Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Infraction

• 14-11-2015 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

I received an infraction on After Hours for trolling when I was actually taking part in the argument, just from a different angle to the other users.

The moderator who infracted me as good as admitted he was using selective modding as he said he was aware of an infinite number of abusive posts about me in the thread but hadn't the time to check them.

He was also extremely aggressive with me, basically threatening me with a ban if I continued to post in the thread. I was also sent a link to a close account form by the same moderator which is hardly very welcoming by a representative of the website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,744 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there. It is unclear if your issues are from mod posts or PMs. Can you please forward me a copy of your PM conversation with the mod &/or links to any relevant posts by you & the mod in the thread concerned.

Thanks,

tHB

The mod has kindly forwarded me the PM exchange. Do you still contend that the following statements are relevant to your appeal & are a true reflection of the circumstances?
    Very Bored wrote: »
    ...as good as admitted he was using selective modding...
    He was also extremely aggressive with me...

Let's take this one as an example.
    I was also sent a link to a close account form...
    I would imagine that this was in response to this part of your PM - "Ban me, close my account. I don't want to stay where I am not wanted..."

The way in which you phrased it above, one would believe that the mod was encouraging you to close your account; when in fact they were merely trying to help you as it is up to members to close their own accounts - not mods.

If there is anything you wish to change in your original appeal - feel free to start again. If not, I will proceed based on the information provided already & give my ruling on that basis.

Thanks,

tHB

No feedback from the OP to my request above.

The infraction stands. It is also worth noting that given the exaggerated & misleading claims made in the appeal, the OP is lucky not to have had a harsher mod action applied.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement