Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler in Garage - Too far?

• 30-05-2013 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi Lads,

I'm currently doing an extension to the rear of a dwelling. This involves knocking the existing boiler and utility room. A new garage is also going to be built however this is separate from the house.

My question is; as an alternative to building a new boiler house within the new extension, can I incorporate it into the garage. The problem with this I'm thinking is the distances between the garage and the house.

The garage will be approx 7m from oil supply and approximately 7m from the house. I'd appreciate any advice ye have as to whether this is viable or not.

Thanks!
    Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Boiler can go in a garage but it must be of the balanced flue type. Protection from mechanical damage should also be considered.
    Oil supply should not be an issue but usual elements such as remote acting fire valve & how they transition through walls, etc should meet relevant standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Also a suitable underground Flow and return piping is a given, most plumbing supply stores will have there own brand they use, I usually use rehau district heating duo piping it works out about €35 / mtr incl termination fittings.

Alternatively use a 4" sewer piping but at both end to terminate inside buildings IE keep it water tight, you can use a draw nylon rope to pull your insulated flow and return piping through the sewer piping.

Never connect plastic piping directly to boiler use copper to connect boiler to plastic piping.

Advertisement