Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IP address

Options
  • 20-07-2015 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi guys. Have a vu duo that will not pick up a IP address with homeplugs connected.its a vodaphone router.i have tried everything rang vodafone they said no problem with router.tested home plugs on lap top all ok.any one know what is going on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Reset the Vu Dou? Possibly has a static address set on a different range than your router is using.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mr Guinness.

Rackstar wrote: »
    Reset the Vu Dou? Possibly has a static address set on a different range than your router is using.

Did not try that.only thing I did was plug everything out and still nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Hi guys. Have a vu duo that will not pick up a IP address with homeplugs connected.its a vodaphone router.i have tried everything rang vodafone they said no problem with router.tested home plugs on lap top all ok.any one know what is going on.

I've seen issues like this where homeplugs drop some UDP packets, DHCP is UDP. Give it a static IP.

I've seen issues like this where homeplugs drop some UDP packets, DHCP is UDP. Give it a static IP.

How do I set up a static address?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Something like this
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

You'll need to know the router's local IP range and gateway address, e.g 192.168.1.1, and avoid conflicts with the range of addresses it gives out via DHCP, to clients configured to get address automatically

• Advertisement

How do I set up a static address?

What model modem or router have you

What model modem or router have you
    Vodafone

Vodafone

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Which one?

If he can't answer above he won't manage the config.

OP ask a nerdy mate for help.

Advertisement