Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2014 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

well I'll make you more annoyed - I am eating rings around myself! I literally have to eat every hour or I feel dreadful, even when I have no more inclination to eat I have to have something, even if its just a banana or bowl of cereal or an apple, but I HAVE to eat something every hour or I am wretched. So I don't actually know how I have managed to loose weight (given that for the last 10 years I seem to have been a blubber magnet!)

I sit in bed in the morning like queen bee and hubby brings me a cup of tea and slice of toast, or a banana and yoghurt because if I get up before I eat something I feel twice as rotten.

I haven't been eating a lot of crap though - if you discount bread and jam with real butter! - but when I feel sick I only want bland plain foods so it is actually really boring at this stage. I think I might turn into a mashed potato or plain omlette! The babies will probably come out with heads like spuds! Two little Mr potato heads! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Rub it in why dontcha :)

you won't be saying that when my children look like potatoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

So happy I found this thread!

Im due 2nd jan and cant wait!!! Was 10 weeks on Thursday, pretty nervous this time round as I had a miscarraige the end of Feb at 12 weeks, but we were lucky enough to get pregnant quickly after it.
    Dont really have many sympthoms and didnt last time either just tired and sore boobs, no sickness thank god. I had started spotting at this point the last time, nothing like that has happened this time so far but went for an early scan at 8 weeks and all looked good, saw the heart beat, and they have me in for another one at 12 weeks, so fingers crossed all goes well this time.

Contrats to everyone else expecting their little bundles x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hi everyone and congrats.
    I just tested Positive on Tuesday after over a year trying.
    Feeling quite nauseous at different times of the day but no puking Thank God. I am also shattered all the time, my usual 3 o'clock slump has been replaced with an uncontrollable urge to crawl under my desk for a snooze.

Not 100% when I'm due but I've my first GP appointment on Monday but I think I'm about 6 or 7 weeks gone.

• Advertisement

Congrats and Welcome Ladies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I'm ten weeks today ... 25% of the way there already! :D

Hi everyone and congrats.
    I just tested Positive on Tuesday after over a year trying.
    Feeling quite nauseous at different times of the day but no puking Thank God. I am also shattered all the time, my usual 3 o'clock slump has been replaced with an uncontrollable urge to crawl under my desk for a snooze.

Not 100% when I'm due but I've my first GP appointment on Monday but I think I'm about 6 or 7 weeks gone.

So I had my first appointment with my GP and he reckons that I'm between 10 - 12 weeks (he said he could feel my uterus above my pelvis) so I'm off to the December thread. I am now waiting for my appointment with Holles st for a scan to get exact dates (but I'm hopeful I'll talk my husband into going for a private scan before then :D)
    Best of Luck to you all xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Hope all are doing well. My wife seems to be feeling a little better but still sleeping about 10 hours each night. I never knew pregnant women slept so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Susie120704

I am leaving this group sadly as it seems it was not to be this time again. Best wishes to you all and happy healthy pregnancies

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Ciarabear

I am leaving this group sadly as it seems it was not to be this time again. Best wishes to you all and happy healthy pregnancies

I'm really sorry to hear that Susie, take care of yourself! x

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

Really sorry to hear that Susie. Take care and hopefully you'll be joining in on another thread soon xx

Suzie, I'm very sorry to hear that

Sorry to hear that Susie

Sorry to hear that Susie, sending hugs and best wishes xx

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PaddyPope

Herself is due Jan 8th. We're both over the moon and so excited I'm dreading how long this is going to feel. I just want to meet him/her now!! haha anyway quick question, do any of you know how long it takes to find out the sex? Dying to know and we have a scan on July 11th (she will be 14 weeks).

Could they tell by 14 weeks?

PaddyPope wrote: »
    Herself is due Jan 8th. We're both over the moon and so excited I'm dreading how long this is going to feel. I just want to meet him/her now!! haha anyway quick question, do any of you know how long it takes to find out the sex? Dying to know and we have a scan on July 11th (she will be 14 weeks).

I think they can at 14 weeks with a reasonable amount of accuracy. Going for our first scan on july 5th. Worked out ourselves as 17th of January though the GP worked it out as the 18th so could be the same day as yereselves. Best of luck, very exciting times.
    Think were going to wait for a surprise.

PaddyPope wrote: »

From what I have been told and read up, they can technically tell from about 11/12 weeks on as at that stage the genital development has started, but you need an internal ultrasound to tell this and a lot depends on the skill of the sonographer. Because there is a LOT of room for error at this stage, this is why a lot of hospitals won't tell you gender as it is just too easy to make a mistake. I had a scan last week and the sonographer confirmed this with me and said she would not be comfortable telling the gender until at least 16 weeks, and even then she would be placing a caveat on it. After 18 or so weeks it can be more certain.

so you can ask at 14 weeks, but they might not tell you and if they do they might be wrong - so don't go too mad buying pink/blue for another few weeks!

Thanks guys! Yeah I've heard that they cant be certain so I guess we'll just have to be patient. We had an early scan at 7 weeks and all we could see was a little peanut with a heartbeat so were excited to see what it looks like at the next one!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Ciarabear

Hi guys, hope you're all well! Thankfully most of my nausea has now subsided at just over 9 weeks! Seeing our teeny baba and its little heartbeat at the private scan recently was quite the experience and makes the incredible a little more credible! :)

I can't believe how close the elusive 12 week mark is now -we've told nobody but one set of grandparents and shall be announcing the news to baby's other grandparents quite soon -have ye opted to make big announcements yet or keeping schtum for the mo?

• Advertisement

We've told nearly everyone already! :o I'm not very good at keeping secrets! I'll be 12 weeks this weekend.

My girlfriend previously had an ectopic so we've been a bit hesitant on telling everyone yet (bar our best friends). But because of the early scan and confirmation that the sac is in the womb and well we're a lot more positive. We'll tell the world after the next scan so we have a decent picture of the little blob to show them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

Does anyone have a bump yet? I have a small one at 10 weeks, bigger in the evening. Last time round I had nothing until about 14 weeks so I'm wondering will I end up much bigger this time :-). I know it's because my abdominal muscles aren't as strong but I was a bit surprised! It's lovely though.

I'm waiting for my husband to tell his family. I'm dying to tell other people; I have no patience. My entire family know at this stage as my early scan showed everything looked normal.

I have told my work colleagues now as I am getting steadily bigger thanks to the twosome inhabiting my uterus! I had already told my boss, but had a scan last week and all was perfect so told the rest of them gradually over the last few days. It's kind of a relief though, not having to pretend I don't feel like sh!t!

Family on both sides know from the first positive test - but then again they knew we were going for IVF so of course they were dying to know if it worked.

Have only told two of my very close friends. Haven't yet told the rest of our friends. I know it sounds strange, but I almost feel awkward saying it! lol But I am growing at such a fast rate I don't think I will need to state the obvious soon - it will be quite clear that I am preggers!

My upper stomach is sticking out :D rather than my "bump"
    Not much of a bump yet, must be coz of those Ab muscles I've been honing for the last few years :cool: hahaha not !!
    My clothes are starting to get a little tighter, but then again I haven't been able to do so much as a half an hour walk due to the sleepiness after dinner.

10 + 2 and starting to feel a little bit more energetic this week, maybe its the corner turning experience of the end if the 1st trimester ... Exciting !!

Have our big appnt with Doc nxt Tuesday so really looking forward to that. I'll probably want to take out an ad in the local paper after it

Yeah I'm def getting a bit of a bump now, had my 12 week scan last wednesday! Was sooo cool! You could see the baby kicking its legs!

I am growing out of all my clothes! Thank god its pay day for me so I can go buy some new things!:):):)

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Yeah I'm def getting a bit of a bump now, had my 12 week scan last wednesday! Was sooo cool! You could see the baby kicking its legs!

I am growing out of all my clothes! Thank god its pay day for me so I can go buy some new things!:):):)

Kicking its legs??? Really! Had thought all you would see is a blur and you wouldn't be able to make anything out.
    My wife is just about 11 weeks now and have the scan on the 5th so im very excited.

She definitely doesn't have a bump but is complaining that her clothes aren't fitting her properly though I haven't noticed anything.

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Kicking its legs??? Really! Had thought all you would see is a blur and you wouldn't be able to make anything out.
    My wife is just about 11 weeks now and have the scan on the 5th so im very excited.

She definitely doesn't have a bump but is complaining that her clothes aren't fitting her properly though I haven't noticed anything.

Oh you will definitly see some movement, the picture is surprisingly clear they will show you all the development stages, like the spinal cord, lungs, heart etc - its amazing, got a great pic of the tiny feet.

Word of advice for your wife, make sure she drinks plenty of water so her bladder is full as this help raise up the uterus so you get a clearer pic.

Yes, at my 10 + 5 scan I could clearly see little hands and feet (and still some tail! lol) and one of the twins was literally jumping around in there every time the sonographer pressed on my tummy! Was a bit hard to get a clear picture as a result but eventually he/she gave in and sat quietly like a good little baby for a few minutes so she managed to get a clear picture for me. At that stage they were both facing left and in the typical position you imagine when you picture a scan in your head.

I had to visit the rotunda via A&E the other day (my vomiting suddenly peaked and I had a slight temp so my GP sent me in). I had another scan and one was on its head facing the opposite way and the other one was kind of diagonal! While the scan was going on both were literally doing somersaults! Totally amazing to see that difference in the space of 8 days!

• Advertisement

Thirteen weeks today, and I think my morning sickness might finally be over! \o/ Haven't gotten sick once since Thursday evening. My 'booking appointment' is Monday week in Holles St, looking forward to it. Will probably be making the announcement in work once that's over with .... eeeep!

Advertisement