Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Local Politician Does His Bit For The Disabled..

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Sully wrote: »
    rosel can take a break from the forum for his "contribution".

This thread seems to have no point since the candidate has responded.. ill see how it pans out before closing it.

Give it a week or so before you close it... Andrew's a busy man after all! ;)

*Sarcasm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sooshie

i actually cannot believe the time and effort ye have all went through to try blacken andrew mcguinness's name....i mean seriously??? have ye all got nothing better to do?
    yes, i agree the driver prob shouldnt have parked in the spot but as andrew said, he spoke to him and asked him to be more careful where he parks....was it actually andrew who was driving? no! and what he mentioned in the hearld was what he was told, how did he know any better!
    as for darren murphy...i think its a lame and pathetic approach to win yourself votes....will it work? quite frankly, no! it just proves your too much of a child to be a voice for kilkenny city! truth is andrew is such a treat to you, you'll stoop as low as you can....well i doubt those sort of tactics will work to your advantage!
    im sorry for my rant but i actually cant believe how pathetic this all is....andrew has done so much for the people of kilkenny,he is so hard workin and he will, for sure be gettin my number one vote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tom12

i agree andrew is vry hard working and if darren was half as good as him he would'nt have soop this low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 purplemoon

This is a sad thread, I mean come on, everyone is just picking on McGuinness just because his face is on the side of a van. He isn't the driver. It was the drivers fault. You could go around Kilkenny everyday and see illegal parking by lots of different people, why aren't there any photo's of that?

What about all the people that pull up on the footpath outside of AIB on high st. to use the ATM? Or has anyone ever gone to visit someone in the hospital and seen people park on the footpath and in the disabled spots?

For crying out loud everyone does it. I'm not saying it's not a bad thing, because it is. The problem i have is that, the blame is going on to a person who isn't even the owner nor driver of the vehicles. How about you go around kilkenny each day a take photo's of ALL the illegal parking that occurs day in and day out, or does that not interest anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

sooshie wrote: »
    i actually cannot believe the time and effort ye have all went through to try blacken andrew mcguinness's name....i mean seriously??? have ye all got nothing better to do?
    yes, i agree the driver prob shouldnt have parked in the spot but as andrew said, he spoke to him and asked him to be more careful where he parks....was it actually andrew who was driving? no! and what he mentioned in the hearld was what he was told, how did he know any better!
    as for darren murphy...i think its a lame and pathetic approach to win yourself votes....will it work? quite frankly, no! it just proves your too much of a child to be a voice for kilkenny city! truth is andrew is such a treat to you, you'll stoop as low as you can....well i doubt those sort of tactics will work to your advantage!
    im sorry for my rant but i actually cant believe how pathetic this all is....andrew has done so much for the people of kilkenny,he is so hard workin and he will, for sure be gettin my number one vote!

What?! Andrew has done nothin for Kilkenny!! Its his old man that did all the work while he sits back and takes the credit.

Also... notice how all these fan-boys only have one or two posts! What's up with that?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

3 new users all sign up and have there first post in this thread defending the same person...

This thread must have provoked strong feelings for all those lurkers to suddenly out of the blue sign up :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

3 new users all sign up and have there first post in this thread defending the same person...

This thread must have provoked strong feelings for all those lurkers to suddenly out of the blue sign up :D.

I think someone is trying to get this thread closed, wonder will it work smiley-angry-256x2561.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 purplemoon

Yep i'm a new user. I've been listening to people talking about this for the last few days and decided to come on and have my say, i thought that it was a website for.
    i've also looked at threads on the pumphouse, ask the politicians a question, events guide to kilkenny, i haven't posted there, so what?! i generally join these things when something sparks my interest, just like i've done on other sites. thanks for the welcome notes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

They may have three different IP addresses too. Or maybe not ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

purplemoon wrote: »
    For crying out loud everyone does it. I'm not saying it's not a bad thing, because it is. The problem i have is that, the blame is going on to a person who isn't even the owner nor driver of the vehicles. How about you go around kilkenny each day a take photo's of ALL the illegal parking that occurs day in and day out, or does that not interest anyone?
    good point!
    and to build on it the people get the government they deserve. Fianna Fails mandate from the public would seem to suggest that the law should be optional.
    How else could Sean Fitzpatrick be still free to come and go as he pleases after neglecting to mention eight years of deception to Anglo stockholders and then deceiving the irish tax payer when he accepted the protection of the emergency financial act.
    FF actually stands for Fitzys Friends.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You are kidding me right?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=232183
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=232193
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=232199

Three new users all registered today saying this thread is pointless and that its blackening McGuinness.

There are three reasons for this imho:
    - Either your trying to stir up crap so you look like you work for McGuinness even though you actually don't just to give him a further bad name
    - You work for him and are dumb enough to try and defend him by registering today to do so
    - Your just trolling

Given the user ID number assigned to these users (above) I'd say they were registered practically minutes apart

I would hope that this type of nonsense won't get the thread closed (of course that could be the plan behind doing the above)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

The fact that Mr. McGuinness is having his friends and family associates register here to defend him is woefully pathetic.

It's fair enough that it wasn't his fault the driver was stupid enough to park where he did. He made his point, explained himself and that should have been it. He could have left this thread with the dignity of having made an honest response.

Of course, by the same logic as above, in fairness to Andrew McGuinness, it's possible that: he didn't tell them to register, they found out about this thread independently, they were aghast to see what was being said about him, subsequently replied here without his knowledge and he doesn't condone their comments and it shouldn't reflect badly on him.

And so my head spins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tom12

so what you saying that new people are not allowed to jion this site why is it because they have differnt opinion's than you

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Good Nite and Good Luck!

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement