Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport - Terminal 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Setanta_og

I don’t know what time of the day or night you passed through DA at but I can tell you my experience is quite the opposite to yours this Airport needs this extension in similar proportions to the extension at Heathrow furthermore it is in time going to prove to be the most important infrastructural project ever undertaken in the state’s history.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I must say the ongoing spat between MOL and the DAA is one of the most entertaining out there :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Dublin Airport's Terminal 2 is badly needed, passenger number trends at the airport aside. The sooner it is open and operational the better.

As a previous poster state, it will be one of the most important infrastructural developments in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Can anyone confirm will the entrance road for terminal 2 will stay the same or is the road layout to change ? ie short term car park, assorted coaches & drop offs all to go through the same bottleneck ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Plowman wrote: »

Thanks for that pic. Going by that it is still pretty much a bottleneck, granted it branches out slightly but the coaches, short term car park and drop off points could all be ground to a halt with one badly placed broken down bus. Also the pic doesnt show lights layout prior to that where the wider road merges with the feeder roads could be chaotic too.

I think the terminal at the moment may not be necessary due to the drop in numbers but for future proofing it is essential for Dublin but hand in hand with that is the road infrastructure surrounding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭weehamster

and rebuilt piers A & B!
    I think T2 is very important for this. Many of the service can be temporary shifted over to T2 while the piers are upgraded causing (I hope) minimal disruption overall.

Just to add, heres a picture of the design of a new hotel at the end of the air bridge. If you notice the bridge continues through the hotel to the other side. It will turn 90 degrees towards the metro stop ending with a escalator/lifts right beside the station entrance. I've seen a picture of this but I cant find it at the mo. Will post it when I'll find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

that link will only work for people who can log in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Air Canada (and Air Transat) would not gain anything from the CBP station so the money would have to be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Another update on T2 from the Irish Times:
    A new access road at Dublin airport will officially open tomorrow.

Passengers who are being dropped off at the airport by car will now have to access the terminal by taking the new road, which takes motorists through the centre of the soon-to-be-opened Terminal 2.

Passengers using the short-term car park and those arriving by taxi, bus and coach will, for another two months, continue to access Terminal 1 by the existing approach road.

From March all passengers departing from Terminal 1 will access that terminal via the new approach road.

The traffic changes are part of the ongoing programme to upgrade the airport’s campus roads and will be clearly signposted on overhead gantries and other signage as vehicles enter the airport.

Terminal 2 is due come on stream in November with a capacity of 15 million passengers. It will accommodate all of the airport’s long-haul traffic and offer a unique new customs clearance facility for US-bound passengers.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0125/breaking60.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Two great photos (from August but not seen them posted previously).

aerial9.JPG

aerial3.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

New pics from DAA website

New_T2_3.JPG

New_T2_4.JPG

New_T2_5.JPG

New_T2_8.JPG

New_T2_14.JPG

New_T2_22.JPG

New_T2_36.JPG

New_T2_38.JPG

New_T2_39.JPG

Link road

New_T2_44.JPG

New_T2_51.JPG

New_T2_52.JPG

New_T2_49.JPG

New_T2_41.JPG

New_T2_40.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

New_T2_50.JPG

New_T2_9.JPG

Very impressive:). Was that last shot the moment they were told they have no jobs in a few weeks?:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Like the new pics, but would love to see one of the extremely long Pier E corridor...! Must look very impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I see passengers arriving at Pier B (300 gates) will be able to use Terminal 2 baggage reclaim, passport control and customs by use of a new air bridge being built.

The bridge will start at the main part of Pier B where the gates & US Border Control is, run along side Pier B shopping, then parallel to the back of Terminal 1 before joining Pier C.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Nice. But I wish they'd realise that NOONE will use the stairs and everyone will use the escalators.

Nice. But I wish they'd realise that NOONE will use the stairs and everyone will use the escalators.

And whats about when the escalator is broken and needs to be worked on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

A few auld ones would be scared of using the escalators. There has to be an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

tech2 wrote: »
    A few auld ones would be scared of using the escalators. There has to be an alternative.

I always use a stairs if it is available as long as I don't have a large bag with me and I always see lots of other people using the stairs too. It is usually quicker and keeps you fitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I always use a stairs if it is available as long as I don't have a large bag with me and I always see lots of other people using the stairs too. It is usually quicker and keeps you fitter.

Ha! Auld!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭nordydan

tech2 wrote: »

There a lot of non-auld people who are afraid of escalators. Not sure why but there you go!

Advertisement