Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kablamo! wrote: »
    How are people getting so many eggs?? Am I missing a trick here?!

Been wondering that too after flicking through my friends list. Everyone seems to have loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

I have both types of baskets in my town at the moment - user id orourkel

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Barry265994 if anyone wants to add me

There are a few missions your Homer & a few others do. Once each mission is done you get a few hundred eggs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I've discovered a bug when you visit a friend's town. Sometime after completing 3 actions in their town, you don't get the "Thanks" bonus message with the 25xp.

Seems to only happen in towns where there are egg baskets.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

How do I get Easter fences?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Mars Bar wrote: »
    How do I get Easter fences?!

They're prizes you can win in eggschange for 500 pink or blue eggs.

Did I say 'eggschange'? Yes I did. I hate myself already :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Please add adelemcgov605

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭corkie

daisy123 wrote: »
    I have both types of baskets in my town at the moment - user id orourkel

I must have removed you from my friends list at some stage!

Friend request sent if you have room!

Filled up my friends list again and cancelled the request.
    If you want to be friends again? Please PM me.

Pink Basket Now in my town.
    It was filled -- Thanks!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Filled the last of the room in your basket corkie.

I have two blue baskets in my town. One is empty and the other has some blue eggs in it but when I tap it, nothing happens.

Is this a glitch or something? I want my eggs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I really like the idea of this event and it's addictive again but I'm having terrible luck so far.

I've gotten around 5 blue boxes and 2 pink boxes so far. I've got 2 Easter Ponds, 3 Easter fences twice, 100 gold eggs twice and 300 gold eggs. From my one and only gold box I got the Easter Gate.

So after collecting 4,000 eggs all I've to show for it is 2 ponds and a few fences. Terrible payout IMO.

I'd definitely place any Easter baskets you win. I got a few hundred eggs from mine today when I collected them. Check your inventory because mine were in there and I hadn't noticed collecting them. Also the tasks are paying out big amounts. Before today I'd only collected around 1,000 eggs from friends and zapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭corkie

J. Marston wrote: »
    I have two blue baskets in my town. One is empty and the other has some blue eggs in it but when I tap it, nothing happens.

Is this a glitch or something? I want my eggs!

You have to wait until there full!

Plus unfortunately there a once of use! So I hope you didn't spend donuts on them.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Make sure and plant corn before part 8 of the main quest line, it'll instantly grow when part 8 starts.

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Make sure and plant corn before part 8 of the main quest line, it'll instantly grow when part 8 starts.
    What quest is this?
    corkie wrote: »
    You have to wait until there full!

Plus unfortunately there a once of use! So I hope you didn't spend donuts on them.
    Ah, I didn't know you have to wait until they're full. Just looked and there is two blue eggs in one basket.

Nope, I didn't spend donuts on them (I only have 7!) I got both from zapping bunnies.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

corkie wrote: »
    I must have removed you from my friends list at some stage!

Friend request sent if you have room!

Filled up my friends list again and cancelled the request.
    If you want to be friends again? Please PM me.

Pink Basket Now in my town.
    It was filled -- Thanks!

No worries, was pretty inactive for a while! No rush anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

CSSE09 wrote: »

has anyone tested this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

has anyone tested this ?

i will, planted corn 30 days ago, i am on task 5 so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mrweatherman

I had to remove a good few ppl cause they werent active. So if your active again add me howyabud

has anyone tested this ?

I already did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Likewise, I have a lot of people who haven't updated. I have two baskets out and I've gotten no returns yet and I think it might be to do with inactivity of my friends.
    So if you're active with the easter update, add me on MaryDrummer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

If anyone wants to add me it's pablomakaveli

Most of my friends list seems to be inactive these days

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sure if we're starting a list again, i'm ncremins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Can confirm that growing the corn before mission eight works.
    Just started growing it around 4 hours ago then started mission eight. Instant cash/exp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I did a cleanout of stale friends and have capacity. gmt76.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Just had to delete a ton of inactive friends too so I've a load of space! I'd appreciate any adds :)

Name:
    idigshovels

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Admldj

I will leave pink and blue baskets in the middle of my town help yourselves to eggs plenty to spare admldj

Is the corn growing mission a part of the Easter stuff?

Yep.
    Dropped two pink baskets in my town username:AbdulAbhaile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

No Easter mission 8 is to grow an item on Cletus's farm. And it finishes what you have planted before it (for example corn) so you can automatically start mission 8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I just had one of those weird moments where I opened the game and I wasn't in my town. It skipped the login page and kept going to someone else's town. Then it went back to my town but said I had 1/1 Friendship Points.

After I force stopped the game and restarted it was fine but it was pretty weird!

Advertisement