Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 6 - Tournament Dublin - 6th November 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Who're those mysterious Polish brothers who keep beasting on Ryan Hart & making him salty?
    Never learned their names.

Devil and Matt. They were the ones who came 1st and 2nd at BoD, respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Triademan

Cloudpaul wrote: »
    I should probably highlight now that Simon has beaten Dinosaur and I think he's beaten one or 2 of the others at either Battle of Destiny and Super vs Battle as some of the names sound familiar from what I remember of being there. I was watching when he beat Dinosaur and it was rather convincing. In Battle of Destiny Devil beat Dinosaur also. He and his brother were 1st and 2nd, respectively.

I can put this info to Simon if you like and see if he'll possibly attend the next Inferno or something.

Well tested.

Beating dino is quite a achievement as he is in the top 3 UK in the last past years, the guy has been to many tourneys in europe, got really good results...And he has a huge knowledge of the game...

The polish brothers are Matt and Devil and they are not Mishima players...Devil is top tier charachter player ( Feng in T5, marduck and feng in Dr, Lili and marduck in t6, i am not sure about t6 though...), Matt was playing julia, Law and steve and got beaten many times by Ps in tourneys...
    So it is absolutely not like these guys are staying home in poland and could crush all best players who travelled and got experience in Europe...lol

Oh yeah, I have read that matt and devil did not travel...wrong info again, they went to paris at least twice for UT on Dr and in Germany I think at damagegermany...So even when travelling they did not won it.

After i dont know about Simon and i have been on the tekken scene quite a while, I know the players in Europe, the best in most countries ( Italy, England, france, Germany, holland, poland, spain, sweden...) and I was just asking who he was, and all the guys in dublin who are on TZ (the most famous tekken website in Europe never heard of him..sorry but this is a fact...) I never said he was a scrub...( If there is a scrub, this is probably me...!!!)

But to clarify there has been said lot of wrong stuff about devil being the best player in Europe, ect... and that s need to be said !

Anyhow ! Enough talks let see what we can do to organise something and have a fight !

I can t come over next week end but if you can drop in Dublin any time later, that s grand !

We ll have another tourney in next few weeks so this could be the opportunity for you to try us !

TEST YOU WELL

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Firstly, thank god i happened upon this thread!
    I've been dying to play some offline tekken in a community based environment.

But before i commit, a few questions;

1)I assume your playing on PS yeah? so i couldnt bring my arcade stick OFC since i play X-box.... :(

2) Is it always gonna be in tournament form? I dont care if its tournament based or not, would gladly play with a group of people for the joy of it. If a tournament form attract's more interest then i'll gladly join.

3) How regular are you planning to make these?
    Once a month would be great. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Triademan

1)I assume your playing on PS yeah? so i couldnt bring my arcade stick OFC since i play X-box.... :(

2) Is it always gonna be in tournament form? I dont care if its tournament based or not, would gladly play with a group of people for the joy of it. If a tournament form attract's more interest then i'll gladly join.

Yep We play on ps3 , look for ps3/Xbox stick converter I know you can buy some on he net...It might help...

Yep, I ll try to make a tourney every month in order to get some people regulary . Keep an eye on the forum. I ll post there !

TEST YOU WELL :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey, and welcome to the forum :) I'm sure if you keep an eye out for the threads that say "casuals" that pop up in this forum and ask anyone if they're up for some Tekken matches you might be able to find some people to play. I don't play Tekken at all myself, but a few around here do I think.

• Advertisement

Triademan wrote: »
    Yep We play on ps3 , look for ps3/Xbox stick converter I know you can buy some on he net...It might help...

Yep, I ll try to make a tourney every month in order to get some people regulary . Keep an eye on the forum. I ll post there !

TEST YOU WELL :D

Awesome! :D
    I dont see a reason why i cant make it down to dublin once a month

Count me in for the next one ;)

(oh and regarding the converter, my xbox stick is wireless unfortunately, so i'd have to manually install a pcb....which i probably will end up doing to a future stick at some point, but not any time soon me thinks!
    Cheers for the suggestion tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

Ixayek_usurper where are you from?

Is there going to be another tournament?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

mantys wrote: »
    Is there going to be another tournament?

Why don't you all work together and ensure there's another tournament.

Send triademan a pm or if you know him ask him or something.

We've said this a million times- you need to keep them going, or you'll never build up more interest!

Ixayek_usurper where are you from?
    Co. Louth dude. :)
    You?

Ixayek_usurper I was just asking to know if it is not too far away for you to come to Dublin.
    I live in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Ixayek_usurper I was just asking to know if it is not too far away for you to come to Dublin.
    I live in Dublin.

Ah its an 1hr 20~ish min's by bus. And they go rather frequently. Only problem is the weather atm :(

Ah its an 1hr 20~ish min's by bus. And they go rather frequently. Only problem is the weather atm :(

Tell me about it...

Well, I hope there's going to be another tournament so you can meet the people and stuff.
    What characters do you play? And how long have you been playing?

I'm really looking forward to it actually. :D
    I need to play offline to up my game. Because of my location there aint anyone (except my bro! :D) available to play, so we've been pushing each other as best we can. I've over 7000 online games but its not the same as offline, even tho there are a lot of really solid players online.

I've been playing since tekken 3. (thought i was the **** till i played online and realised i wasn't worth crap!! lol!)
    So,about 8 months ago i visited TZ, learned frame data,improved my punish success rate, worked lots of strat's, watched ton's of vids, and lots of games (more importantly, taken my fair share of loses!) to improve.

I think i'm at a good level, but there's definitely room for improvement.

I main Hwoarang, sub raven, and currently working on lee and dragunov.

Yourself?

I play since Tekken 5 DR and I am a beginner. If you feel like coming to Dublin and so on, just let us know.
    I main Miguel and Lili.
    The other players are really good, so you should contact them.
    You play since T3, so you should have a lot of experience.
    There should be another tournament coming soon (I hope, I didn't participate in the previous one), a good chance to meet the players.

Ah, i dont think a player should really be judged to much by how long they've played the game.
    I was crap before i played online and got my ass handed to me (numerous times!!!).
    This spurred me on to try to improve my play.

I'm definitely up for it. (provided buses are running OFC!)

Would you mind telling me whom i should contact?

@Ixayek_usurper:

Your top priority is triademan. He will probably organize another tournament soon. Just send him a PM.

If you don't want to wait for the tournament, maybe we can meet at XGC in Dublin and play for longer time (so you just don't pay the bus fare to play 5 games of Tekken and then head back), if any of the guys are interested, they should post here.

BTW, I lost all my phone numbers just yesterday so I have no other contact with the community.

On TZ there are some guys saying that they would be interested in coming here and playing, or even participating in a tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 nani

I`m the guy who`s mentioned by mantis on TZ.

Defintetly - just a small tournament of 10+ people would be a very interesting stage to start from.
    Even sparring matches would be nice - just to see the levels of play we are at. Maybe it turns out its too early for us to be on a tournament. I myself would be interested in sparring, but I am not to sure about my friends. Theyd probably would like to see a tournament first!

Anyways - let us know whups up! We are in situated in South tipp. Cahir.
    So if any players are close here - let us know and we could organize something!!! :)

I think we could meet up in Dublin. It seems that triademan is either busy or in France. I don't have phone numbers of players so I can't be sure.
    If anyone wants to organize something, they should post here.

Like I said if there are any players say starting from 3 (including mantys) it would be worth coming down to Dublin for a sparing session - a day full of Tekken. And provided we would have a place to play.
    As mentioned above (day full of tekken) it would have to be like at least some 3+ hours as its about 2+ hours for us gettin to Dublin, so that its worth coming.

Just meet up in the XGC on Liffey St. It's where the blaz blue and the Street Fighter players already meet.

• Advertisement

Are there any particular times you meet up there?

If there are any vids of ya guys playin it would be nice seeing theme (some links), so we could determine what we are in for. :)
    BTW - I saw some footage from belfast tournament, but there werent a lot of vids...

I saw the videos as well. Actually there is plenty of them. And let me say they are ****!
    The only player worth playing against is Simon. He knows the game. The other players are like me...:D seriously. Or even worse than me and that is something!!!

We should leave the meet up to January probably, as Christmas is coming and all that...
    And nobody replied, so...

There are no videos of the good players playing T6, there are some videos of them playing T5DR, so check it out. Search for Tekken Ireland on youtube.

To be fair,i'm not a tekken player at all. Give me the opportunity to record some high level Irish tekken tournament play and I'll do my best to record it.

I've actually got some stuff on my hd but there's some sync problems and I have no idea who's playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Just organise a meet up at xgc and ill be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Lads, one of you who plays Tekken has to actually step up and organise something, it's not just going to magically materialise from ye saying "I hope someone organises a meetup".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

There are no meetups for the same reason there are no match vids for the same reason there aren't many good players.

Tekken is dead.

Nobody plays it.

The field at CXC was a mighty three entrants when signups were meant to close and a handful of us threw in just to make up numbers.

There are no meetups for the same reason there are no match vids for the same reason there aren't many good players.

Tekken is dead.

Nobody plays it.

The field at CXC was a mighty three entrants when signups were meant to close and a handful of us threw in just to make up numbers.

No it isn't. Well at least I don't think so.

No one makes a concerted effort. I would bet there's is considerably MORE casual Tekken players than SF in Ireland. I certainly see more interest in it in casually at the cons than SF. 1 tournament gets organised and because only a few people show up another doesn't happen for months.

Blaz Blue was effectively dead in the Republic til about 4 months ago when Chuey (a.k.a Joe) and Voa did the ground work. Wheel of Hype is trundling on now.

The Tekken players need to man up and keep running tournaments and casuals on a regular basis or it's never, ever going to happen. Yeah only 5 or 6 people might show up this time. But next time 6 or 7 might.

I talked to Triademan and he agreed but he seems to have vanished again.

Lads, pick a weekend, go in to XGC and play your casuals and start from there. But if you don't make it happen it won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

OK that was a bit of an exaggeration but the point is there.

I suppose the somewhat elitist undertones cropping up around the thread irk me because expecting high level Irish Tekken is kinda like going to a Star Trek convention for the break-danceoff.

Whatever...

OK. I'm willing to organise a meet up this Saturday, 18th December. By "organise" I mean to actually show up.;)
    Whatever time suits you guys. I will bring one copy of the game, two PS3 controllers, that's it.

Just to let you guys know. XGC is an internet cafe where they have PS3 consoles and XBOX360 consoles to play on. The fee is 2.5 per hour per person. If you want a controller you have to pay 20 euro deposit for it, so bring your own if you can and copies of the game.
    The cafe is a short walk from O'Connell Street, on 30/31 Lower Liffey Street, Dublin 1.

http://www.xtremeigc.com/Contact.html

Any questions, post here. Post a time you'll be there so ... we won't miss each other and stuff.

P.S. Oh, and the videos from Belfast have very good quality, the players don't. (not Simon)

• Advertisement

P.S. Oh, and the videos from Belfast have very good quality, the players don't. (not Simon)

That's kinda the point my friend, if the good players don't show up to tournaments when they are put on, there's not much we can do!

Advertisement