Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SLANE 2009 Oasis - All Discussion - No ticket sales.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Awh tha sucks, hugs,excuse the drunk post

Im guessing you were at AH Beers?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pah thats nothing. In my day we had to walk 16 miles to get the bus to walk the 2 and a half hours to see the band play.And we didnt have none of these fancy feet to get blisters on, we became the blisters!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

dylano_k wrote: »

After the show on heading for the buses though...we had to walk for 2 and a half hours to get to a bus, my feet are blistered to bits now and i cant put them down.
    I'm quite fond of my feet tbh, don't put them down because you won't have a leg to stand on tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pandemonium

Im guessing you were at AH Beers?? :pac:

Actually no. Was meant to go to zombie beers but ****ing work at 12, just out at friends birthday tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭nilhg

Just in myself, enjoyed the show but the N2 farce destroyed it for me, I feel sorry for the kids asleep in the hedges cause the buses they expected weren't there and can't understand how the traffic could have been at a standstill for a solid hour and a half at 2AM luckily enough I had GPS to guide me home across country once I got to a cross roads and got off the N2.

Put me off ever going or allowing any of my kids to go unless they had transport of their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

I'm quite fond of my feet tbh, don't put them down because you won't have a leg to stand on tomorrow.

Id love to laugh at that but the pain has gone beyond funny,...got those friction burns between the thighs, put aloe vera on it....stung worse than anything iv ever felt...cant sleep now

Id love to laugh at that but the pain has gone beyond funny,...got those friction burns between the thighs, put aloe vera on it....stung worse than anything iv ever felt...cant sleep now
    :eek:
    To thigh own bed, begone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

beyond funny,...got those friction burns between the thighs

Crotch rot that is...terrible too

Desperate hiccups wont go away, sudocream or vaseline for thighs darlins

sdonn wrote: »
    Crotch rot that is...terrible too

Don't get crotchety, pair up and have a chat in PMs.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

you got blisters walking two and a half miles, is the ground around slane molten lava or something :D

Or were you wearing heels? Barefoot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Shambolic in Slane yesterday/this morning. Arrived at main gate at around 5pm but didnt get into place till nearly 7pm, the walk through wooded area was jammed and i thought there was gonna be a crush several times. No one checked my e-ticket just someone checking bag for drink.

Got in and decided i needed a pint, so queued up and got stuck queueing for a pint for over and hour while prodigy played. The beer area nearest the entrance hadnt got proper railings and aisles set up so every scumbag was skipping and people couldnt carry their beer out without spilling it. People were turning back after queueing for half an hour as they werent moving.

Then at end night got on Dublin bus at around 11.30pm and didnt arrive into Dublin city till 3am!! Sitting in packed stuffy bus for 3 hours and barely moving an inch.
    Oasis were very good i thought but missed Kasabian completley because i was stuck in the wooded area for their entire set :mad:

Slane- never again unless all these probs are sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Loads of people got stranded in Slane and were sleeping in ditches along the road when our bus passed by. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

It was awful. Absolute disaster of a job by who ever was supposed to take responsibility for providing the public transport.

It got to the stage that 3 hours after leaving and eventually getting on a bus we were delayed by people refusing to clear the road and even staging a sit down protest at the lack of buses, which had to be cleared by Gardaí.

Absolute shambles and the line up would have to be very very strong to make me consider ever going to a Slane gig again.

ah you're all grumpalumps.

Flippin fantastic gig, even if did take 5 hours to get home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sounds no different to any other year at Slane tbh.

I had to do the same when the Chilli played. Suck it up, it's part of the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

That was so ****ing bad it was brilliant. I only had to queue for an hour and a bit to get a drink. Return Dublin Bus tickets were about as useful as a stick of ****e in a shoe. There must be hundreds still stranded.
    Didn't even need a ticket to get in..... At least Oasis were OK.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    you got blisters walking two and a half miles, is the ground around slane molten lava or something :D

2.5 hours!!!!

Yes it was a vury long walk back to the bus, I don't remember it being that long before but it clearly was. It's the same walk as you do going in but it's so much more fun on the way!!! Although waffling to randomers on the way out is a very good way to enjoy the walk back - maybe not for them mind you ;)

Gig was fantastic. Luckily I snook in my little bottles of vodka in so didn't have to queue for smelly beer. It was soo much fun, but there were a few heads around the place. There were two scumbags standing beside us smoking gear. Yuck.

I didn't want it to end though, it was such a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

really enjoyed it, prodigy were solid and liked the oasis set and sang along whilst drinking pints in a nice setting.

sorry to hear some people had a bad time, who would have thought you would have to queue for beer and wait for buses, it is a gig lads cop on, best stay at home in your jammies if your not up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

bigpoppa wrote: »
    really enjoyed it, prodigy were solid and liked the oasis set and sang along whilst drinking pints in a nice setting.

sorry to hear some people had a bad time, who would have thought you would have to queue for beer and wait for buses, it is a gig lads cop on, best stay at home in your jammies if your not up for it.

everyone seems to have enjoyed the bands (if they got to see them that is)

but don't be such a Tool, having to queue 90mins or more to get in and 90mins to get a poxy beer at any event is just a f****n joke, it's the usual inept organisation at big gigs here, I'd say they are trying to cut back on expenses, but how can you think that at an event that big should have more than one entrance so that people can actually get in to see the bands - oddly enough that's what you are paying for........

as for Dublin Bus what do you expect - they are always a mess, there's simply no excuse for them to not have enough buses on to cover the amount of people at the event - especially when it's so far away and with no other transport options once you get there........

was gonna get a bus down to Ac/Dc next week dont think I'll bother now.....can't rely on them to turn up.....have to figure another way back....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Didn't get searched, didn't get ticket checked, queued for over an hour for two poxy pints, bus home to drogheda cost me a tenner and I missed kasabian and most of the prodigy......

But it was worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Anybody go to Slane to see Oasis? Performance was top notch as expected and the prodigy were brilliant.

After the show on heading for the buses though...we had to walk for 2 and a half hours to get to a bus, my feet are blistered to bits now and i cant put them down, we walked 9km's to the dublin bus area that we had to pay 20return to use and thats what we got for it. Now the walk might have done me some good but other than that the travelling arrangements where despicable.

I take it you have never been to Slane before!

Im afraid its like that every single year, always has been as far as i know. Sure didnt you have to walk into the place? Was that not the exact same walk as the one back, except for the mass exodus of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Never been to Slane so I'm amazed at these stories.

Almost seems an opportunity.
    If some enterprising person could hire out some buses and then run them North, South, East and West to the towns arounds Slane there could be money to be made.

Yep, there would be issues with licences but you're providing a service which can only help the organizer and could make a packet at it too.

at least ya got home.. my friend is in a b&b towards dublin somewhere.. he's meant ta be in galway

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

rossie1977 wrote: »

Two and a half hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

what the hell was someone wearing to get blsiters from walking? Is this a case of a kid at their first ever festival/gig becasue it sounds like nothing else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Was the concert any good?

I live 2 miles away from Slane castle but i couldn't be arsed going.

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Was the concert any good?

I live 2 miles away from Slane castle but i couldn't be arsed going.

unbelievable.. sorry but ur a fool for missin it! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

I heard the sound was s**t.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement