Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Oh & Happy Paddy's day lads. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

anyone remember an oldskool tune.. another well known track that had a female vocal in it saying " tried and liked it" tried and liked it
    aceberg wrote: »
    The Shaker aint it
    I thought so myself, just wasn't sure.. mooncat was it?
    tdv123 wrote: »
    It's not mooncat the only female vocals on it are "turnin up the bass, the trebles in your face" "Wont ya listen please, I'll put your mind at ease"

I remember the JX mix of Nush - U Girls had them lyrics in it but they were male ones not female.

You on about "Just lick it" (Bones Hard Head mix) Ace/Mac?? it's the only Shaker track I can think of with the "tried it (ya might) Like it"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

EarlERizer wrote: »
    You on about "Just lick it" (Bones Hard Head mix) Ace/Mac?? it's the only Shaker track I can think of with the "tried it (ya might) Like it"

thats right i was gona say the same its on a pressure mix 2nd track in after appollonia i believe :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Could be that than mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭teR_

Any know this track from the mid-nineties it had the lyrics from the track 'Kumara - Move Over' actually think it might be by the same group, same name too, its just not showing up in any searches. Track i'm looking for is from somewhere between 94/97. Don't remember it being as hard as the song mentioned above. Any idea?

Lyrics went like;
    'Attack the dance floor like a bulldozer those who came to stand move over'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭skoot

teR_ wrote: »
    Any know this track from the mid-nineties it had the lyrics from the track 'Kumara - Move Over' actually think it might be by the same group, same name too, its just not showing up in any searches. Track i'm looking for is from somewhere between 94/97. Don't remember it being as hard as the song mentioned above. Any idea?

Lyrics went like;

maybe this

http://www.discogs.com/Agostini-Dance-On-The-Groove/release/419610

d stressed mix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Yes was the 1 i was refering to anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

im pretty sure it is the one.. just no youtube vid for that one.. I think the full vocal went "then he did it tried and liked it"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

tdv123 wrote: »
    It's not mooncat the only female vocals on it are "turnin up the bass, the trebles in your face" "Wont ya listen please, I'll put your mind at ease"

I remember the JX mix of Nush - U Girls had them lyrics in it but they were male ones not female.

thanks tdv vocal at 3:50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Lyrics went like;

Could be this I reckon. Only has the first part of the lyrics but this is the one I remember from the 90s

• Advertisement

Lyrics went like;
    mordeith wrote: »
    Could be this I reckon. Only has the first part of the lyrics but this is the one I remember from the 90s

That was the first one that came to my mind too, then there's the tune it was sampled from ....:cool:

I think he's chasing this one though...

and this god awful effort - :eek: good god I'm glad I missed these ...

and then this atrocity of a release :eek::eek: mother o'jaysus why???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

es-cee wrote: »
    StarTrekFacePalm.gif

Dreadful!

Tragically so buddy,tragically so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

ianuss wrote: »

No disrespect mate, because i mean none. But i don't know whether to take this post, as a joke, or serious. On one hand it's old, that's a given. On the other hand, it's a commercial nightmare, and totally against what (the vast majority) of this thread is about. So i'm conflicted here really! If i say it's good, i'll get stick for liking a potentially unfavorable track. And if i say it's bad, i fall out of favour with yourself, for what would be my honest opinion. Dilema, would be the right word!

'Attack the dance floor like a bulldozer' is also on this

http://www.discogs.com/Disscode-I-Want-You-Boy/release/442437

(Hard 2 Dance Rmx)

I have an mp3 i'll up it to y/t 2morrow.

Would'nt b everybodies cup of tea now so b warned

es-cee wrote: »
    No disrespect mate, because i mean none. But i don't know whether to take this post, as a joke, or serious. On one hand it's old, that's a given. On the other hand, it's a commercial nightmare, and totally against what (the vast majority) of this thread is about. So i'm conflicted here really! If i say it's good, i'll get stick for liking a potentially unfavorable track. And if i say it's bad, i fall out of favour with yourself, for what would be my honest opinion. Dilema, would be the right word!

If you don't like it, you don't like it. No big deal. I like worse tracks than that tbh.

If you don't like it, you don't like it. No big deal. I like worse tracks than that tbh.

Absolutely m8.Never mentioned i did'nt like it meself.It's ok imo.Just reckon some of the lads on here may not be into it yeno.

But like ya say takes alsorts.I'm into some pretty obscure stuff meself.

I'm not dissing it mate, i just didn't know how to take it. There have been a lot of sarcastic posts, on the oldskool threads in this forum, and i really didn't know if this was one or not? Sorry mate, but i honestly didn't know. I've seen posts slagging oldskool to bits, on the oldskool thread, even though oldskool paved the way for modern stuff. Hopefully you can see what i'm getting at, i don't mean anything by it, but stuff like that has been posted in a slagging mannor in the past.

aceberg wrote: »
    I'm into some pretty obscure stuff meself.

You and me both!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

That is a steaming pile of pony in my opinion. Sums up this thread for me.

Look, on the one hand it's old, and on the other hand not everyone will like it.....but then on the other hand I used to love it when I went to The Cricket discos. It always went down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Look, on the one hand it's old, and on the other hand not everyone will like it.....but then on the other hand I used to love it when I went to The Cricket discos. It always went down well.
    How many hands do you have?

i'm not even going to dignify myself with an answer to that.

i'm not even going to dignify myself with an answer to that.

Lets not get our knickers in a twist kids!

Sums up this thread for me.

Have to laugh at this btw, makes as much sense, as a skirting ladder.

Sounds like your habit has fooked ya brain Junkie ....but i'm willing to bet you aint covered the thread in full and are merely talking tru your hole!

You dont like the thread...fair enough...fook off elsewhere n post your chin stroking bolloxolgy there.

or

if ya feel the thread is lacking in some oldskool of a differnt genre,please by all means throw up some examples of your tastes to enlighten those of us who've been posting "steaming piles of pony" whatever the fook that is!

Thank you please

Oh...PLU ;)

There's a lot, of techno snobbery going on round here, has been for years! Just make sure, you know what you're trying to disrespect, is all we ask. No oldskool, no techno, simple. The Detroit lads, are responsible for your whole scene, lets not forget that!

• Advertisement

:D ahhh I see what it is now, just copped a few familiar names about.....its the annual chin strokers & **** migration away from their boring shyte threads for a little chortle around the boards.

;) carry on you boisterous bunch!

Advertisement