Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

• 16-04-2012 1:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Here is the revised draw for this years championships....

John Higgins v Liang Wenbo

Stuart Bingham v Stephen Hendry

Graeme Dott v Joe Perry

Stephen Maguire v Luca Brecel

Shaun Murphy v Jamie Jones

Stephen Lee v Andrew Higginson

Ali Carter v Mark Davis

Judd Trump v Dominic Dale

Mark Williams v Liu Chang

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Peter Ebdon

Martin Gould v Dave Gilbert

Neil Robertson v Ken Doherty

Ding Junhui v Ryan Day

Mark Allen v Cao Yupeng

Matthew Stevens v Marco Fu

Mark Selby v Barry Hawkins

Play starts this Saturday morning with the defending champion John Higgins first up against a very capable opponent and previous quater finalist Liang Wenbo.
    Some cracking ties to look forward to none more so than O'Sullivan v Ebdon. Ken Doherty will look forward to his game against Neil Robertson and i would give Ken every chance of causing an upset against the 2010 champion.
    Stephen Maguire v Luca Brecel will catch the eye for a lot of people, Maguire is having a great 2012 and that match will provide lots of talking points.
    My prediction for the semis are

Higgins v Trump and Robertson v Ding

Enjoy !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

just to be clear,
    you give ken every chance of an upset but you have robertson in the semi-finals?

hopefully i'll manage to catch a few games during the week. come on ken!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

jimmymal wrote: »
    just to be clear,
    you give ken every chance of an upset but you have robertson in the semi-finals?

hopefully i'll manage to catch a few games during the week. come on ken!

I do give Ken every chance but my personal pick would be Robertson and for him to maybe go on and win the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JBarnes1986

I hope Ken can put a good run together,he needs it(provisionally No.35 in the rankings).He's got a tough draw,I'll be surprised if he does overcome Robertson to be honest.Can't understand how a player of his ability is so low in the rankings that he had to qualify in the 1st place.

I hope Ken can put a good run together,he needs it(provisionally No.35 in the rankings).He's got a tough draw,I'll be surprised if he does overcome Robertson to be honest.Can't understand how a player of his ability is so low in the rankings that he had to qualify in the 1st place.

Kens ranking really denotes the season he's had, one semi final appearance in Austrailia has been the highlight.
    The new ranking format with it's three cut off points per season is the fairest system the game has had since the rankings were introduced. If you are consistently playing well and winning than your ranking will show it, the greatest example being Stephen Lee, he is now a top ten player again due to his recent winning run whilst O'Sullivan just about held on to his top 16 place and avoid qualifying for Sheffield simply because he has not enjoyed the best of seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JBarnes1986

Hopefully his winning 62 clearance in the final frame against Hamilton gives him a much needed boost.He always had bottle had Ken.

• Advertisement

Hopefully his winning 62 clearance in the final frame against Hamilton gives him a much needed boost.He always had bottle had Ken.

There is one thing that Ken always had and that was the bottle to produce under pressure. You can be sure he'll make Robertson fight all the way, I have tipped Robertson to win the tournament but the carrot for both players not that they need one is a best of 25 frame second round match against Gould or Gilbert to reach the quaters.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Are there any links to Kens final round clearance? I was following it on a Stream and it burned out at 9-8 :(

I cannot wait for Ebdon/O'Sullivan...:D Come on Peter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Im with UPC so its going to suck having no red button coupled with the shortened live coverage on BBC this year. Eurosport aren't the most reliable either but im hoping for the best.

Im with UPC so its going to suck having no red button coupled with the shortened live coverage on BBC this year. Eurosport aren't the most reliable either but im hoping for the best.

I'm in the same boat :(

I think I'll be relying on Streams alot...

I'm in the same boat :(

I think I'll be relying on Streams alot...

Strangely if i have to resort to live streams i tend to prefer watching the scoreboard on world snooker instead!, i get quite the kick out of that actually.

Im hoping the 750 EPG test page is the beginning of all things red button!. But i suspect its for testing for rte player platform etc. Not that sky would allow their content under upc red button but id settle for bbc red button content!

• Advertisement

zack01 wrote: »
    Here is the revised draw for this years championships....

John Higgins v Liang Wenbo

Stuart Bingham v Stephen Hendry

Graeme Dott v Joe Perry

Stephen Maguire v Luca Brecel

Shaun Murphy v Jamie Jones

Stephen Lee v Andrew Higginson

Ali Carter v Mark Davis

Judd Trump v Dominic Dale

Mark Williams v Liu Chang

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Peter Ebdon

Martin Gould v Dave Gilbert

Neil Robertson v Ken Doherty

Ding Junhui v Ryan Day

Mark Allen v Cao Yupeng

Matthew Stevens v Marco Fu

Mark Selby v Barry Hawkins

Play starts this Saturday morning with the defending champion John Higgins first up against a very capable opponent and previous quater finalist Liang Wenbo.
    Some cracking ties to look forward to none more so than O'Sullivan v Ebdon. Ken Doherty will look forward to his game against Neil Robertson and i would give Ken every chance of causing an upset against the 2010 champion.
    Stephen Maguire v Luca Brecel will catch the eye for a lot of people, Maguire is having a great 2012 and that match will provide lots of talking points.
    My prediction for the semis are

Higgins v Trump and Robertson v Ding

Enjoy !!!

Just realised I didn't name my tip, I'm going for Robertson to be world champion!!

Just for a run for my money i went for Mark Allen and Shaun Murphy last nite, both 16/1 on BFair.

I'll go for Mark Allen...:)

I'll go for Mark Allen...:)

You could do a lot worse, he's got the monkey off his back by winning a ranking title this season but recently seems to be struggling for some form. Mind you he does'nt seem to be doing much practising today, he uploaded a photo to the web of him sitting in a hair salon getting his barnet done for the Cruicble.

You could do a lot worse, he's got the monkey off his back by winning a ranking title this season but recently seems to be struggling for some form. Mind you he does'nt seem to be doing much practising today, he uploaded a photo to the web of him sitting in a hair salon getting his barnet done for the Cruicble.

Good to see he's got his priorities straight...:D

Snooker HQ has a special world championship podcast here.....

http://m.soundcloud.com/snookerhq/world-championship-preview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Hopefully Trump does not win.Something about him makes me dislike him.I think Robertson will win but Ken will put up a good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Nuts102

I like Trump but he doesnt deserve to be favourite. I just think he is reckless but seems to get away with it alot. My tip is Ronnie if he has his head sorted he wont be beaten in this longer format imo. But 7/1 is short for somebody who could do anything. Also going to have a bit of Brecel to beat Maguire think he is going to be a player to thrive on the big occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dekop

The rocket will win this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 martin kelly.

Don't care who wins wants its not Higgins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mickm86

hi, does anyone know what time the judd trump match is on at? thanks

mickm86 wrote: »
    hi, does anyone know what time the judd trump match is on at? thanks

He plays Dale Tuesday morning 10.00am and Wednesday afternoon at 2.30pm

BBC commentator and 1991 World Champion with his thoughts on the contenders for this years championships.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17720729

Flights just sorted, I'm heading over saturday afternoon for two nights to catch Ken's match. Back Monday morn then back over for the final w'end.

Flights just sorted, I'm heading over saturday afternoon for two nights to catch Ken's match. Back Monday morn then back over for the final w'end.

Oh my God thats fantastic!!! I hope you have a great time and see Ken on the table on both of your visits...;)

Oh my God thats fantastic!!! I hope you have a great time and see Ken on the table on both of your visits...;)

I'll watch it in the players lounge, couldn't sit outside in the arena, I'd be twitching too much!!

'WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS just around the corner. shame its played in the crucible, shxt hole, hopefully it will be in china soon'

As tweeted by Mark Williams this morning !!

I'll watch it in the players lounge, couldn't sit outside in the arena, I'd be twitching too much!!

Do you know Ken personally, may I ask..?

'WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS just around the corner. shame its played in the crucible, shxt hole, hopefully it will be in china soon'

As tweeted by Mark Williams this morning !!

Great way to insult one of the core traditions of the sport...:(

• Advertisement

Do you know Ken personally, may I ask..?

I do, I travelled with him on the tour for 11 years, '92 - '03

Advertisement