Knitting - help and advice super thread! - Page 87 - uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
23-11-2015, 20:52   #1291
It was etsy that gave me the idea but it seems to be too late to order from most of them as it takes 3-4 weeks until shipping. was hoping there may be another alternative. Is anybody familiar with They have a shop in Dublin City. Might take a look in there.
24-11-2015, 22:47   #1292
To Block - before or after?

I've never bothered to 'block' before. Just knitted a hat so do I block before I sew it up or afterwards?
25-11-2015, 12:10   #1293
hmm... I've actually never blocked a hat before, it usually just stretches over the head I also knit them in the round.

However, I'd imagine blocking before will make sewing it up easier, and blocking after, will make the fit right ... any interest in doing both? does sound like lots of hassle to me.
I blocked a sweater after sewing the bits together, and found that seams were a little off, and would've helped to have them evened out before sewing.
Thanks from:
25-11-2015, 15:47   #1294
Thank you Gatica. Yes, it does seem too much bother but thought I'd give it a go this time. Think I'll block before I sew as the edges are curling a lot.
25-11-2015, 17:33   #1295
Originally Posted by conandoyle View Post
I was really hoping some one could help with this question. I am looking for a knitting group in Cork city. I was a given a few names and events by people but they all seem to be either disbanded or relocated. I basically looking for a bit of knittting and and natter. Any one out there that could help it's very much appreciated.

If you join Ravelry, you can search their groups. Here's link for Cork, but you'll need to sign in before you can see the list.

Quick Reply
Remove Text Formatting

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion