Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

• 20-01-2014 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi, I was just wondering is anyone else due in September :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Hi, I was just wondering is anyone else due in September :)

Hi there I am !!! On number 3
    Around the 4 th. .

How are you keeping/feeling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Im due around the 21st, not too bad just soo tired.

This will be my 2nd.

How are you feeling?

Have a doc app on wed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Congrats!

Around the 25th. First pregnancy. V early days so haven't told anyone bar himself. Delighted to find this thread. I was browsing the general thread but everyone is at such dif stages.

Are you going public or private? I have insurance but GP said I'd still have E2000 shortfall approx. She was v positive about the public system saying the main advantage of private is consistent consultant and chance of private room, which may not be available at the time. Any thoughts?

How are your symptoms? I have sore breasts for 3 weeks now and have started feeling queasy on and off during the day for the past couple of days.

73trix wrote: »
    Congrats!

Around the 25th. First pregnancy. V early days so haven't told anyone bar himself. Delighted to find this thread. I was browsing the general thread but everyone is at such dif stages.

Are you going public or private? I have insurance but GP said I'd still have E2000 shortfall approx. She was v positive about the public system saying the main advantage of private is consistent consultant and chance of private room, which may not be available at the time. Any thoughts?

How are your symptoms? I have sore breasts for 3 weeks now and have started feeling queasy on and off during the day for the past couple of days.

Thats great congrats enjoy ur first pregnancy
    Im goin public in kilkenny and have done on 2 previous . Combined care is what im doing between gp n hospital.
    I can't fault them one bit the care I received from midwives in kk was amazing .they were brilliant

I have health insurance too but would have to pay the 3000 fees for consultant and im not doin that.
    Id rather the midwives look after me even thou ive had sections this time is a planned one but after wards the care is great I found from them and hood support.

Tge tiredness is shocking this time n the nausea I have not ate a dinner since 6 th Jan.
    Just looking forward to getting to week 14 when it passed on other two !!!

Im due around the 21st, not too bad just soo tired.

This will be my 2nd.

How are you feeling?

Have a doc app on wed.

Yes the tiredness is terrible what age is your other little one ?

• Advertisement

He will be 2 in September just before baby number 2 arrives.

I went public in Wexford, couldn't have asked for better care. I had emergency section.

Thankfully I'm not as sick this time around just feel nause in the evening time but no sickness.

monflat wrote: »
    Yes the tiredness is terrible what age is your other little one ?

He will be 2 in September just before baby number 2 arrives.

I went public in Wexford, couldn't have asked for better care. I had emergency section.

Thankfully I'm not as sick this time around just feel nause in the evening time but no sickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Hi there, my EDD is the 22nd, I just went to my GP yesterday. Its my second, my little boy was three just a couple weeks ago.

Feeling grand so far - I was exhausted from insomnia last week, but this week its all good - must be the lack of wine ;-) I was very lucky not to be sick at all on my first so fingers crossed it'll be the same this time round!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Congrats to all the moms to be on here! I'm due the 1st of Sept with my first. Going public, I have my booking appt just before valentines in the satalite clinic. Also have morning sickness now, hoping it's only for a few more weeks!

Any other first-timers? I think it still hasn't fully hit me but the symptoms are there so no denying it! My breasts have never been as sore! How long can that last?

So far so good otherwise, I do have a mild queasiness on and off during the day everyday but have to be thankful for the ginger tea. I find it really works. Had to drive up and down a VERY potholey lane the other day, about 2miles total. Thought my stomach would fall out, it was awful no matter how slow i drove....ugh.

Did you tell anyone at this early stage? I have an early scan due at almost 9 weeks. Thinking of waiting til then to tell the nearest and dearest- my mam and sister first and maybe a close friend. Feel I'm still getting used to the whole idea myself still and my OH and I are talking about it all the time as is.

Glad to hear positive reports on public. I have always gone private and my family, most friends all went private in maternity but despite being insured, the shortfall of 2,500-3,000 sounds just not worth it - especially if not even guaranteed a private bed - and I'd rather have that cash after baby is born!

• Advertisement

Any other first-timers? I think it still hasn't fully hit me but the symptoms are there so no denying it! My breasts have never been as sore! How long can that last?

So far so good otherwise, I do have a mild queasiness on and off during the day everyday but have to be thankful for the ginger tea. I find it really works. Had to drive up and down a VERY potholey lane the other day, about 2miles total. Thought my stomach would fall out, it was awful no matter how slow i drove....ugh.

Did you tell anyone at this early stage? I have an early scan due at almost 9 weeks. Thinking of waiting til then to tell the nearest and dearest- my mam and sister first and maybe a close friend. Feel I'm still getting used to the whole idea myself still and my OH and I are talking about it all the time as is.

Congrats :-) I'm a first timer as well. I found that the sore boobs went away around 7 weeks, only to be replaced by nausea. I'm hoping it subsides after the first trimester like it does for most! What is your est due date?

In terms of telling people, I had wanted to wait, but the OH was nervous and wanted to tell his parents, so we told both sets at 5 weeks. We recently told his brother and are planning on telling his sis now that I'm about 9 weeks as my MIL has had a hard time keeping it under wraps! I had to tell a couple managers in work as l've kept running off to get sick during meetings/ had to pass up higher level opprotunities for a maternity cover contract. Everyone else will find out after all confirmed ok on first scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭d4b

Hey all I'm a first timer. Due around the 28th and also in Kilkenny. I am going for an early scan on wed as I had some bleeds last week and was in ePu twice doing bloodwork for ECG which thankfully came back great so just a scan now on wed hopefully all will be ok.

I never thought boobs could get this sore. I am wearing a sports bra!! Other than that I'm getting more n more tired. Hoping the sickness goes away.

Congrats D4D. Yeah, I can't believe how super-sore my boobs are! It's hard to get comfy in bed even and this is BEFORE any sign of a bump!

The plus is that my queasiness has subsided for now. Didn't take any ginger today! 2 days in a row and tummy feels fine again. That only lasted a week or so though I'm sure it could come back again. My cramps are still there, minor twinges here and there, nothing bad. Read somewhere that it's the womb growing.... But very tired today. Maybe that's starting now....

Rang GP back today and told her I've decided to go with public. One decision reached!

How is everyone else doing? I'm delighted with this thread as we will all be at the same stage :)

This is a great thread, I know babybump and Rc are good too but find that you might not get any replies or contined threads, I like that there is just a few here,

I am also going public, was toying with private too but am happy enough so far and with 2 visits to epu they could not have been any more helpful and nice to me. I have my early scan tomorrow with epu, I have had no more spotting thank god. Really cant wait to get in to week 12.

I presume they wont see much on the scan tomorrow :(

d4b wrote: »
    This is a great thread, I know babybump and Rc are good too but find that you might not get any replies or contined threads, I like that there is just a few here,

I am also going public, was toying with private too but am happy enough so far and with 2 visits to epu they could not have been any more helpful and nice to me. I have my early scan tomorrow with epu, I have had no more spotting thank god. Really cant wait to get in to week 12.

I presume they wont see much on the scan tomorrow :(

Best of luck D4b. Hope scan went well for you today. I agree that it would be such a relief to get to 12 weeks.

Tks 73trix,

It went really well thank you, everything is where it is supposed to be which was the main concern. I could see the little bean and the yolk sac. Heartbeat will come in the next week or so please god so they are bringing me in again in 2 weeks for another scan. Its great, and this is all public too so I could not ask for better care. I was going to book a private scan for 8/9 weeks but as I will be seen again in 2 weeks I think I will hold off. Depending on when I get my appt for the 'first' main one.

Also weird on the scan yesterday, I was dating 6+1 but my own calculations are 5+4 ( as of today) so I dont know what to go by yet. It was an internal scan, which was not as half as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Also been feeling quite nauseous the last few days, very bad on Tuesday. Not so bad so far today TG.

How are you feeling, hope all is good with youxx

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Hi all, feeling queasy today for the first time. was eating little salty snacks all morning and it was helping but now I feel worse!

Anyway, got my dating scan appointment for the 11 March and it just seems so so far away.....its the keeping the news to yourself I find the hardest.... told everyone around 10 weeks last time (as it coincided with a big event) but this time I don't know what to do. I've told one friend and that's it....

All i can say is oh the tiredness!!

Tks 73trix,

It went really well thank you, everything is where it is supposed to be which was the main concern. I could see the little bean and the yolk sac. Heartbeat will come in the next week or so please god so they are bringing me in again in 2 weeks for another scan. Its great, and this is all public too so I could not ask for better care. I was going to book a private scan for 8/9 weeks but as I will be seen again in 2 weeks I think I will hold off. Depending on when I get my appt for the 'first' main one.

Also weird on the scan yesterday, I was dating 6+1 but my own calculations are 5+4 ( as of today) so I dont know what to go by yet. It was an internal scan, which was not as half as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Also been feeling quite nauseous the last few days, very bad on Tuesday. Not so bad so far today TG.

How are you feeling, hope all is good with youxx

That's good news d4b. I'm grand overall. I have an early scan due at 8.5 weeks. Will be glad to get over that , all going well but roll on 12 weeks.

Bit queasy now and then, very sore boobs all the time, very thirsty now especially at night and first thing in the a.m. Weird concoction of symptoms but all mild, thankfully!

All i can say is oh the tiredness!!

And yes, very tired too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Due 24th September, my first time!:) So nervous, scared, happy etc

Had early scan as I didn't know my date as I have PCOS. Early days ;) I've been dry retching a lot every day and boobs are very sensitive, little niggly pains oh and the tiredness my god I can't keep my eyes open! I could literally sleep for the first 12 weeks!!

pastry2010 wrote: »

Had early scan as I didn't know my date as I have PCOS. Early days ;) I've been dry retching a lot every day and boobs are very sensitive, little niggly pains oh and the tiredness my god I can't keep my eyes open! I could literally sleep for the first 12 weeks!!

Congrats god the tiredness is only cruel aint it !!! Im so exhsusted too !!!

monflat wrote: »
    Congrats god the tiredness is only cruel aint it !!! Im so exhsusted too !!!

Hope the other half helping out, mine has been great so far helping out with dinners etc. Trying not to be the moany pregnant lady!:)

Hope the other half helping out, mine has been great so far helping out with dinners etc. Trying not to be the moany pregnant lady!:)

Ah hes not too bad at all he does not mind if his dinner aint ready for him!!!
    I cant wait to burst past 14 weeks !!!!

Congrats pastry2012 and welcome to the club! Talking to a girl today who's 17weeks and she said she came back to life at 13 weeks. Feeling great now. No more exhaustion and nausea. Here's to that! :)

Anyone getting an odd day of lesser symptoms? It's odd but I've read it's normal, they can come and go. The only constant I have is sore boobs and tiredness but the nausea can go away for 1-2 days straight and then back again. No cramps for a good few days now. Still parched first thing in the mornings too, feels like I've been drinking the night before - ha, I wish!

Congrats pastry2012 and welcome to the club! Talking to a girl today who's 17weeks and she said she came back to life at 13 weeks. Feeling great now. No more exhaustion and nausea. Here's to that! :)

Anyone getting an odd day of lesser symptoms? It's odd but I've read it's normal, they can come and go. The only constant I have is sore boobs and tiredness but the nausea can go away for 1-2 days straight and then back again. No cramps for a good few days now. Still parched first thing in the mornings too, feels like I've been drinking the night before - ha, I wish!

Hey girls just trying to read and catch up. Feel like ive not been on in an age. Welcome Pastry :)

Nausea/vomiting and exhaustion have hit me like a ton of bricks since my 6 wk mark last sunday. In tears most days as I can't eat or sleep :( I hate moaning as our little pea is so planned and wanted. But I am knocked for 6. I am just miserable :(

Ive tried everything, ginger peppermint glucose eating little n often etc but nothing is very effective. I am drinking lots of sparkling water which I am finding a bit refreshing. I also bought the sickness bands today so have them on now and will leave on so please god they might help me.

Hope everyone is doing ok. I am just going in to my 7th week. Have a scan on wed so will hopefully see heartbeat xx

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time d4b, Fri was the first day I haven't gotten sick, 10w4d in. I hope it starts to lift for you around the 10 week mark too. Like you, nothing would prevent me getting sick, but found nibbling on ginger biscuts helped when traveling. Still exhausted and asleep on the sofa every night, hoping that will ease soon.

Thanks comonegethappy. Oh I hear ya I am on the couch every evening too. My friends must think I am a right drag lol. Bit am no fun at all at the moment.

I don't want to speak too soon but I think the wrist bands are slightly taking the edge off. The sickness is still there but the gagging has very much lessened. Please god it stays

Thanks comonegethappy. Oh I hear ya I am on the couch every evening too. My friends must think I am a right drag lol. Bit am no fun at all at the moment.

I don't want to speak too soon but I think the wrist bands are slightly taking the edge off. The sickness is still there but the gagging has very much lessened. Please god it stays

Awh :( I think we all hate moaning about our symptoms but I hear it means the pregnancy is going well so that's the only comfort you can take from it. I can't wait to be in my second trimester and for things to ease, I don't feel very in control if my body right now! I'll go through days where I get scared hoping everything works out and I'll be teary, I'd say it happens every woman!

Just filled in and posted forms for the coombe, anyone know what's happens next? Do they call or write back?

X

• Advertisement

Here here roll on second trimester. Please god we all sail through it x

I presume you will get a letter pastry I'm not 100 percent sure

Advertisement