Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banned for nothing

• 04-11-2015 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

I have been banned for the following:

The post was not directed at any individual and quoted a newspaper article. There is nothing in the post that should mean a ban. Zero.

Originally Posted by gobsh!te viewpost.gif
    Good thinking....a village of 102 to take in 750 migrants.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6717591.html

Those 102 people better start learning Arabic.....This is great isn't it

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,643 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello gobsh!te.

Can you please confirm that you have followed the procedure in the large graphic at the top of this page? It's directly under the blue banner with the white words that read: "What to do if you've been banned".

Once you verify you've followed the above, you can expect to hear from a CMod in due course.

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭gobsh!te

Yes, I confirm this

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OK I'll look into this for you.

Please forward on your PM exchange with the mod over your European Union ban for that post.

Thanks.

Thanks for the PM exchange gobsh!te.
    I've also heard from the mod who gave me the background that you'd been spoken to about a potential ban but had ignored that. As a result I need to go through your other cards in the forum as well as that warning to see if the ban was a measured and appropriate response or if other action is needed here.

Thanks

OK sorry but some outside of boards stuff stopped me getting back sooner.

Basically gobsh!te at first glance I thought the ban was an over-reaction, at least that was the thought when I read that post in isolation. Yes it was below standard and I might have expected a warning on thread or a PM or at worst a yellow. Simples I thought.
    But then I reviewed your posting history and style in the forum.
    Since you joined less than 2 months ago you have amassed 3 Infractions and 1 Warning prior to this ban just in EU. And in fact the last Warning, issued just 1 day before you were banned stated "You've hand plenty of warnings. It'll be a significant ban next".

I can't just ignore that gobsh!te.

Based on this fact I am supporting the Ban and will now flag this to the admin team for review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Taltos wrote: »
    Based on this fact I am supporting the Ban and will now flag this to the admin team for review.
    No point in us reviewing if gobsh!te is happy with your summary and OK for this to be closed :)

Advertisement