our first baby.

Had our first scan today at 6 weeks 5 days and heard the heart beat, was so relieved but don't think all the worry will go until we're actually holding our baby!
    Next scan in 3 weeks and already can't wait!

Congrats and welcome to the club. Due with first on Oct 1st. Scan at 8wks. Not getting another. Gp said unnecessary so next milestone is GP visit at 13/14wks when hopefully hear the heartbeat. Looking forward to getting that far. Hope everyone is well.

How is everyone? Ive a scan Thursday...am so anxious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

murphy2 wrote: »
    Congratulations Mayo, we're due on Halloween too with our first baby.

Had our first scan today at 6 weeks 5 days and heard the heart beat, was so relieved but don't think all the worry will go until we're actually holding our baby!
    Next scan in 3 weeks and already can't wait!

Thanks had scan earlier today 7 weeks...heard heartbeat...still in shock:eek::)

We are in for first appt on 8th. Should have ultrasound then. Herself is showing now we are 10w4d and still not told work colleagues. She's doing well to hide it. First baby so excited isn't the word. Just can't wait to start buying loads. Are ppl on their first finding out the sex? We are thinking about it but not telling anyone.

• Advertisement

I'm week 12 (11+2) today. The worst of my nausea seems to have passed but makes an appearance every so often. Still feeling shattered almost all of the time. I'm a bit fed up with that I have to admit. Still haven't put on any weight at all and only show in the evening after I've eaten food as my stomach gets quite bloated now after I eat.
    Have my first appointment and scan in the Coombe on April 1st and I'm dying for it.
    Still haven't told anyone about the pregnancy so it's just me and my husband know.

Advertisement