Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your favourite up-and-coming film trailer here..

• 10-11-2004 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭

Want to try (with everyone's help) to try and get this thread to last a while.

I think practically everyone enjoys watching a good trailer - and there's plenty of good one's out there that go by unnoticed. So, the purpose of this thread is to give everyone a little enlightenment as to what trailers you've been watching lately. And if they've been good, post up a link to the trailer and if possible, a brief synopsis and / or personal comment.

I will post my favourite new trailers here every couple of days. And i hope everyone will do the same.

Let's try and keep this thread active!

Imaginary Heroes

US Release Date: 25th February 2005

Plot Summary (from IMDB): The Travis family façade is destroyed by an event incomprehensible to them -- an event which will open locked doors and finally reveal the secrets that have haunted them for decades.

Comment: This does look like a promising little film! Trailer has some great moments. Also love the use of The Postal Service song 'The District Sleeps Alone Tonight' in it. Definantly worth a look!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This will be posted sooner or later so..

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge Of The Sith

UK / US Release Date: 19th May 2005

Plot Summary (from IMDB): After three years of fighting in the Clone Wars, Anakin Skywalker begins his journey towards the Dark Side of the Force, putting his friendship with Obi Wan Kenobi and his marriage at risk.

Comment: I believe i fall into a common category among film fans regarding Star Wars. This category is "I loved the original trilogy, but loathe the new ones!".

Despite this, you cannot deny that this is one great teaser! I'm still undecided whether or not the film will be utter muck. I don't have high standards anyways based on Episode I and Episode II. Because after EP1:TPM, everyone was telling you that EP2:AOTC was much better and amazing! I was throughly bored for the entirety of Episode 2.

Anyways, the teaser trailer is definantly worth a look! And i hope Episode III will prove me wrong and be as great as that trailer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

many years ago i read the plotmlines for episode 1 2 and 3 before they all came out and i thought that 3 sounded the best. the plot was so deatiloed and soo good that episode 3 should be its own triligy and have 3 parts to it.

If they follow the plan and dont mess up 3 will be the greatest of the SW movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/i_heart_huckabees/

It's I <heart> Huckabees.

Release: 26th November

Plot: An existensial comedy. Albert (Jason Schwartzman) is campaigning to prevent rare marshland being turned into a Huckabees department store by slick suit Brad (Jude Law). Diatracted by a mysterious stranger, Albert hires detectives Lily Tomlin and Dustin Hoffman, who in turn are hired by Brad. Linked by this curious bond, friend, foe, and detectives mix in one of the most indescribably curious comedies of the year. (Stolen from Unlimited)

Comments: This looks like a very funny and original film with scenee that are too weird and wonderful for any old movie. See it! :D

Nice recommendation there with I Heart Huckabees!

Heard great things about this!

And trailer for it is very funny / bizarre!

High Tension
    (aka Haute tension)
    (aka Switchblade Romance)

US Release Date: June 3rd 2005 (this is according to ComingSoon.net, but the US trailer mentions something about Valentine's Day so the release date may be changed!)

Plot Summary (from IMDB): Two female students, Marie and Alex, set off to Alex's parent's secluded homestead in the country to relax and study. Come nightfall, Hell pulls up at the front door. Alex is now bound and gagged, taken off, with Marie alluding the intruder. Can she save her friend's life in time? Or is everything all that it seems...

Comment: This is a French slasher film which i think has been to Ireland before. Think it went on limited release a couple of months back. And it was also shown at the Hennessey Film Festival, i think, last year.

Renowed for causing an uproar on it's release. Considered a cult film among horror fans for it's grisly bloody deaths and as a truly nail-biting thriller throughout. Also renowned for having a terribly disappointing ending (won't spoil!) and an infamous scene involving the killer's actions with a severed head.

Haven't seen the film myself but from the trailers i've seen / reviews i've read, it does seem like quite a promising horror.

I heard about this horror slasher 'round the same time i first heard about 'Saw' - both seemed to be getting great reviews. But i seemed to connect more with 'Saw' as it was an English film with some great trailers (the 'how f**ked up is that?' ones).

EDIT: A Region 0 DVD is now available, if you're really interested in seeing it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

basquille wrote:
    High Tension
    (aka Haute tension)

...Think it went on limited release a couple of months back. And it was also shown at the Hennessey Film Festival, i think, last year.
    Yup, UGC had it for about a two week run. VERY gory but effectively tense. Certainly one of the better slasher flicks of the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Loretta.

basquille wrote:
    High Tension
    (aka Haute tension)

Comment: Also renowned for having a terribly disappointing ending (won't spoil!) and an infamous scene involving the killer's actions with a severed head.

QUOTE]

i love talkin bout this film!

i caught it last feb at the dublin film festival.
    definately one of the best slashers ive seen since scream.

if you have seen most of the horror movies of the last 5 years then really its nothin new gore wise...it just goes that little bit further i guess :D

great soundtrack as well.
    they use the muse song "new born" with great timing durin the car chase.

and i have 2 disagree bout the ending.
    it has a twist (which is kinda compulsary in slashers nowadays) but i dont think it destroys the movie.
    everyone will have different opinions bout it i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Loretta.

btw does anyone know the song bein played in the huckerbees trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Loretta. wrote:
    Sounds like something from The Eels.

Loretta. wrote:
    That question has been asked many times over at the 'I Heart Huckabee's' Board on IMDB. The song in question was written exclusively for the film. The soundtrack was only released recently..

Anyways, the song is Jon Brion's "Knock Yourself Out"

• Advertisement
Advertisement