Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justin Bieber paternity suit dropped

• 16-11-2011 3:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭

* http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/baby-baby-baby-no-justin-bieber-paternity-suit-dropped-280944-Nov2011/

* http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/16/justin-bieber-mariah-yeater-paternity-lawsuit-dismissed/#.TsPVXT0r2dA
    JUSTIN BIEBER WILL not have to undergo a paternity test after all as the lawsuit against the pop icon has been dropped, reports TMZ.
    The celebrity gossip website has learned that the paternity action brought against the Canadian singer was “quietly dismissed” last week.

Lawyers for the accuser (and fan) Mariah Yeaters have also quit the case completely after hearing from Bieber’s attorney.
    Bieber had said he would take a DNA test to confirm that he did not have a sexual liaison with the fan after one of his concerts last year. The 20-year-old claimed he was the father of her three-month old son.

A judge was due to hear her demands for a paternity test and child support at a hearing on 15 December in San Diego. However, Bieber offered to undergo the test before then.
    Lawyers for the 17-year-old also said that once the paternity test proved Bieber’s story, he would sue Yeaters.

The singer himself does not seem too put out by the allegations. Just a few hours ago he tweeted this image with the caption: “Legggo!!!”

Looks like he's off the hook.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

What am I going to do with all this popcorn now :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

xzanti wrote: »

Send it to Mariah Yeater because when his lawyers get through with her, she won't be able to afford such luxuries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Biggins wrote: »
    Send it to Mariah Yeater because when his lawyers get through with her, she won't be able to afford such luxuries!

Bets are she won't be sued, and is actually sitting on some nice hush money.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Crossed my mind actually..

Speculatively speaking of course.

mikom wrote: »
    Bets are she won't be sued, and is actually sitting on some nice hush money.

Possibly true.
    It wouldn't have done his PR image any good if it was found out it was his baby - given his age.
    Been seen as a teenage daddy would not go down well in some southern American county circles to say the least.

If in a few respectable weeks/months we hear of he and his other half parting ways, it might further indicate this?

If he sues the woman - he was genuine.

If he DON'T sue the woman, it will clearly indicate that he might have paid her off - and her lawyers to keep quiet and keep up a charade that they dumped her to further make himself look innocent.

Money is a powerful thing and he has LOADS of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

THE WOMAN/GIRL either knows he is the father or she doesn't. Leads me to believe that he is not. Why do these sad people do this?

O' wait....
    Now its back on again!
    A lawyer for Mariah Yeater has denied that her paternity suit has been withdrawn and insisted that negotiations to secure a confidential DNA test are still taking place.
    A report today claimed Yeater's legal team had resigned. But Chicago based paternity lawyer Jeffrey Leving confirmed he is still very much on board and negotiations with teen star Justin Bieber’s legal team are still active.
    In a telephone interview with a Chicago news station today he confirmed: 'I did not step down and there is a legal team.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2062324/Justin-Bieber-baby-Mariah-Yeaters-lawyer-says-paternity-suit-ON.html

This is getting confusing LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Biggins wrote: »
    O' wait....
    Now its back on again!

Jeffrey Leving confirmed he is still very much on board and negotiations with teen star Justin Bieber’s legal team are still active.

Translation:
    The little lady wants a larger pay-off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ lovin' this twisty/turny story!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

xzanti wrote: »

I bought in snacks also....no fair! :(

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Please be true! I know it it 99.9% likely it's not his, but I ****ing hope it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,952 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

In Justin Bieber's case, it may well be that the paternity case isn't all that hasn't dropped, so he may still be innocent.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Please let it be his:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

If the kid wasint his wouldint he have her dragged her kicking and screaming into court by now? He's worth gazillions by now? Surely he'd have proved it if he knew for a CERTAINTY. That's the thing. He's not certain because he might have screwed her, but might have used a condom.

He's a stooopid teen, not street wise. Sure he coulda been turkey basted by a gold digga :eek: poor egit. Ya got money? Watch what ya do with those condoms boys :pac:

I'd say the kids his.

What does Paddy powwwwah say?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

Oh my goodness. I can't actually believe people think he is the Father. *facepalm*

Why should he drag her to court? She is already publicly humiliating herself by giving interviews to the media. He can sue for defamation at a latter date while she gives him the necessary evidence by spreading false information to the press.

The story sounds totally fabricated. Her lawyers withdrawing from the case indicate that she is possibly slandering in her case as well.

Lastly, why would he have sex with a rat when he had and still has every teenage girl running after him everyday?

The case is a joke and you're a fool if you believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Cant wait till he ends up in rehab. Will happen at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 23,952 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Manc Red wrote: »
    He can sue for defamation

She's probably only got $10.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Manc Red wrote: »
    Oh my goodness. I can't actually believe people think he is the Father. *facepalm*

Why should he drag her to court? She is already publicly humiliating herself by giving interviews to the media. He can sue for defamation at a latter date while she gives him the necessary evidence by spreading false information to the press.

The story sounds totally fabricated. Her lawyers withdrawing from the case indicate that she is possibly slandering in her case as well.

Lastly, why would he have sex with a rat when he had and still has every teenage girl running after him everyday?

The case is a joke and you're a fool if you believe it.
    If he's been accused of fathering a child why would he not insist on following through with a paternity test to prove conclusively to everyone that he's not the father? Rather than let people believe he is the father but just paid her off?

Advertisement