Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Culchie Areas in dublin

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Days 298 wrote: »
    The whole country falls under the Irish stereotype. No escaping it us poor potato munchers!

Deflect the stereotype all you want on others. Still the same passport and the same stereotype to the rest if the world.

Please stop.

Us culchies would rather not be associated with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Anywhere within a heffers roar of The Portabello pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Anywhere there's a guinneys nearby

What is "guinneys"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

I've heard a lot of dirty munster accents in the pubs of Ranelagh. Impure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

There's loads of boggers in Rathmines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

I've heard a lot of dirty munster accents in the pubs of Ranelagh. Impure.
    That can't be, sure any boggers in 'Renelagh' tend to put on south dublin accents to fit in :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

You gotta love Dublin's inferiority complex. It's always culchie this or culchie that. Cop on and stop embarrassing yourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

ColeTrain wrote: »
    You gotta love Dublin's inferiority complex. It's always culchie this or culchie that. Cop on and stop embarrassing yourselves
    OP has self identified as a 'culchie'.

Phoebas wrote: »

He's of pure blood then, good for him

Phoebas wrote: »

He's of pure blood then, good for him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Anywhere within a heffers roar of The Portabello pub.

This could be misconstrued to be an insult by Heffo fans or vegans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

I met an Irish lad in Oz who said back home they call him a 'dublin culchie', which translated to something along the lines of 'I have the streetwise element of a towny, but the 'down to the earth-ness' of a culchie, ok he didn't use them words , but thats what he meant.

I cringed:o...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Camden street

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Ballymun

Any place with 'Bally' in it's name is a culchie area.

Ballywaltrim
    Ballybrack
    Ballyfermot
    Ballybough

Yea, you're onto something... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Ballywaltrim
    Ballybrack
    Ballyfermot
    Ballybough

Yea, you're onto something... :D
    Wordless wrote: »
    Such as Baile Atha Cliath?
    realies wrote: »
    Ballyfermot, na don't think so :D

Jaysus lads I was taking the piss. You hardly thought I was serious saying Ballymun was a culchie area.

This deserves a --> :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

ColeTrain wrote: »

2 words.

Sam Maguire. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Castleknock to me is a bit culchieish - all these fifty year olds who bought there when they firsht moved up to de big shmoke and made a bit of money buying and renting out flats in ranelagh in the 70's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

balbriggan. end of..I'm fairly sure it's an outpost of South Armagh. Or possibly Limerick...

this made me chuckle,an outpost of south armagh,possibly limerick :)
    your not far off the mark to be fair,its gotten really bad up there recently,i actually started a thread today on the north county Dublin forum about how bad its becoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

chughes wrote: »
    Can't be Balbriggan, that's the capital of Nigeria....

or balgeria,as the local taxi men jokingly refer to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Dickie10

would ballbriggan be seen as culchie i mean its all farms around it? barney rock has a pure couuntry accent, it as good as meath!
    how about saggart? loads of sheep around there, and the airport has fields of spuds all around it? how do dubs categorise the farmers from rush,lusk,swords,saggart or lucan? are they not culchies? or is culchieland only outside the pale?
    most people say inside the pale is not culchie, so then 75% of meath is not culchie and 80% of louth, i think a small bit of kildare around maynnoth and celbridge is also inside the pale. the pale border went through my village, it was a garrisson set up to keep the savages back! yet im a farmer from meath! and all these years i thought i was a culchie, better get my ralph lauren shirt on and attend to the horses so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Dickie10 wrote: »
    would ballbriggan be seen as culchie i mean its all farms around it? barney rock has a pure couuntry accent, it as good as meath!
    how about saggart? loads of sheep around there, and the airport has fields of spuds all around it? how do dubs categorise the farmers from rush,lusk,swords,saggart or lucan? are they not culchies? or is culchieland only outside the pale?
    most people say inside the pale is not culchie, so then 75% of meath is not culchie and 80% of louth, i think a small bit of kildare around maynnoth and celbridge is also inside the pale. the pale border went through my village, it was a garrisson set up to keep the savages back! yet im a farmer from meath! and all these years i thought i was a culchie, better get my ralph lauren shirt on and attend to the horses so

Yeah the Dubliness is a bit confused in Balbriggan. Although John o'Leary former Dublin Keeper was from there. Most Dubs would definitely view anyone from Skerries as a bit of a culchie, but former Dublin captain Bryan Cullen was from there so we are definitely all inclusive!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

What is a culchie?
    a jackeen's father

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Thread is near two years old, maybe fire up a new one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement