Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice

• 30-04-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I need help, my fiancee found the Lord, and will now only marry me if I too convert

She had grown up in a conservative home and lived a relatively christian religious life. Nothing strict or crazy, going to church when she could and praying as needed. A number of years ago, in her early twenties she had both her parents pass away from cancer, a few months apart from one another. It was really a tough time for her, she lost her faith and veered away from the church and religion completely.
    I on the other hand grew up in a christian school, went to church on the odd Sunday. Certain family members were religious while others weren't at all. Nothing was ever forced upon us and we hardly ever talked about religion. I personally gave up on it around 14 (now 29), and haven't really thought about it since.
    It's only until recently where she has decided to re-look living her life as a christian. Throughout this year she studied the history, read various books, went to a Christianity starter course which I attended with her as support. Which is where I learned a whole lot more about Christianity than I ever was taught at school and church. It was an eye opener and really nailed home my idea that Christianity makes absolutely no sense.
    She is now full blown religious and couldn't think of anything more perfect than bringing her kids up in a christian home. Problem is I need to take this journey with her otherwise it makes no sense to marry me.
    I love her like you cannot believe but this is tearing us apart.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Well you can raise your family in a Christian home without being one yourself.

I would be wary. I would respect her views and all that but I would be unsure about a future with someone who cannot respect me for who I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Dump her, have no regrets. This is a very lucky escape, so be thankful it happened now and not when once ye were married.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I think your question is more suited to this forum, than After Hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement